Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk Blasts Tony Bellew For Knockout Win in Eight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    Yeah but he's dealing with a guy who was a 175lb fighter years past.
    Joshua is a monster and Wilder, as terrible as his boxing skills are, is a massive puncher.

Usyk can box circles around both on the same night but if he catches that right hand from wilder he is in trouble. Joshua is a better technician than Wilder but I think he's a bit slow and predictable
    I don't disagree the power could be a problem, but I think Usyk is looking all the quicker & able to use angles all the better vs these awkward moving HW's.

I'd be curious to see Usyk vs Parker for his first HW fight. Not a giant puncher, but a fair test at HW. He'd for sure be wise to ease into a HW body doe. If he can get to around 210-220 & move similar to he does now with a lil increased power himself he's gonna be hell to contend with if he can take a decent HW shot when he does get hit.

Comment

• Wilder wrecks Usyk. He is too short and has a short reach. He was tentative against Bellew who doesn't have a punch. Imagine what he would do with Wilder in front of him keeping him at the end of his jab. Usyk is not ready for AJ or Wilder. He matches up best with AJ imo; then Wilder; then Fury.

Fury will just keep him at the end of his jab and then grab him because he is longer and very fast. AJ does not move well enough but will wreck Usyk - AJ is happy to take a shot to give one, two or three back and that will be Usyk's downfall against AJ. I don't see Usyk beating any of my top 5 - Wilder, Ortiz, Fury, AJ and Big Baby Miller. I just don't see it. He will rank in the top 10 but the kind of shots he will be taking won't help at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
        Any boxer that moves towards uysk will be made to look stupid.

Bellew knew he was only fighting tonight to showcase uysk to the uk so he was clever and backed away. This forced uysk to box on the front foot which isnt his game and try to be the aggressor.

And still, Uysk didnt move out of 2nd gear and starched him.

No way AJ or wilder can execute the same plan, they will be following uysk round the ring all night getting spun.
        I disagree

Usyk is class don’t get me wrong but he takes shots in every fight I’ve seen him in

If one of the heavys land on him he’s gonna be squiffy real quick

Comment

• So Bellend gets KTFO right in front of Eddie Hearn almost snapping his neck on the ropes. Bellew put up a show pony fight for a while but once Usyk got into the rhythm...lights out.

I always enjoy seeing these Sky Sports/Matchroom/DAZN shills with egg on their face. Always reading off the same scripts saying their fighter is going to knock the opponent out, win, is winning when they're clearly not, is winning when there's rounds that are 50/50...

Hilarious. Who's up next to throw egg on their faces? It would be hilarious if Khan schools Brook and has the last laugh since he's the one the entire Sky Sports/Matchroom shills have had an erection for over a decade.

Bellew had success because he comes from a lower weight so is naturally unassumingly fast, is a better boxer than most give him credit for and has heart to engage in the moment. Same reason Haye 7.0 couldn't catch him with his half broken body.

At heavyweight there's a lot of dead wood Usyk can just school then there's the the fringe world class level that can bang but can't move which are probably going to be an indication of whether Usyk can do anything at the weight. If he comes through the likes of a Parker/Whyte/Miller then he probably can do well against the the ones currently sitting at the top of the division i.e Wilder/Fury/Joshua.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
            I thought Eddie was going to cry. It’s was a lovely knockout. I don’t know why I was so excited seeing a Brit hit the canvas..... Oh well it’s Joshua’s turn next
            I thought you were an AJ supporter. Why do you want him to hit the canvas?

Comment

• Bellew behaved like a clown and got wrecked.

Comment

• Bellew should have gone for the KO early. I think he gained a bit of confidence and thought he was winning the fight. Which he was in the short-term, but he should have thrown caution to the wind in those first 4 rounds, capitalised on his momentum and just tried to spark Usyk out cold. It was only ever going to end one way if he didn’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
                  Nope. Managed to watch it all. Found another stream that was playing catch up lol.
                  congrats!!

I remember the streams cutting out 20 seconds before Carl Froch KO'd Jermain Taylor and when they came back Froch had the belts ... all the Americans went nuts because Taylor was about to win a clear decision.

good times.

Comment

• I hope Bellew is okay he sounded completely out of it. There was something zombie like about his stare. Hope tests come out negative

Comment

• Originally posted by Straightener View Post
                      I disagree

Usyk is class don’t get me wrong but he takes shots in every fight I’ve seen him in

If one of the heavys land on him he’s gonna be squiffy real quick
                      Exactly. For instance, Ortiz is a known counterpuncher but Wilder played the role of counterpuncher to take Ortiz out of his game. Wilder can implement multiple game plans to wreck Usyk. Don't see him lasting more than 6 against Wilder. All that cute movement won't do jack. From all I have seen so far, Usyk is not faster than AJ or Wilder.

What he is great at are the angles he creates but in terms of speed - nothing he has shown to date proves that he is fast. Once he gets wrecked at the heavyweight - then all this hype will go down. He is great but unfortunately might be too small for the heavyweights who are really good at what they do.

Comment

Working...
                      X