No announcement yet.

Daniel Jacobs hints at the GGG fight happening in 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    This is a good post. If Jacob/GGG can't happen, This appears to be the other option for GGG. Get lowballed or come in at 155.

The last PPV did 150k. If HBO markets it better, uses Danny's history to sell, maybe they double that.

If they do 200k at $49.95 that's $10 mil. Could be possible.
    no, thats only $5 mil after the cable distributors take their cut. Quit trying to magically make money appear out of thin air.

Comment

No way...

Jacobs just using golovkins name to stay relevant just like quillen use to do

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
        Off topic, but really getting on board with J-Rock, love that kid.
        I actually agree with Haymon's nickname for J-Rock, even if he has alot to prove yet.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          no, thats only $5 mil after the cable distributors take their cut. Quit trying to magically make money appear out of thin air.
          the total amount FFS, we all know $5 mil is left. DId I really have to post it?

If they double the sales from Lemuiex (charge $49.95) that would be about $15 mil.

Comment

the total amount FFS, we all know $5 mil is left. DId I really have to post it?

If they double the sales from Lemuiex (charge $49.95) that would be about $15 mil.
            why would you post a number that has no relevance to the discussion? Might as well post $100 million. Has nothing to do with whether or not the fight can be made.

If Jacobs wants $5 million, the fight cannot be made, and is a non-starter.

Comment

why would you post a number that has no relevance to the discussion? Might as well post $100 million. Has nothing to do with whether or not the fight can be made.

If Jacobs wants $5 million, the fight cannot be made, and is a non-starter.
              Dude, we discuss PPV's all the time on NSB. we all know half goes to distributors. FFS!

If I read correctly he wanted $3-5 mil. If they do 300k at $49.95, Jacobs can easily make $3-5 mil.

The problem isn't Jacobs purse request but that GGG's purse is made by putting him in with no hopers that do not command a lot. The 80/20 and 90/10 splits are crazy.

He nor HBO can expect everyone to take less just because they prey on the financially weak and desperate. For a Jacobs fight it might have to be 55/45.

Comment

Dude, we discuss PPV's all the time on NSB. we all know half goes to distributors. FFS!

If I read correctly he wanted $3-5 mil. If they do 300k at $49.95, Jacobs can easily make $3-5 mil.

The problem isn't Jacobs purse request but that GGG's purse is made by putting him in with no hopers that do not command a lot. The 80/20 and 90/10 splits are crazy.

He nor HBO can expect everyone to take less just because they prey on the financially weak and desperate. For a Jacobs fight it might have to be 55/45.

or GGG could just wait for the WBA to order the GGG-Jacobs mando, let it go to bid, and GGG gets 75-25 split his way.

Then of course Jacobs will vacate, and you will probably find a way to claim ggg is ducking him lol

Comment

or GGG could just wait for the WBA to order the GGG-Jacobs mando, let it go to bid, and GGG gets 75-25 split his way.

Then of course Jacobs will vacate, and you will probably find a way to claim ggg is ducking him lol
                  Yes, he could do that, but then if Jacobs vacates GGG would be back to fighting bums.

edit: isn't eubanks or blanco the mando and Jacobs the champ? If so, would a fight be 75/25 split if it wnet to bid?

I've never accused GGG of ducking anyone. I feel HBO protected him because they knew Ward would beat him.
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 12-23-2015, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Yes, he could do that, but then if Jacobs vacates GGG would be back to fighting bums.

edit: isn't eubanks or blanco the mando and Jacobs the champ? If so, would a fight be 75/25 split if it wnet to bid?

I've never accused GGG of ducking anyone. I feel HBO protected him because they knew Ward would beat him.
                    nobody "knows" that anyone beats anyone. And Canelo can make HBO 20 times the money Ward can make them, so if they were going to "protect" anyone it would be Canelo.....

Comment

nobody "knows" that anyone beats anyone. And Canelo can make HBO 20 times the money Ward can make them, so if they were going to "protect" anyone it would be Canelo.....
                      Well, I think HBO execs correctly calculated GGG more than likely loses to Ward so they protected him.

If GGG doesn't get a Canelo fight, you might be correct. Although Nelson brought GGG to HBO so he may not do what Herschman (IMO) did.

Comment

Working...
                      X