Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez Not Viewing Andre Ward's Inactivity as Advantage
Collapse
-
I posted the link to the original article that kafkod was referring to. Never disputed by anyone...not HBO, not Loeffler, not Ward. You're ORIGINAL ARTICLE is a subsequent article that contained false quotes. They were removed. Go to the article now and find the section where GGG says Ward turned down the fight 3 times. Let me know when you find 'em. I'll wait....
To make it easy for you, once again here's the link to the true original article...
By Rick Reeno is a week away from his scheduled return. Ward, who's been out of the ring since November 2013, During Ward's period of inactivity, his name was consistently linked to several potential fights. One of those potential fights would come against WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (33-0, 30KOs). In an interview conducted last year, Golovkin's trainer Abel Sanchez said his boxer was willing to fight any notable name from junior middleweight to super middleweight. In a direct response to that interview, Ward raised his hand and said he was ready to fight Golovkin. At that time, Golovkin's handlers had legitimate concerns because Ward had an ongoing legal battle with his former promoter. That legal issue has long been resolved. During several recent interviews with Golovkin and members of his team, Ward's name has once again been raised for a potential fight. Golovkin's promoter, Tom Loeffler of K2, is receptive to the idea of fighting Ward but believes they need additional time to build it up into a pay-per-view attraction. Ward does not agree with Loeffler's response and views it as another excuse to avoid the fight - noting that Golovkin has attempted to face two different super middleweights, Carl Froch and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., in the last twelve months. Both Chavez and Froch are physically bigger than Ward.
If you'd prefer to read it in Golovkin's native language...
http://allboxing.ru/news/20150615-22...a-soboy-smotri
And here's the article you're mistakenly claiming kafkod is referencing that you claim says "Ward turned the fight down 3 times"...
Gennady Golovkin isn't fussy about who he fights next. He's not bothered about embarking on a weight-loss regime to move down a division or piling on the pounds to move up.He just wants a fight. The Kazakh destroyer hasn't had many recently. Not that he hasn't been in the ring – it's just that Golovkin's [...]Comment
-
And that disproves my point how exactly? Was Ward going to fight GGG at MW? Of course not, he was a SMW at the time just as Tom pointed out. You're trying to imply that Loeffler's tweet is in response to a question like "why are you guys not trying to fight Ward?" You're carpetbombing with a load of crap so far in this thread. Go eat a Snickers and come back later.Comment
-
August 15, 2014 Top Rank files lawsuit against Chavez Jr.
http://www.thesweetscience.com/forum...le-In-Jeopardy
August 19, 2014 is the date Tom sent that tweet.Comment
-
You have no idea what you are posting. The ORIGINAL article is this one, from June 15th
http://allboxing.ru/news/20150615-22...a-soboy-smotri
Which was partly translated by badlefthook a day later:
Gennady wasn’t too happy to hear Ward saying that he’s making excuses to avoid a fight, and Gennady fires back in epic proportion.
In this article GGG never even said Ward turned down the fight THREE times, but he turned down the fight when it was offered to Ward and GGG by HBO. Fact is Ward turned down the GGG fight which was offered to him by HBO at 168. The "three" is just from your strange source which is a lie and which Loeffler stated.
The twitter comment by Tom who says Ward is a Supermiddle was just a general answer, obvious fact to some random guy who said "Ward beats everyone at MW".
You are seriously reaching and get your timeline confused and try to make GGG look bad by posting false info. You are spreading a whole lot of bollocks.
Just stop it.Comment
-
Loeffler is using past tense in that tweet, dummy. When did they negotiate for the Ggg fight, let me know pleaseAugust 15, 2014 Top Rank files lawsuit against Chavez Jr.
http://www.thesweetscience.com/forum...le-In-Jeopardy
August 19, 2014 is the date Tom sent that tweet.Comment
-
Where did Loeffler say Ward rejected a fight with GGG? The only thing I can find is Loeffler saying GGG didn't say Ward ducked him and Loeffler explaining why he turned down the Ward fight.Comment
-
Comment
-
That guy literally invested hours to search some old tweets from Loeffler and tries to mix them around to his fittings, posts some random articles as "original" source to make GGG look bad. That's just disgusting.Comment
Comment