No announcement yet.

Daniel Jacobs hints at the GGG fight happening in 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
    Google, "Jacobs wants the best, doesn’t mention Golovkin".

Yeah, okay. Right now GGG is targeting the belts, or possibly a high pay-day. It's obvious his main focus is Canelo, followed by BJS. September is when it will be found out whether or not Canelo is down to fight him or not--- stop making assumptions. If he doesn't fight Canelo, or BJS doesn't say, "Let's fight sometime soon" after September passes, then we can start talking about who his next opponent should be.

Who knows? Canelo can duck him, maybe get stripped (yeah right), and then BJS might say, "let's fight for all of the belts"? Or, neither fights him, and GGG still gets a fight with Andy Lee in? Either way, it's all speculation as is.
    This is the full interview

Jacobs just wants fair money.

Secondly there's no "speculating" about BJS refusing to fight GGG and Canelo's stance on 155 lb weight. There's no speculating about it because these are facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      Loefler says he's neutral with PBC/Haymon. I think this is something they should discuss because although I believe Jacobs has the bigger single victory against Quillin, I'm no manager or promoter. But the fact that they know that BJS won't fight them and Canelo has weight issues yet haven't said one peep about Jacobs after his destruction of Quillin puzzles me.

Regarding the viewer numbers for Quillin-Jacobs, I don't think anyone could correctly gauge those numbers because the fight ended after 83 seconds not giving enough time to give an accurate count for potential viewers. I'd say at least 2-3 rounds to be able to gauge accurate numbers.

Secondly, can you link me to accurate attendance numbers for Jacobs/Quillin and Lemieux/GGG? I can't find anything for Jacobs/Quillin.
      Not sure why you bolded that, then didn't even attempt to dispute it. I mean, its not even close on the drawing power, divisional creds, p4p rating etc

Couldn't find the Quillin numbers just now, but no surprise, poor tickets sales are often not reported. Here's anecdotal

http://www.*************.com/headlines/pbc-on-espn-results-garcia-and-jacobs-win-by-stoppage-but-not-without-controversy/

"The upper bowl of the arena was closed off and the fans in attendance were packed into the lower section of the Barclays Center, but most did not arrive until the 9pm start of the televised bouts, and even then there was a lot of empty seats in the arena."

Comment

This is the full interview

Jacobs just wants fair money.

Secondly there's no "speculating" about BJS refusing to fight GGG and Canelo's stance on 155 lb weight. There's no speculating about it because these are facts.
        Jacobs wants too much money, and he has no leverage. Best case scenario, assuming GGG does'nt try to stick it to him, is a 60/40 split. Anyways, if Danny is serious about fighting GGG. Why not make an offer? GGG is'nt the one that needs to initiate everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
          Jacobs wants too much money, and he has no leverage. Best case scenario, assuming GGG does'nt try to stick it to him, is a 60/40 split. Anyways, if Danny is serious about fighting GGG. Why not make an offer? GGG is'nt the one that needs to initiate everything.
          Because the consensus around here is "everybody's ducking GGG".

Since when do fighters have to hunt down the one supposedly being ducked?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Not sure why you bolded that, then didn't even attempt to dispute it. I mean, its not even close on the drawing power, divisional creds, p4p rating etc

Couldn't find the Quillin numbers just now, but no surprise, poor tickets sales are often not reported. Here's anecdotal

http://www.*************.com/headlin...t-controversy/

"The upper bowl of the arena was closed off and the fans in attendance were packed into the lower section of the Barclays Center, but most did not arrive until the 9pm start of the televised bouts, and even then there was a lot of empty seats in the arena."
            My dispute was that me talking business with you on here is pointless when Loefler himself stated that he's neutral with PBC/Haymon and is capable of conducting negotiations with them and HBO.

As you stated, the link you posted was for Jacobs vs Mora. That isn't any real indicator on how much $$ Jacobs deserves against Golovkin.

But yes, GGG has more depth in resume, but Jacobs has the better singular victory. Again, if everyone is ducking GGG, at some point he's going to have to compromise on his financial/negotiating stance or his fans will have to accept Johnson and Omar Chavez for 2016. Which from the looks of it, many fans on here are content with.

Comment

To be fair, Jacobs was actually beating Pirog and had lost his grandmother a few days before the fight.

As insane as the Mora knockdown was, it was a flash knockdown. And of course, if GGG catches Jacobs like that, it's game over.

The problem is, what if Jacobs catches GGG? We haven't seen GGG hit with someone who posesses the power and speed of Jacobs who is also capable of outboxing GGG if GGG decides to box and not rush in.
              Pirog looked a class above Jacobs in their fight. He took Jacobs punches like they were nothing and you could see, it was only a matter of time before Jacobs got KTFO.

GGG would be a huge favourite to beat Daniel, and rightly so. He has more skill, more power, and has a much better chin.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                Yep. Lara and Jacobs got this huge PBC/Haymon promotional machinery behind them. No reason why they can't make their own individual offers. That's assuming they really want the fight. It appears they don't. In life if you want something you do something about it. Not just tweet.

These 3G-hating clowns are mistaking 3G for Pacquiao or Mayweather. Hehe... 3G's not even at Cotto's A-side level doe.

Comment

Because the consensus around here is "everybody's ducking GGG".

Since when do fighters have to hunt down the one supposedly being ducked?

Oh I don't know. Maybe because they have been busy working Canelo, Johnson, and BJS. If people really want a piece of him, and not just twitter warriors, send the man's team a ****ing offer. Or maybe prior to Quillen, Jacobs openly admitted he was'nt ready for GGG or maybe the money he wants is out of hand for what he brings to the table. So why bother. Again, if Jacobs really wants the fight, he needs to chase it, just like GGG has with Martinez, Cotto, Canelo and BJS.

A guy sitting in a video saying he wants fair money while not making any kind of offer to fight the champ, does'nt sound like a guy interested in making a fight.

Comment

My dispute was that me talking business with you on here is pointless when Loefler himself stated that he's neutral with PBC/Haymon and is capable of conducting negotiations with them and HBO.

As you stated, the link you posted was for Jacobs vs Mora. That isn't any real indicator on how much $$ Jacobs deserves against Golovkin.

But yes, GGG has more depth in resume, but Jacobs has the better singular victory. Again, if everyone is ducking GGG, at some point he's going to have to compromise on his financial/negotiating stance or his fans will have to accept Johnson and Omar Chavez for 2016. Which from the looks of it, many fans on here are content with.
                    You are saying that KO'ing Quillin is a better win than than any of GGG's?

Man, that is just laughable.

If you were talking about Jacobs beating cancer I could go along with that.

But Quillin? GTFOH!

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      Pirog looked a class above Jacobs in their fight. He took Jacobs punches like they were nothing and you could see, it was only a matter of time before Jacobs got KTFO.

GGG would be a huge favourite to beat Daniel, and rightly so. He has more skill, more power, and has a much better chin.
                      Do you see me comparing how well Jacobs will fair against Golovkin based on GGG's fight with Kasim Ouma 5 years ago? No, so why are you using that asinine logic?

GGG looked horrible against a shot Ouma, but that nor does Jacobs loss to Pirog have anything to do with the potential outcome of a fight in 2016 between two said opponents.

Comment

Working...
                      X