Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Cautions That Joshua-Wilder Has 2-3 Weeks To Get Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BreakingBox View Post
    I can’t believe that you could honestly think that Wilder would make less money with his offer vs Hearns offer. Haymon could possibly lose money, but Wilder would never agree to sending out an offer where he would be guaranteed less money than Hearns guaranteed 12.5 million. You think that Wilders team is a bunch of morons. You highly underestimate the intelligence of Wilders team. It’s advised by Al Haymon, which is a Harvard graduate. We only see what they want us to see. The majority of these negotiations are behind closed doors. So, unless you are a part of the negotiations, or have inside information, then all you have is an opinion.
    Wilder's team are not morons. But many of his fans are, and his team are taking advantage of that by coming out with bullshit which more intelligent fans just laugh at.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      For $50m guaranteed, with the fight held under the world's best boxing commission (NSAC), for a fight that you're likely favored in (even if it's only 55/45), and a fight that could basically double your earning power overnight?

Yes, I'd say take the fight.

Whatever hangups one has about the fight, the alternative here is likely having to fly to Russia and fight Alexander Povetkin in Moscow for $25m-$30m (£18m-£22m); WoB have been talking nice about not caring where the fight is actually held, but negotiations will likely magically get bogged down, the purse bid will come up, and Povetkin's promoter will be happy to lose however much money is necessary to have the fight at home.

The WBC's Clean Boxing Program was literally the only thing that stopped Wilder from flying into Russia and fighting a guy on PEDs; Joshua would have no fail safe.
      One thing I can tell you for sure ... if AJ vs Povetkin goes to a purse bid, the Russians are going to have to come up with a hell of a lot more than the $7million that beat broke Al, if they want to take the fight off Hearn.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        And no-one refuses to meet with the other side to discuss the offer either - unless they are trying to make sure the fight doesn't get made.
        That's a weak-azz slant in this digital age. This fight could get made without them ever being in the same room. Again, there was no "refusal". The conditions were set [agree to the financials and then lets sit down]. It's a common practice in boxing. It's not Team Wilder's job to make decisions that affect only Matchroom and Joshua easy. Its not Team Wilder's responsibility to keep Hearn from looking like a "schmuck" in the eye of public opinion (which is the reason he won't agree to the financial terms without details - his reasoning, not mine.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Wilder's team are not morons. But many of his fans are, and his team are taking advantage of that by coming out with bullshit which more intelligent fans just laugh at.
          I think your biggest problem is that you think you're more intelligent than most other posters. Yet your posts often lack in depth thought and critical thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            I think your biggest problem is that you think you're more intelligent than most other posters. Yet your posts often lack in depth thought and critical thinking.
            "I think your biggest problem is that you think you're more intelligent than most other posters. Yet your posts often lack in depth thought and critical thinking. "

For real? lol

You like most Wilder fans on here sound like you never made it past the 6th grade ( no offence )!

Critical thinking ? Ha .
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-02-2018, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              "I think your biggest problem is that you think you're more intelligent than most other posters. Yet your posts often lack in depth thought and critical thinking. "

For real? lol

You like most Wilder fans on here sound like you never made it past the 6th grade ( no offence )!

Critical thinking ? Ha .
              Lots of irony here.

Comment

Yea thats how business works !

You CANT make a fight without verbal interaction with paper work needed to go over !
                I forgot they don’t have fax or email in England.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  Why are you fckers so scared to meet and make the fight!!!

Jesus Christ what a bunch of *****s Americans are when it comes to stepping up

Fckn cowards Lol

Literialy like teenage girls whining and making excuses

Meet face to face, the man will even come to your backyard to meet you and get the fight made

Find those balls that you all have lost since the day you were born

Comment

For real? lol

Critical thinking ? Ha .
                    If you throw a rock into a pack of wild dogs, the one you hit will always holler.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                      A lot of these guys are going to stick to there previous arguments (Hearn talking points) in spite of the fact that Hearn has come out and said that he doesn't want to agree to the financials and then negotiate further because if they back out because of some reason like location or sponsors he believes he and Joshua will look like "schmucks".

They are more focused on feeding what they want to believe (Wilder is ducking) than understanding what's really going on and seeing the posturing BOTH sides are doing to either push the fight off to marinate it or build interest for a fight this fall.

Comment

Working...
                      X