No announcement yet.

Joe Frazier vs Joe Louis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    Frazier should give him a rougher fight than expected. I think Louis will be too much in the end though.

we have to look at it like Louis schmeling 2, the hungry version of Louis. He did have 25 title defences after all.

Anybody as advanced as this guy not even 5th match frazier fought who existed in the louis era? The answer is no so why did idiots say louis would win,frazier even at this stage was way more advanced than the whole louis era​

Comment

Frazier should give him a rougher fight than expected. I think Louis will be too much in the end though.

we have to look at it like Louis schmeling 2, the hungry version of Louis. He did have 25 title defences after all.
      What exactly here from either of these fighters in this match looks as advanced as that guy, which wasn't even fraziers 5th match. This looks like novices compared to yourself as a crazy person as always

Last edited by Ascended; 03-29-2024, 12:51 PM.

Comment

This would be a good one as weight is about the same for both men in shape.

I used to think that Louis would win early, but after many years I have grown to appreciate Frazier. Frazier fought better competition in his best ten wins rate over Louis best ten wins.

This would be a fight that produces knock downs and there is a good chance that both would floor each other. Neither man is durable. Fraizer is the better of the two on defense.

I'll go with Louis to win as his skills on offense are better and he is the better puncher. But if Frazier takes it to him and lands enough he could win too.

Comment

Tough one to call. Louis had perfect technique on his punches and Ali had the speed of a lightweight while Frazier was a plodder... Problem is, Louis had to be set to land those shots, and like Ali, Louis would often carry his guard low. Ali made a big mistake against Frazier because he was pressured into doing so. Louis would also make mistakes. I might give this one to Smokin Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended

They don't fight from range much; they leave themselves open a lot. A lot of times, they will just throw themselves into the body and not protect themselves. They use mostly counters when up close; the lateral movement is very basic; they don't seem to be able to punch from range while doing it smoothly; they have to stop then punch most of the time; and their feet are mostly tiptoeing.​ And a lot of times they wait for the person to hit them, standing right in front of their opponent​
            ​
            these obsolete flaws and tech exist in Jersey even who was the most skilled in the HW class it shows in this match too, that Jersey/louis isn't close to as advanced as that no name frazier fought or himself in the areas I named and that no name didn't have the same obsolete tech and flaws as this novice like the era

Do these flaws and tech exist in the Frazier match with either fighter?​ or can you not see good so you can't see these obsolete tech/flaws​

So which match is it based on you had louis winning from when he never even faced anybody as advanced as frazier.

Where is Louis better at offense at having easy targets?/when they just stood there as I said brawling with him and didn't even move as well to avoid shots as they did in the 70s?

You type like you are mentally challenged dude. I cant fully understand what you are even trying to say.

Comment

You type like you are mentally challenged dude. I can't fully understand what you are even trying to say.
              That's right exposed like always crazy cult member keep trolling

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended

They don't fight from range much; they leave themselves open a lot. A lot of times, they will just throw themselves into the body and not protect themselves. They use mostly counters when up close; the lateral movement is very basic; they don't seem to be able to punch from range while doing it smoothly; they have to stop then punch most of the time; and their feet are mostly tiptoeing.​ And a lot of times they wait for the person to hit them, standing right in front of their opponent

these obsolete flaws and tech exist in Jersey even who was the most skilled in the HW class it shows in this match too, that Jersey/louis isn't close to as advanced as that no name frazier fought or himself in the areas I named and that no name didn't have the same obsolete tech and flaws as this novice like the era

Do these flaws and tech exist in the Frazier match with either fighter?​ or can you not see good so you can't see these obsolete tech/flaws​

So which match is it based on you had louis winning from when he never even faced anybody as advanced as frazier.

Where is Louis better at offense at having easy targets?/when they just stood there as I said brawling with him and didn't even move as well to avoid shots as they did in the 70s?
                Well, Frazier had only one way to fight, up close. His out game is a near zero and he did not have ANY jab or Right hand with a darn. His reach was limited. Louis at least had a good jab and a mid to long range and a good right hand.

Which match did Louis face someone like Frazier? He did not. But I project them based on how they would matchup.

Frazier could only fight one way and had one effective punch, the left hook. Louis had more variety in attack and was the harder hitter. And Louis had a good uppercut for in fighting

Both guys had their share of drawbacks. I favor Louis 65.35

We must factor in what Frazier is not and where he is vulnerable too.

Comment

Very few fighters under 210 pounds, can trade with Louis. On the other hand, I can see how Frazier's bob and weave style would give Louis trouble. Louis has real power with speed. Frazier is just a nonstop punching machine. I can make a strong case for both. Great match up.
                  Dr. Z Dr. Z likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbig1 View Post
                    Very few fighters under 210 pounds, can trade with Louis. On the other hand, I can see how Frazier's bob and weave style would give Louis trouble. Louis has real power with speed. Frazier is just a nonstop punching machine. I can make a strong case for both. Great match up.
                    They don't fight from range much; they leave themselves open a lot. A lot of times, they will just throw themselves into the body and not protect themselves. They use mostly counters when up close; the lateral movement is very basic; they don't seem to be able to punch from range while doing it smoothly; they have to stop then punch most of the time; and their feet are mostly tiptoeing.​ And a lot of times they wait for the person to hit them, standing right in front of their opponent

Comment

Originally posted by mrbig1 View Post
                      Anybody as advanced as this guy not even 5th match frazier fought who existed in the louis era? The answer is no so why did you a idiot say louis would have a chance,frazier even at this stage was way more advanced than the whole louis era​

These guys were way more advanced in angles/fluidity/timing/defense/better tech/fought smarter Louis has no chance at all based on this match or any other match frazier had

Last edited by Ascended; 03-30-2024, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X