Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Cautions That Joshua-Wilder Has 2-3 Weeks To Get Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
    Would you if AJ was your client and you was luckily enough to be accepted by all subjects concerned with the fight ,as the A side?

We have come a long way us AJ fans. We all used to behave like this

https://youtu.be/LIYQuU7jJEo

Admittedly some of us still do but take the video on board next time you argue with a die hard AJ fan. I am a fully recovered patient so I can think objectively now.......
    For $50m guaranteed, with the fight held under the world's best boxing commission (NSAC), for a fight that you're likely favored in (even if it's only 55/45), and a fight that could basically double your earning power overnight?

Yes, I'd say take the fight.

Whatever hangups one has about the fight, the alternative here is likely having to fly to Russia and fight Alexander Povetkin in Moscow for $25m-$30m (£18m-£22m); WoB have been talking nice about not caring where the fight is actually held, but negotiations will likely magically get bogged down, the purse bid will come up, and Povetkin's promoter will be happy to lose however much money is necessary to have the fight at home.

The WBC's Clean Boxing Program was literally the only thing that stopped Wilder from flying into Russia and fighting a guy on PEDs; Joshua would have no fail safe.

Comment

Eddies a **** .him and his ****in rematches .Ditch this clown A.J.

If the first fight is a nail biter or controversial enough to warrant one then yes if not Eddie **** right off.

I'm not sure which, Wilders keep everyone guessing clowns or this unhinged off the rails business man are the worst .I do know if it doesn't happen next it may not happen with this intensity again ....one fights one of the scripted idiots next looks bad or gets beat ........mouthwatering prospect diminished ...what a bunch of ****s

Comment

Wilder will not step up until he is 50 cans and 0. Then he will demand 50/50 because of that magnificent achievement lol. He likes being milked for $1.5m every fight instead of the guaranteed $12.5m hearn would give him. What can you do?

Comment

Anyone whom thinks you can fly a random 50 million bid out there to the media, with virtually no contractual details, not even 5 bullet points, is an absolute fool. At that level of sports promotion and business that is not how things are done.

To then cancel a planned meeting, and reject even having one when the other party is in town? What is that about, why on earth run from meeting with the people you are trying to get an agreement with to all make millions off?

There is any number of things that could be contained in a contract with invisible ink (that’s what Hearn affectively has, but of course Finkel and co have put nothing together hence Hearn’s worry it’s not reliable).

Comment

Sounds to me like this fight is getting signed

Haven't been to Vegas since calzaghe vs bhop and I cant see me going again . Atmosphere was pizz poor and the Night clubs were gash too

I'm sure there will be a big uk crew going over though for sure

Comment

What do you know? The 12.5m offer turns out to be nonsense.

Hearn will need to come up with a far better offer if he wants to keep control of the promotion. Only two other options. Haymon/Showtime control the promotion or no fight at all

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                Wait? Did he provide Team Wilder with all that information when he made the offer to them? Everyone knows that there was no way Hearn would let AJ agree to a 50 million offer and letting Team Wilder promote the fight and choose the date and venue.
                Hearn provided a location,a rematch clause which included a reversal of terms should beyonce pull off the impossible and I'm quite sure Hearn would have happily met to answer any more questions instead of claiming that a meeting would be non productive. This whole joke is an attempt to get Hearn to increase his original offer,everyone in the media on both sides of the Atlantic can see straight through it. Shirley and Lou Lou need to smarten up because Wilder needs his payday before it's too late. The WBC can't protect him for much longer, the latest move of making Breazeale mandatory even though he is no2 and white is no1 is not something they can continue to do without destroying completely their already shaky reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                  Anyone whom thinks you can fly a random 50 million bid out there to the media, with virtually no contractual details, not even 5 bullet points, is an absolute fool. At that level of sports promotion and business that is not how things are done.

To then cancel a planned meeting, and reject even having one when the other party is in town? What is that about, why on earth run from meeting with the people you are trying to get an agreement with to all make millions off?

There is any number of things that could be contained in a contract with invisible ink (that’s what Hearn affectively has, but of course Finkel and co have put nothing together hence Hearn’s worry it’s not reliable).
                  This

No idea why beyonce fans can’t see the duck

Comment

Eddie hearn offers no contact but when others do it he doesn't like it. Why don't him and aj just admit they don't want the fight, they're signing povetkin as next opponent

Comment

Originally posted by Gbenopix View Post
                      One of Wilder fans said they don't have to meet to make the fight happen,I swear most of this people are sick in the head
                      Why sit down if there isn't even an agreement on the outlines of the deal? That'd be a waste of time.

No one here is actually involved in the deal, but the outline seems to be $50m or 50% of the take on the fight (whichever is greater), for a fight later this year, with Team Wilder picking the location.

If Joshua/Hearn agree that that is a deal that they want, then the details can get filled in (which dates make sense for Showtime to stage the PPV, what venues line up with the dates that Showtime can offer, how those dates line up with Sky Box Office, what the event sponsors look like, etc).

Dez Bryant, formerly of the Dallas Cowboys, is looking for a particular deal. Every team in the NFL is free to call his representation, but he and his camp aren't sitting down with anyone unless the deal he wants is agreed to. Once the basic deal is done, the details can get worked out (guaranteed money, roster/production bonuses, injury offsets, player/team options, etc).

Eddie Hearn's initial offer to Wilder's camp was for $12.5m. Eddie didn't give any details beyond that, and Wilder's camp didn't ask for any, because it was Eddie's burden to profer that money, and if the signed deal wasn't fulfilled, Team Wilder would be well within their legal right to sue Matchroom Sport for every penny of the money owed to them, regardless of what that meant for Matchroom (no idea what type of money that Matchroom earns every year, but there could basically be a lien against the company's assets/revenues until the money is recouped).

Team Wilder clearly didn't like the offer, so they made a counteroffer; $50m as Joshua's guarantee with upside on the event. If that is an offer that Joshua likes and Hearn agrees to, you fill in the details at a meeting.

Comment

Working...
                      X