Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte-Alexander Povetkin Rematch: Eddie Hearn Confirms March 6 Is Date

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
    The rematch no one wanted and that Whyte barely deserved. I really hope he loses again but he will probably play it safe for a snoozer 12 rounder British decision.
    Exactly my sentiments.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
      Did they though? How many were clamoring for this rematch?

Since when does an interim title fight need a rematch especially when the guy got KTFO!
      Since the first fight was a voluntary for Whyte with a rematch clause .

Both fighters have nearly 50 knockouts between them . Whyte will probably win and then you’ll have your answer why rematches don’t always turn out the same way . Obviously there is no mismatch here ,Povetkin was lucky to not have got stopped before finding his own K.O .

Comment

Yeah I came to see if I was alone in wondering why this is happening. Whyte got sparked so badly he literally didn't know what happened and Povetkins old with not much opportunities left after this unexpected resurgence. He should be looking for his last big fight not rematches. And sure Whyte was looking better than usual but that's not enough cause for a rematch, come on. Fighters lose and learn. What's the upside for either boxer and us the fans other than Whyte feeling better if he avenges the brutal ko.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason Brown View Post
          I think Povetkin needs to make more adjustments to win than Whyte, Whyte will be wary of the left uppercut this time, Povetkin needs something else, he can time the right hand over Whyte's jab if he's slow to bring the left glove back to his chin, but I doubt he'll win again, Whyte was boxing better than I'd ever seen him, and the delay favours Whyte, even aside from Povetkin having covid.
          Povetkin has had his whole career to look out for an uppercut and he's proven time and time again that he has no idea how to look out for them.

Povetkin hitting him with that punch was no fluke. He was waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Povetkin has had his whole career to look out for an uppercut and he's proven time and time again that he has no idea how to look out for them.

Povetkin uppercutted himself ?

Comment

The only reason this is watchable is to see Dillon kiss the matt again. Geezer, druggies, never was wars, and the Brits are eating it up. What is it about canvas backing that brings them out?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Whyte has no idea how to look out for them you mean?

I know he's been sparked twice by an uppercut and Rivas dropped him with an uppercut, I don't think Povetkin's KO was a fluke by any means, I just don't think there's much else he can do to win, Whyte likely has got better at looking out for an uppercut, Povetkin's set up was better than Joshua's and Rivas's, Whyte will be more prepared for that shot this time, I'd be surprised if Povetkin knocked him out with another uppercut.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason Brown View Post
                  Whyte has no idea how to look out for them you mean?

I know he's been sparked twice by an uppercut and Rivas dropped him with an uppercut, I don't think Povetkin's KO was a fluke by any means, I just don't think there's much else he can do to win, Whyte likely has got better at looking out for an uppercut, Povetkin's set up was better than Joshua's and Rivas's, Whyte will be more prepared for that shot this time, I'd be surprised if Povetkin knocked him out with another uppercut.
                  Povetkin has a better left hook or at the very least equal to Whyte and also has power in his sneaky overhand right. Whyte doesn't seem to have much in the way of a right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz View Post
                    Exactly my sentiments.
                    If you guy's weren't interested in this rematch then.....
                    Why ya'll in the comments?
                    Lol
                    This is a good fight
                    Stop Trolling !!

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                      Povetkin uppercutted himself ?
                      Lololololol
                      Lololololol

Comment

Working...
                      X