No announcement yet.

Daniel Jacobs hints at the GGG fight happening in 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...alized--108913

Lol @ all the people in this thread saying there was no chance at this fight being made.

It was Chollo Vista vs the whole forum with the whole forum calling Chollo a dumb ass. Let's just say most motherfcukers in NSB don't know schit

EDIT - OnePunch is a promoter and was in the business, but doesn't know schit about promoting or the business
    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 09-18-2016, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Make it happen, GGG busy this year just beat brook yesterdsy

Comment

• Originally posted by JQside View Post
        Hinting and tweeting doesn't really count these days.

If you want a fight, make it happen. Look at Khan.
        Originally posted by JQside View Post
        Just hinting and tweeting won't do anything without any specific instructions to your management team, which includes a big-shot like Haymon.

These people like Lara and Jacobs need to stop mentioning GG's name. I'm okay with that. What I'm not okay with is telling the world you want the fight, then do nothing but tweet and hint. It's ridiculous.
        Huh? What's the purpose of that? Jacobs blowing smoke?

GG already made an the offer to Saunders. It got turned down.

Where's Jacobs' offer? What is he waiting for? Christmas?

Lara tweets. GG ducking Lara doe.
        Jacobs should take this fight ASAP. It's hard to maintain a winning streak if you got that type of calibre. His next fight may well be a loss and the GG fight is gone forever. Which is likely worth more than fighting a bum next.

What was that??

The offers been made from Team Jacobs. Watch Team GGG find a way to weazle out of the deal and give up their belt then blame it on money despite HBO having an additional 4-5 million available since Canelo got hurt

Comment

• Jacobs is about to bust GGG's ass March 2017

Comment

• To everyone that said it can't be done

Comment

• Originally posted by !!WAR KOVALEV!! View Post
              Jacobs happy knowing that fight will never happen lol.
              Originally posted by GOT BEEF? View Post
              jacobs is a chinny mess of a fighter. he will step nowhere near golovkin.
              Huh? What's the purpose of that? Jacobs blowing smoke?

GG already made an the offer to Saunders. It got turned down.

Where's Jacobs' offer? What is he waiting for? Christmas?

Lara tweets. GG ducking Lara doe.
              Originally posted by BreWall View Post
              This fight happening doesn't depend on team 3G or fans' expression of support. (Since when did Haymon listened to fans? Probably once every 2 years?) This fight depends on whether Jacobs wants it now or at some point in time. Fans don't even expect him to dive straight to a 3G fight. They expect him to take soft touches first and enjoy his winning streak. No problem. If that's what he wants.
              Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
              Google, "Jacobs wants the best, doesn’t mention Golovkin".

Yeah, okay. Right now GGG is targeting the belts, or possibly a high pay-day. It's obvious his main focus is Canelo, followed by BJS. September is when it will be found out whether or not Canelo is down to fight him or not--- stop making assumptions. If he doesn't fight Canelo, or BJS doesn't say, "Let's fight sometime soon" after September passes, then we can start talking about who his next opponent should be.

Who knows? Canelo can duck him, maybe get stripped (yeah right), and then BJS might say, "let's fight for all of the belts"? Or, neither fights him, and GGG still gets a fight with Andy Lee in? Either way, it's all speculation as is.
              Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
              Oh I don't know. Maybe because they have been busy working Canelo, Johnson, and BJS. If people really want a piece of him, and not just twitter warriors, send the man's team a ****ing offer. Or maybe prior to Quillen, Jacobs openly admitted he was'nt ready for GGG or maybe the money he wants is out of hand for what he brings to the table. So why bother. Again, if Jacobs really wants the fight, he needs to chase it, just like GGG has with Martinez, Cotto, Canelo and BJS.

A guy sitting in a video saying he wants fair money while not making any kind of offer to fight the champ, does'nt sound like a guy interested in making a fight.
              Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
              There is no supposed about it. Anyone worth mentioning in the middleweight division, he has either had a fight with or attempted to, outside of Danny. Who up until recently openly stated he wanted no parts of GGG. He had fights done with Lee and Pirog, but circumstances ****ed those up. He went after Quillen who cried that he wanted ten million. He chased/ is chasing, Martinez, Cotto, BJS and now Canelo. Somehow after all that he is suppose to chase what amounts to nothing more than a contender who has shown no real interest in fighting him. LOL
              Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
              http://www.boxingscene.com/video-ggg...-jacobs--90286

OnePunch deanrw

Loffler on video here saying how Jacobs vs GGG can happen despite Jacobs being with PBC and how there's money in the pot for it.

Am I in the twilight zone here? Why are the majority of folks here acting like this can't happen?
              Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              It has nothing to do with people not wanting it and everything to do with the current climate. GGG cannot even get people who have no network or political barriers in the ring with him. Adding more barriers to the mix makes it very hard to feel positive about. All these damn opponents openly stating I need X millions of dollars to fight him is not something to get hopes up over. It is a sign of being not interested plain and simple. Jacobs is not a unification fight, he would be a title defense and that is all. He should have stated after beating Quillin that he wanted GGG next. Challengers demanding big money is not how this is supposed to work.
              Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              Since I have seen absolutely nothing to indicate to me that things have changed, I have to assume that there is no way that Haymon would allow one of his top guys to go fight on a rival network (in a fight he likely loses), even if HBO said ok. I think it simply goes against the whole PBC strategy, and there is no valid reason that could possibly incentivize Haymon to do it.

I'd love for it to happen, as its a great fight, I just find it doubtful......

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                okay lol, you know what shit talking is right? you dudes take this **** to heart and bookmark threads and post for years fucking nerds.

Comment

• Comment

• A full year later... you can finally claim victory. Although, the fight ISN'T happening in 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Jacobs is just talking, he doesn't have the courage to step in the ring with GGG.
                      which makes it a non-starter, since that would push it to ppv, and even then I doubt it works because it would probably have to crack 400k buys to generate that kind of money.

But this cant be. Big Dunn assured us that over-inflated purses such as Jacobs making $1.5 for Quillin have no negative impact on the ability to make other fights. Big Dunn assured us..........
                      Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      $3-5mill for Jacobs is insane. Haymon/Showtime invested alot into promoting the Jacobs/Quillin fight and it more less bombed. The tv numbers were abysmal with under 400k and the attendance was disappointing for 2 NY guys to do 8,442 (compare that to a summer fight with Golovkin/Geale at 8,572).

Without Haymon over-inflating fighter pay, the $1.5mill Danny got to fight Quillin is what he would've expected to fight a big name on ppv in the past.

Sergio Martinez only made a little over $1.5mill vs Cotto & Chavez on ppv! Lara made $1mill to fight Alvarez on ppv.
                      Who doesnt admit that? GGG gets good ratings on HBO and can sell out an arena on either coast, but he is NOT a ppv draw on his own. Do I need to repeat that, or do you understand?

Which is exactly why I'm saying the Jacobs request is a non-starter. The fight would have to go to PPV to satisfy Jacobs side by itself, and neither Jacobs nor GGG are big enough on the ppv side to generate enough buys to make the fight happen.

Why is that so hard to understand?
                      no, thats only $5 mil after the cable distributors take their cut. Quit trying to magically make money appear out of thin air.
                      It doesnt. But you're talking to a brick wall, and expecting it to have the power of reason.
                      Originally posted by !!WAR KOVALEV!! View Post
                      Jacobs happy knowing that fight will never happen lol.
                      Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                      It's like talking to a wall.

Jacobs holds the inferior version of the WBA belt that Golovkin already has. So again for the 4th time, NO, he does not bring any belts to the table.

Again, for the 5th time, TJ is IBF mandatory. If he doesn't fight him or has a unification fight, he can get stripped of the belt.
                      BJS is a better opponent than Jacobs in every single regard. He's undefeated (unlike Jacobs, who got shifted into oblivion by Dima). BJS' best win is same as Jacobs' best win, since Lee and Quillin drew. And he brings the opportunity to unify.

And lastly, for the 78th time, I already explained that a misspelled tweet is NOT a fact and neither 6m for BJS nor Jacobs make sense. Literally every single person in this thread has said exactly the same thing. If someone is willing to pay 6m to BJS, it doesn't mean they would pay for Jacobs.

GGG/BJS is a ~3m/2m fight. GGG/DJ is a 1.5m/1m fight.
                      Since I have seen absolutely nothing to indicate to me that things have changed, I have to assume that there is no way that Haymon would allow one of his top guys to go fight on a rival network (in a fight he likely loses), even if HBO said ok. I think it simply goes against the whole PBC strategy, and there is no valid reason that could possibly incentivize Haymon to do it.

I'd love for it to happen, as its a great fight, I just find it doubtful......
                      we are both making hypothetical arguments. You just happen to take the position that no matter what, its always K2's fault, and that because nobody has PERSONALLY informed you about something, then it must be a duck by K2 / GGG.

But humor me for a second, and answer this:

If you are Al Haymon, why on earth would you allow one of your top guys to go fight Godzilla on a rival network, a network that you actively compete against? On what planet does that make any sense?
                      who is asking him to "give up his negotiating position? All Im asking is for him to actually negotiate, which typically he elects NOT to do.

My guess is he wont agree to a deal, he sends it to purse bid on the off chance that K2 vacates and he can do Wade vs Ndam for the vacant title, and should K2 win the bid its 50-50 if Haymon would actually go through with the fight or withdraw claiming Wade is "not ready"

Heres a chance for Haymon to prove me wrong.
                      Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                      -Mr Jacobs, how much would it take for you to fight GGG?

Originally posted by cork View Post
                      How is this even discuss? Have you guys not see the jacobs interview about him talking about fighting GGG? He said something like he's not someone I fear or want to avoid but talk about getting compensated correctly. Doesn't sound like hes confident at all fighting GGG or planning to make it happens soon. Exactly like BJS...

And to think OnePunch is a supposed promoter?

Great work in this thread big dunn

Comment

Working...
                      X