Took me 5 seconds to find. Stop being so lazy/misleading.
Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez Not Viewing Andre Ward's Inactivity as Advantage
-
The tweet by Loeffler you mention about the misquotes from GGG are in reference to an article that followed the original interview GGG gave in Russian where he clearly stated that both parties sat down with HBO, and when asked if they were ready to make the fight, GGG said yes and Ward said no. You either don't know the chronology of the story or you're intentionally omitting the context. Either way you should get your facts straight on the entire thing before commenting. Loeffler, nor anyone else for that matter, has never disputed GGG's statements in his original interview about the meeting with HBO which you can find here....
Took me 5 seconds to find. Stop being so lazy/misleading. -
How do I not know the story when I posted the ORIGINAL ARTICLE boxingscene used to write their article? Why do you keep referencing the article as proof GGG said Ward turned down the fight when Tom himself said GGG didn't say that?The tweet by Loeffler you mention about the misquotes from GGG are in reference to an article that followed the original interview GGG gave in Russian where he clearly stated that both parties sat down with HBO, and when asked if they were ready to make the fight, GGG said yes and Ward said no. You either don't know the chronology of the story or you're intentionally omitting the context. Either way you should get your facts straight on the entire thing before commenting. Loeffler, nor anyone else for that matter, has never disputed GGG's statements in his original interview about the meeting with HBO which you can find here....
By Rick Reeno is a week away from his scheduled return. Ward, who's been out of the ring since November 2013, During Ward's period of inactivity, his name was consistently linked to several potential fights. One of those potential fights would come against WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (33-0, 30KOs). In an interview conducted last year, Golovkin's trainer Abel Sanchez said his boxer was willing to fight any notable name from junior middleweight to super middleweight. In a direct response to that interview, Ward raised his hand and said he was ready to fight Golovkin. At that time, Golovkin's handlers had legitimate concerns because Ward had an ongoing legal battle with his former promoter. That legal issue has long been resolved. During several recent interviews with Golovkin and members of his team, Ward's name has once again been raised for a potential fight. Golovkin's promoter, Tom Loeffler of K2, is receptive to the idea of fighting Ward but believes they need additional time to build it up into a pay-per-view attraction. Ward does not agree with Loeffler's response and views it as another excuse to avoid the fight - noting that Golovkin has attempted to face two different super middleweights, Carl Froch and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., in the last twelve months. Both Chavez and Froch are physically bigger than Ward.
Took me 5 seconds to find. Stop being so lazy/misleading.Comment
-
Tom's tweet was in response to another tweet saying "Ward beats anyone at middleweight bruh" ...nothing in regards to why a GGG/Ward fight wasn't happening. Again you post something completely out of context to fit your agenda. You've no credibility.But when he was active they still didn't want to make the fight because Ward was a SMW. Not because Ward wasn't a draw. Tom said the fight couldn't be made because Ward was one division higher. Later they were willing to make the Froch fight and the Chavez Jr fight one division higher. That's when they started saying the reason the Ward fight couldn't be made is because he's not a draw. Him not being a draw wasn't a reason while he was active.
@Ghostxl @fighthype @gggboxing Ward is supermiddleweight
— Tom Loeffler (@TomLoeffler1) August 16, 2013
Comment
-
The tweet was in response to an article where Tom stated nobody beats GGG at MW and the tweeter was saying Ward could beat GGG at MW and Tom's response was Ward is a SMW. Read everything not just what you want to read.Comment
-
After trying to fight a retired Froch while saying the Ward fight was impossible because he's inactive. They also said They couldn't fight Ward because he was suing his promoter. But at the same time they were trying to fight Chavez Jr while he was being sued by his promoter. And like I posted before, they didn't even want a CW with Chavez Jr.
@hollyhood009 no, Andre is a great fighter, but he is not a PPV fighter like Chavez and is still wrapped up in a lawsuit with his promoter
— Tom Loeffler (@TomLoeffler1) March 28, 2014
And Tom is lying about Chavez Jr being available because this was after TR had filed a lawsuit against Chavez Jr
“@cheeks8888: @DominicVerdin66 yeah, well, Cotto, Froch & Chavez were not available at this time.” Actually all available but avoiding risk
— Tom Loeffler (@TomLoeffler1) August 20, 2014
Comment
-
Ward will beat Barerra, and go on to beat Kovelev in a competitive fight. He would have beaten the dog**** out of GGG. Kovelev is a better fighter than GGG. Kovelev is bigger, stronger, (maybe faster), and has a better resume than GGG. SO, why are people even concerned with a Ward vs. GGG fight when its apparent that its not going to happen; Ward has moved on to bigger and better things (i.e., Kovelev). And before you turds start with the whole "if he actually fights Kovelev", because there is nothing to suggest that Ward ducks hard fights.
Ward is the truth.Comment
-
And Tom is the same guy who had everyone thinking Geale was afraid GGG. Geale took the more profitable fight against Mudine because GGG wasn't a draw. The same excuse Tom likes to use when asked about GGG fighting Lara or Ward. And Geale still ended up fighting GGG.
@Jeet_Vyas_88 @thefightsource @mattmacklin Quillin fighting on undercards and Geale gave up WBA title to avoid @gggboxing #getreal
— Tom Loeffler (@TomLoeffler1) July 25, 2013
Comment
-
Froch wasn't retired then. He was p4p rated, #1 active SMWSo why were they trying to fight a retired Froch?
“@bigfella7777: @TomLoeffler1 @EddieHearn WHENS GGG GOING TO FIGHT SUM 1 WI A PULSE TOM? When U going to ask Eddie to make the Froch fight?
— Tom Loeffler (@TomLoeffler1) August 26, 2014
“@****ingbricktop: @Studhardt22 @AlBernstein @Carl_Froch @EddieHearn listen @TomLoeffler1 int puttin @gggboxing near froch" GGG/Froch In UK👍
— Tom Loeffler (@TomLoeffler1) August 31, 2014
Absolutely, better question is whether Carl Froch or Andy Lee will fight @GGGBoxing in the UK https://t.co/e3rQPVDphv
— Tom Loeffler (@TomLoeffler1) April 26, 2015
New @BoxingNewsED cover featuring @GGGBoxing perfect timing to talk about a fight with @Carl_Froch in UK @EddieHearn pic.twitter.com/q9jptS4U8D
— Tom Loeffler (@TomLoeffler1) May 21, 2015
Comment
-
Comment
-
You might wanna check the dates on those articles, you got the timeline all wrong. Tom in fact reiterated that Ggg accepted when HBO proposed the fight, and Ward passed, per article in Russian. He denied that Ward passed 3x per that UK articleComment
Comment