Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    http://www.boxingscene.com/video-ggg...-jacobs--90286

OnePunch deanrw

Loffler on video here saying how Jacobs vs GGG can happen despite Jacobs being with PBC and how there's money in the pot for it.

Am I in the twilight zone here? Why are the majority of folks here acting like this can't happen?
    I hope it does happen. I just have my doubts. #1 due to the politics and #2 due to Jacobs possibly not wanting it. Now if the WBA gets involved, and tries to force it, it could happen. Call me a skeptic I guess, so many years of the BS in this sport does not make me an optimist.

I think there is a part of Jacobs who dares to be great. I just think there are a lot of voices in his ear telling him about the upside of staying within the borders of the PBC.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      I hope it does happen. I just have my doubts. #1 due to the politics and #2 due to Jacobs possibly not wanting it. .
      Loeffler says it can happen and that there's money for it. Jacobs has said repeatedly he wants fair compensation. How much that is? I don't know, the respective party's have to come to the table and you know negotiate.

GGG already fulfilled his minimum fight obligation with HBO so if we want to get technical, HBO being an excuse as a road block, shouldn't be one.

There are so many factors pointing to why this fight could and should happen for me to hear so many posters pessimistic view points on why it can't. Which leads me to believe deep down, many of his fans don't want it for some reason.

Comment

Loeffler says it can happen and that there's money for it. Jacobs has said repeatedly he wants fair compensation. How much that is? I don't know, the respective party's have to come to the table and you know negotiate.

GGG already fulfilled his minimum fight obligation with HBO so if we want to get technical, HBO being an excuse as a road block, shouldn't be one.

There are so many factors pointing to why this fight could and should happen for me to hear so many posters pessimistic view points on why it can't. Which leads me to believe deep down, many of his fans don't want it for some reason.
        It has nothing to do with people not wanting it and everything to do with the current climate. GGG cannot even get people who have no network or political barriers in the ring with him. Adding more barriers to the mix makes it very hard to feel positive about. All these damn opponents openly stating I need X millions of dollars to fight him is not something to get hopes up over. It is a sign of being not interested plain and simple. Jacobs is not a unification fight, he would be a title defense and that is all. He should have stated after beating Quillin that he wanted GGG next. Challengers demanding big money is not how this is supposed to work.

Comment

It has nothing to do with people not wanting it and everything to do with the current climate. GGG cannot even get people who have no network or political barriers in the ring with him. Adding more barriers to the mix makes it very hard to feel positive about. All these damn opponents openly stating I need X millions of dollars to fight him is not something to get hopes up over. It is a sign of being not interested plain and simple. Jacobs is not a unification fight, he would be a title defense and that is all. He should have stated after beating Quillin that he wanted GGG next. Challengers demanding big money is not how this is supposed to work.
          Dean, what does anything you posted have to do with Loeffler holding his end of the bargain and attempting to make Jacobs-GGG like he said he would if the other fights fell through like they did?

Again, nothing you posted has zilch to do with Loffler attempting to make JACOBS-GGG happen. ABSOLUTELY nothing.

It's just a bunch of rambling about emotional feelings that have absolutely nothing to do with attempting to negotiate with Team Jacobs like he said he would.

Comment

Jacobs is not a unification fight, he would be a title defense and that is all. Challengers demanding big money is not how this is supposed to work.
            Secondly, what do you think GGG vs Korobov, Lee, Heiland or Soro would be? A title defense.

We don't know how much Jacobs requests or deserves. All we know is DJ asked for fair money. Why is it so hard t negotiate and find out?

What's with all your slippery slope arguments? Why are you so scared of the respective party's at least negotiating?
            Last edited by Chollo Vista; 01-25-2016, 04:20 PM.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/video-ggg...-jacobs--90286

OnePunch deanrw

Loffler on video here saying how Jacobs vs GGG can happen despite Jacobs being with PBC and how there's money in the pot for it.

Am I in the twilight zone here? Why are the majority of folks here acting like this can't happen?
              Since I have seen absolutely nothing to indicate to me that things have changed, I have to assume that there is no way that Haymon would allow one of his top guys to go fight on a rival network (in a fight he likely loses), even if HBO said ok. I think it simply goes against the whole PBC strategy, and there is no valid reason that could possibly incentivize Haymon to do it.

I'd love for it to happen, as its a great fight, I just find it doubtful......
              Last edited by OnePunch; 01-25-2016, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                Since I have seen absolutely nothing to indicate to me that things have changed, I have to assume that there is no way that Haymon would allow one of his top guys to go fight on a rival network (in a fight he likely loses), even if HBO said ok. I think it simply goes against the whole PBS strategy, and there is no valid reason that could possibly incentivize Haymon to do it.

I'd love for it to happen, as its a great fight, I just find it doubtful......
                That's a slippery slope argument man.

Until we actually hear about the attempted negotiation failure(s), it's all slippery slope arguments. And based off the only rhetoric I can find where Loeffler even mentions Jacobs, anything other than Jacobs-GGG next is a blatant duck on behalf of Team Golovkin regardless of people's hypothetical fantasy predictive outcome of Jacobs vs GGG.

To take it a step further, GGG has fought outside of HBO while being signed to HBO (i.e. Adama fight). So who's to say GGG can't do a one fight deal outside HBO on EPIC. It's all negotiable.
                Last edited by Chollo Vista; 01-25-2016, 08:47 PM.

Comment

That's a slippery slope argument man.

Until we actually hear about the attempted negotiation failure(s), it's all slippery slope arguments. And based off the only rhetoric I can find where Loeffler even mentions Jacobs, anything other than Jacobs-GGG next is a blatant duck on behalf of Team Golovkin regardless of people's hypothetical fantasy predictive outcome of Jacobs vs GGG.

To take it a step further, GGG has fought outside of HBO while being signed to HBO (i.e. Adama fight). So who's to say GGG can't do a one fight deal outside HBO on EPIC. It's all negotiable.
                  we are both making hypothetical arguments. You just happen to take the position that no matter what, its always K2's fault, and that because nobody has PERSONALLY informed you about something, then it must be a duck by K2 / GGG.

But humor me for a second, and answer this:

If you are Al Haymon, why on earth would you allow one of your top guys to go fight Godzilla on a rival network, a network that you actively compete against? On what planet does that make any sense?

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    we are both making hypothetical arguments. You just happen to take the position that no matter what, its always K2's fault, and that because nobody has PERSONALLY informed you about something, then it must be a duck by K2 / GGG.

But humor me for a second, and answer this:

If you are Al Haymon, why on earth would you allow one of your top guys to go fight Godzilla on a rival network, a network that you actively compete against? On what planet does that make any sense?
                    We've heard about BJS, Korobov, Johnson and 20 other GGG potential fights via media, why would they all of a sudden be so secretive about Jacobs? Boxing is a public sport so of course promoters/managers don't have to personally notify me of anything. They have public relations departments and conduct recorded interviews in which the information trickles out to the masses like it always does. You know this. They couldn't even keep the Pac-Mayweather negotiations private, but you think it's a possibility that GGG-Jacobs negotiations are private? But I don't want to provide a slippery slope argument so I hope you're right.

Again, who said the fight had to be on HBO?

GGG's minimum 4 fight contractual obligation has been met. Not only that, GGG has fought on a network outside HBO while being signed to HBO before (i.e. Adama).

But let me play devil's advocate and answer your bolded question above. The business man in me can see your point and where you're coming from. GGG is a high risk-low reward so why would Haymon risk it. However, the fight fan in me wants so see how GGG holds up against someone that bring a skill set mixed with power he hasn't seen before.

As a fan, I don't get paid to make business plans for PBC or HBO so my intentions are to demand the best available fights. And hey, if I'm wrong and PBC won't allow Jacobs to fight, I'm sure we'll hear about it after negotiations, no?
                    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 01-25-2016, 09:35 PM.

Comment

We've heard about BJS, Korobov, Johnson and 20 other GGG potential fights via media, why would they all of a sudden be so secretive about Jacobs? Boxing is a public sport so of course promoters/managers don't have to personally notify me of anything. They have public relations departments and conduct recorded interviews in which the information trickles out to the masses like it always does. You know this. They couldn't even keep the Pac-Mayweather negotiations private, but you think it's a possibility that GGG-Jacobs negotiations are private? But I don't want to provide a slippery slope argument so I hope you're right.

Again, who said the fight had to be on HBO?

GGG's minimum 4 fight contractual obligation has been met. Not only that, GGG has fought on a network outside HBO while being signed to HBO before (i.e. Adama).

But let me play devil's advocate and answer your bolded question above. The business man in me can see your point and where you're coming from. GGG is a high risk-low reward so why would Haymon risk it. However, the fight fan in me wants so see how GGG holds up against someone that bring a skill set mixed with power he hasn't seen before.

As a fan, I don't get paid to make business plans for PBC or HBO so my intentions are to demand the best available fights. And hey, if I'm wrong and PBC won't allow Jacobs to fight, I'm sure we'll hear about it after negotiations, no?

I agree with you in theory, but in order to understand why certain fights are made or not made, it is helpful to have a thorough understanding of how the industry operates, right or wrong. That way you arent yelling "duck!" every time a fight you might want to watch doesnt get made.......

Comment

Working...
                      X