Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daniel Jacobs hints at the GGG fight happening in 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korobov schooled Jacobs in amateurs, GGG outclassed Korobov in amateurs...

There is no way Jacobs beat GGG until it's lucky punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
      Korobov schooled Jacobs in amateurs, GGG outclassed Korobov in amateurs...

there is no such thing

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
        Korobov schooled Jacobs in amateurs, GGG outclassed Korobov in amateurs...

okay so that's how it works?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Come on OP, you would never ask anyone else in this situation to give up their negotiating position, especially against an entity that banned them, so why ask Haymon to do the same?

HBO should either support K2 so they can win the purse bid. That way, everyone wins, except the fans that have to watch this.
          Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          who is asking him to "give up his negotiating position? All Im asking is for him to actually negotiate, which typically he elects NOT to do.

My guess is he wont agree to a deal, he sends it to purse bid on the off chance that K2
          vacates and he can do Wade vs Ndam for the vacant title, and should K2 win the bid its 50-50 if Haymon would actually go through with the fight or withdraw claiming Wade is "not ready"

Heres a chance for Haymon to prove me wrong.
          The IBF's rule on purse bids is that the champion gets a 75-25 split in their favor. What does that mean? It means it's in Haymon's best interest to negotiate.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            Hopefully Haymon actually negotiates, instead of just sending it to purse bid to try and torpedo it.......
            Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
            Yeah, would've been nice to have these negotiations going for Jacobs vs GGG like I said they could instead of GGG vs Wade.

BTW, in future negotiations with Haymon fighters, does it have to be HBO's way or the highway?

http://www.boxingscene.com/stevenson...-fight--100807

So I'll ask the question again. In future negotiations, when you have Showtime and Haymon approving their fighter to go to HBO, but the promoter with HBO backs out who's to blame? Does it have to be HBO's way or the highway?

Let's blame Haymon and PBC though.

Comment

• Still waiting for the WBA....

Meanwhile Harold Lederman says Jacobs is ducking GGG.

Comment

• It would be a pretty good fight if Jacobs could avoid getting caught with something big early. Many forget Jacobs at a time was being groomed to be the "Next" big thing in boxing.

www.frontproofmedia.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  Still waiting for the WBA....

Meanwhile Harold Lederman says Jacobs is ducking GGG.
                  I'm not sure why the WBA is dragging their feet on this. F the WBC. I can't figure out how the WBA thinks a fight in April will effect a fight in September.

Regarding the Letterman vid, he and I both agree in that we think Jacobs-GGG can and should be made next and that network politics won't play a role. We also agree that Jacobs should receive millions and a fight at Barclay's/MGM would be absolutely HUGE. However, we disagree in the aspect on who should be sending who the contract.

Team GGG just went to England are are thinking about DeGale and Eubanks Jr next. One has to ask themselves, did Team Golovkin propose those names or were they proposed with the names?

I think Team GGG proposed DeGale next just like they should propose Jacobs now. Just like they do everyone else and has done everyone else.

Comment

• -Mr Jacobs, how much would it take for you to fight GGG?

Comment

• This is genuinely comical.

Comment

Working...
                      X