No announcement yet.

Daniel Jacobs hints at the GGG fight happening in 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    At that time Ward wasn't interested in it. Fast forward in time when Ward offered to fight Golovkin
    And what do you mean "fast forward in time"??

You're doing a lot of fast forwarding don't you think? Slow your role for a sec. Your conveniently jumping over a lot of smart business decisions made by Team GGG. Which is the whole point so far.

Why do you give passes for GGG and Pac to make smart business decisions but no one else is allowed to do the same?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      And what do you mean "fast forward in time"??
      Seriously I even have to explain this to you? Apparently you were living under a rock. Andre Ward was out of boxing for some time, with his several court cases with his promoter. He wasn't fighting anyone, the only fighting he did during that time was in the court room. During that time there were obviously no negotiations with K2 and Ward, hence "fast forward" to when he signed with Roc Nation and returned to boxing. When Roc Nation contacted K2 about a potential fight, K2 was already signing a deal with Lemeuix for his IBF title and having the expectations of getting the Canelo/Cotto winner some time after, being that GGG was the WBC mandatory. Those two times were the only two times Ward and Golovkin ever had any sort of negotiations. Both camps have had plenty to say to the media, bickering back and forth, but as far as business goes only twice did the two sides actually come together.

It's very simple man - when Golovkin was struggling to get significant fights at middleweight, i.e unification fights, they flirted with the idea of fighting at 168 - Chavez obviously, since at that time it would have been a big PPV, Froch was another, Kessler was brought up briefly. None materialized obviously. Later when Golovkin finally got a unification fight and was mandatory to the WBC, you didn't see them talking about 168 anymore since they were getting close to making Gennadys goal of unifying all the belts a reality and a massive fight with Canelo. You follow along or is that too complicated?

Regardless of everything I just typed, super middleweight Andre Ward and middleweight Golovkin have literally fuck all to do with Danny Jacobs. You call it a business decision for Jacobs not wanting to fight Golovkin while almost everyone else calls it what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        S Both camps have had plenty to say to the media, bickering back and forth, but as far as business goes only twice did the two sides actually come together. .
        Wait, but aren't you supposed to be providing a source from before June 2013 when Ward turned down a deal from HBO/K2?

BTW, most negotiations happen via the media. If Tom Loeffler sat up there and told you June 2013 that they wanted no part of Andre Ward for "Bizness" reasons, why can't you understand that?

Why can't you understand that Andre Ward wasn't the only time they've tried to make smart business decisions?

When Lara offers to come up to 160, it's not about the best vs the best, it's all of a sudden about $$$.

I'm going to say this again and hopefully it makes it through to whatever iota of brain cells you have left.

Daniel Jacobs is trying to negotiate the best financial deal against GGG that he can. He doesn't want to fight Mora, he wants to fight BJS to help sell the GGG fight.

If GGG said he wants Lara to fight Jacobs or BJS before fighting him to help sell the fight, you'd be back to your cuckhold self.

It's all a game. I obviously want to see GGG vs Jacobs just like anyone else. But what I won't allow is for cuckholds like yourself to sit on this board and dictate who's allowed to make "smart business" moves and who's not.

Comment

• I'm still confused about this thread. Jacobs already changed tune and said he may pursue the fight after 1.5 years. He changed tune again when the Eubank fight was already made. And he's fighting Mora. What else is there to discuss?

Comment

• Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            No way loeffer let's gg fight jacobs. He will come up with a million excuses. Like the purses, venue,network etc etc.
            Loeffer is a conniving snake

Also I think jacobs is full of shtt because the fight won't happen unless both take a paycut
            prob cause it has to be on hbo which kills so many fights these exclusive hbo deals when they have a limited budget

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
              Do you think it was really Ward that ducked GGG?
              We know so, what kind of man wastes a full year on tune-ups to actually fight someone good?
              Ward's entire comeback has essentially been wallowing in self-pity and playing the victim card the race card you name it the guy is an absolute crook he was found out in the court of law when Dan Goossen schooled his name every time and he has been found out to be a liar and a self-entitled asswipe.
              This is what happens, this is what you create when you give someone the silver spoon treatment his entire career, Ward has had everything his own way and now that he's not getting it that way he's turning into a big pouting cry baby.

Comment

• Only certain fighters are allowed to have business acumen. Everyone else is ducking

Comment

• @1:20 Freddy says Jacobs vs GGG is a real fight and he likes Jacobs chances

Now all they have to do is pay the man

Comment

• Jacobs is going to beat the schit out this boy

You guys mark my words

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X