Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte-Alexander Povetkin Rematch: Eddie Hearn Confirms March 6 Is Date

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pov was shot in the first fight. He'll be Haye v Bellew 2 in the second.

Comment

I look forward to this rematch. Povetkin close to being finished in the sport so this is a critical fight for Whyte’s career. He will always get good fights & make money just like Chisora but it would set him back a few years if he loses again. He can win but can he avoid that big punch again? He showed he could hurt Povetkin & has the goods to win but making it a reality is easier said than done.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
        If people only posted in threads related to things they wanted to see, or were interested in then this board would have very limited traffic. Posting your opinion on something online isn't trolling. I'm not saying anything outlandish or trying to get a reaction out of people...

Seems my opinion is more or less the majority, though some of you still want to see it so it's up for debate.

That's mostly what people do on boxing forums.. Argue/debate. Then a small amount of equal proportions of people agreeing with each other, and people stooping to personal attacks and flame wars.
        Oh, bollocks. Your original point was that no-one wants to see this. I want to see it. Other posters in this thread have said they want to see it. Plenty of people will watch it, so your original point is demonstrably invalid.

There is no evidence your opinion is in the majority. A handful of posts and your own confirmation bias might make it seem that way to you, but unless you've conducted a poll, let's agree you have nothing really to base that statement on.

This is a decent matchup. It's that just based on two top 10 heavyweights facing each other, let alone the dynamics of the first fight, where we saw one fighter heavily dropped before coming back to knock his oppoent the fk out.

If you don't like it, fine, but don't pretend everyone else agrees with you to try and add weight to your weak sauce opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
          Oh, bollocks. Your original point was that no-one wants to see this. I want to see it. Other posters in this thread have said they want to see it. Plenty of people will watch it, so your original point is demonstrably invalid.

There is no evidence your opinion is in the majority. A handful of posts and your own confirmation bias might make it seem that way to you, but unless you've conducted a poll, let's agree you have nothing really to base that statement on.

This is a decent matchup. It's that just based on two top 10 heavyweights facing each other, let alone the dynamics of the first fight, where we saw one fighter heavily dropped before coming back to knock his oppoent the fk out.

If you don't like it, fine, but don't pretend everyone else agrees with you to try and add weight to your weak sauce opinion.
          Queue raging Brits.

When has an interim title fight that ended so decisively ever required a rematch? Yeah Povetkin was dropped but he obviously wasn't that hurt and probably would have finished the fight on his feet.

Doesn't seem fair that just because he wasn't supposed to win that Povetkin doesn't get to move on to a better opportunity. Especially at his age. And just the same Whyte should have to work his way back up.

Yeah I'll watch the ****ing fight cause there is so little boxing on anyway, but doesn't mean I have to willingly and happily lap it up.

Also I'm not pretending everyone agrees with me, and it might not be the majority but there's clearly a divide in the thread. I'm not going to speculate any % but it's not as if I'm some minor dissenting opinion if multiple people are in agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
            Why would Parker be in a mandatory fight if he defeats Junior Fa ?
            How many fights has Parker won in a row, compared to dildo Whytes winning steak of zero?

We all know cowardly dildo whyte will run from his much desired title fight, as soon as it arrives, just like last year when Eddie sent him the contract to sign to fight AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              Like I said, I poligize, but whyte vs Andy has more cross culture appeal. Somthing like that with western hemisphere. On top of the abuse, what if the Covid has lasting affects on Pov? Look at Campbell, he didn't come close.
              Just like the covid virus, Matchroom fighters seem to unfairly target the elderly.

Eddie learnt his lesson after matching a young fighter called Ruiz against his cash cow AJ. Will be 40+ year Olds exclusively for AJ and whyte from here on in.

Comment

But in Eddie Hearns world of rematch clauses should Whyte beat old P. then rather than be in position to demand a world title shot he should give P. a rematch as it would be 1-1....!

Comment

I knew that loudmouth wasn't going to fight Luis Ortiz like he claimed.

Just more bluster out if him.

Comment

Easy ko win for Whyte, let's go
                    BODY SNATCHER!!
                    ## MAXIMUM VIOLENCE ##

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
                      Hope Povetkin wins again,Whyte never had any class,but even less than I used to think.
                      If Pov does win - I would wager that Whyte remains in the WBC top 10. You're only one win away from getting that lucrative 'WBC never get a shot' mandatory position.

Comment

Working...
                      X