Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk Blasts Tony Bellew For Knockout Win in Eight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
    So Bellend gets KTFO right in front of Eddie Hearn almost snapping his neck on the ropes. Bellew put up a show pony fight for a while but once Usyk got into the rhythm...lights out.

I always enjoy seeing these Sky Sports/Matchroom/DAZN shills with egg on their face. Always reading off the same scripts saying their fighter is going to knock the opponent out, win, is winning when they're clearly not, is winning when there's rounds that are 50/50...

Hilarious. Who's up next to throw egg on their faces? It would be hilarious if Khan schools Brook and has the last laugh since he's the one the entire Sky Sports/Matchroom shills have had an erection for over a decade.

Bellew had success because he comes from a lower weight so is naturally unassumingly fast, is a better boxer than most give him credit for and has heart to engage in the moment. Same reason Haye 7.0 couldn't catch him with his half broken body.

At heavyweight there's a lot of dead wood Usyk can just school then there's the the fringe world class level that can bang but can't move which are probably going to be an indication of whether Usyk can do anything at the weight. If he comes through the likes of a Parker/Whyte/Miller then he probably can do well against the the ones currently sitting at the top of the division i.e Wilder/Fury/Joshua.
    Bellew was ahead on the cards.

And you may *hate* Hearn and U.K. fighters but nobody expected Bellew to win here tonight. Just because we get behind our fighters, doesn’t mean we assume they will win.

Douchebag.

Comment

• Usyk is a cool classy guy and highly skilled fighter but he gets knocked out by joshua....to small and joshua is a world away from tony bellew who was pretty much level with usyk after the 7th round.....glad the bellew story is over now and to honest he was punching above his weight and just rode his luck very well

Comment

• If AJ-Wilder/Fury doesn't get done for April I think Usyk will be the opponent. For AJ/Hearn he's more attractive than a Miller fight and there aren't many other options. For Usyk, if he turns down April then September could see AJ-Wilder finally done, then a rematch then Fury and meanwhile Usyk is left facing 3-4 bigger guys in risky fights which don't earn him as much combined as the 1 AJ fight would've.

Comment

• First, I would to congratulations to Oleksandr Uysk on his victory this evening. Overall, he fought very well tonight by taking care of business, like he should have.

Also, I would like to tip my hat to Tony Bellew who was a huge underdog going into this fight but more than held his own in the first half of it.

Overall Bellew put up a spirited effort by fighting off the back foot and landed several sneaky punches in the process, by playing the counter puncher role. However, by the second half of the fight, Usyk began to adjust and kicked it into another gear.

Earlier, I thought he showed Bellew too much respect, but once he decided to let his hands go more it became a wrap and the better fighter won in my opinion.

Comment

• What a Fukin left hand, fair fuks to bellew he gave it everything but usyk is unified for a reason and I hear Joshua is moving to light heavy Cuz usyk is well a Fukin killer lol

Comment

• Originally posted by asotgod123 View Post
              Exactly. For instance, Ortiz is a known counterpuncher but Wilder played the role of counterpuncher to take Ortiz out of his game. Wilder can implement multiple game plans to wreck Usyk. Don't see him lasting more than 6 against Wilder. All that cute movement won't do jack. From all I have seen so far, Usyk is not faster than AJ or Wilder.

What he is great at are the angles he creates but in terms of speed - nothing he has shown to date proves that he is fast. Once he gets wrecked at the heavyweight - then all this hype will go down. He is great but unfortunately might be too small for the heavyweights who are really good at what they do.
              His movement is quality but at some point he’s gonna get tagged hard

Wouldn’t mind seeing Usyk miller next just to see how he can deal with a big lump

Comment

• it was his destiny... he went out on the cusp of a blaze of glory

Comment

• Bellew was right when he said Usyk was a level (or two?) above him but when he described himself as World Class, I dunno. I'll put it down to Tony still being a bit dazed after the KO.

Comment

• Fell like a sack of damned potatoes lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                      If AJ-Wilder/Fury doesn't get done for April I think Usyk will be the opponent. For AJ/Hearn he's more attractive than a Miller fight and there aren't many other options. For Usyk, if he turns down April then September could see AJ-Wilder finally done, then a rematch then Fury and meanwhile Usyk is left facing 3-4 bigger guys in risky fights which don't earn him as much combined as the 1 AJ fight would've.
                      Then let Eddie Hearn proceed at his own peril. Usyk is the more fundamentally sound, scientific and technical of most of the heavyweights in the division. He would be wise to hold off a potential bout between AJ and Usyk until it became absolutely necessary.

Comment

Working...
                      X