No announcement yet.

Daniel Jacobs hints at the GGG fight happening in 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    Loeffler says it can happen and that there's money for it. Jacobs has said repeatedly he wants fair compensation. How much that is? I don't know, the respective party's have to come to the table and you know negotiate.

GGG already fulfilled his minimum fight obligation with HBO so if we want to get technical, HBO being an excuse as a road block, shouldn't be one.

There are so many factors pointing to why this fight could and should happen for me to hear so many posters pessimistic view points on why it can't. Which leads me to believe deep down, many of his fans don't want it for some reason.
    I'm pessimistic cos it's unlikely to happen not because I don't want to see it. Why would anyone not want to see GGG - Jacobs?

Comment

• Ring has an article up saying Jacobs won't return to the ring until May, and that it'll be a stay busy fight and not even a Quillin rematch, and that he wants BJS towards the end of the year. That is very disappointing to hear.

http://r ingtv.craveonline.com/news/408959-no-jacobs-quillin-rematch-as-jacobs-is-big-game-hunting-for-saunders#.VqcQ8ivFirk.twitter

For one, how can you sit out that long, you totally lose all your momentum after a big KO victory. And then a stay busy fight? WTF is going on with how some of these fighters are being developed?

Jacob's adviser doesn't mention Golovkin at all, even though Danny is a mandatory for GGG and the WBA is supposed to announce that timeline tomorrow. Furthermore, Danny can't fight BJS for the WBO title w/o vacating his version of the WBA title b/c the WBO doesn't recognize that version.

Also confusing is Danny's adviser says they'd fight Quillin again in a heartbeat, but Haymon or Quillin don't want to, when Espinoza said Quillin wants it. They might be holding Quillin back for health reasons?

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        I agree with you in theory, but in order to understand why certain fights are made or not made, it is helpful to have a thorough understanding of how the industry operates, right or wrong. That way you arent yelling "duck!" every time a fight you might want to watch doesnt get made.......
        So your theory is it's not Loeffler, but Haymon, correct?

If that's the case, why not put Haymon on blast after it's confirmed?
        Last edited by Chollo Vista; 01-26-2016, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          Ring has an article up saying Jacobs won't return to the ring until May, and that it'll be a stay busy fight and not even a Quillin rematch, and that he wants BJS towards the end of the year. That is very disappointing to hear.

http://r ingtv.craveonline.com/news/408959-no-jacobs-quillin-rematch-as-jacobs-is-big-game-hunting-for-saunders#.VqcQ8ivFirk.twitter

For one, how can you sit out that long, you totally lose all your momentum after a big KO victory. And then a stay busy fight? WTF is going on with how some of these fighters are being developed?

Jacob's adviser doesn't mention Golovkin at all, even though Danny is a mandatory for GGG and the WBA is supposed to announce that timeline tomorrow. Furthermore, Danny can't fight BJS for the WBO title w/o vacating his version of the WBA title b/c the WBO doesn't recognize that version.

Also confusing is Danny's adviser says they'd fight Quillin again in a heartbeat, but Haymon or Quillin don't want to, when Espinoza said Quillin wants it. They might be holding Quillin back for health reasons?
          Wow, this sht is depressing.

Stay busy fight? If anything, he can fight Eubanks Jr.

Hopefully the WBA mandates it tomorrow. No more fking around.

Comment

• Just hinting and tweeting won't do anything without any specific instructions to your management team, which includes a big-shot like Haymon.

These people like Lara and Jacobs need to stop mentioning GG's name. I'm okay with that. What I'm not okay with is telling the world you want the fight, then do nothing but tweet and hint. It's ridiculous.

Comment

So your theory is it's not Loeffler, but Haymon, correct?

If that's the case, why not put Haymon on blast after it's confirmed?
              my "theory" is thats its a little bit of both. Haymon is clearly an isolationist, except for a few instances involving mandatories, and Loeffler doesnt seem keen on wasting his time or energy on a fight that is not likely to materialize anyways, just to satisfy a few people on the internet......

Comment

my "theory" is thats its a little bit of both. Haymon is clearly an isolationist, except for a few instances involving mandatories, and Loeffler doesnt seem keen on wasting his time or energy on a fight that is not likely to materialize anyways, just to satisfy a few people on the internet......
                Wade (Haymon fighter) vs GGG was just ordered by the IBF and both sides are negotiating (i.e. Haymon, Loeffler, HBO).

Let's see what happens.

Comment

Wade (Haymon fighter) vs GGG was just ordered by the IBF and both sides are negotiating (i.e. Haymon, Loeffler, HBO).

Let's see what happens.
                  Hopefully Haymon actually negotiates, instead of just sending it to purse bid to try and torpedo it.......

Comment

Hopefully Haymon actually negotiates, instead of just sending it to purse bid to try and torpedo it.......
                    Come on OP, you would never ask anyone else in this situation to give up their negotiating position, especially against an entity that banned them, so why ask Haymon to do the same?

HBO should either support K2 so they can win the purse bid. That way, everyone wins, except the fans that have to watch this.

Comment

Yeah, would've been nice to have these negotiations going for Jacobs vs GGG like I said they could instead of GGG vs Wade.

BTW, in future negotiations with Haymon fighters, does it have to be HBO's way or the highway?

Comment

Working...
                      X