Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

breaking down this heavyweight era and others: Why today stinks!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    As I said my friend I just don't buy that. You're a very astute fan of the sport, you know there are hundreds of examples in every weight class such as I pointed out. There is NO REASON Vits couldn't have fought many of Wlads opponents as he really is nothing more than a contender. The only thing their brotherhood effects as a constant is them fighting each other.

i am shedding light on the reality of the situation, man. their brotherhood does effect their matchmaking.

brother jab, you'd be the first guy and loudest hounding vitali for fighting wladimir's leftovers

history is not going to care if wladimir never fought chris arreola. it would have been nice, but it didn't happen. it's not keeping him or his brother out of the hall of fame.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      i am shedding light on the reality of the situation, man. their brotherhood does effect their matchmaking.

brother jab, you'd be the first guy and loudest hounding vitali for fighting wladimir's leftovers

history is not going to care if wladimir never fought chris arreola. it would have been nice, but it didn't happen. it's not keeping him or his brother out of the hall of fame.

It sounds like you're making excuses for them to be honest my friend. When it comes to boxing they're two separate en******. If a champion beats a fighter a contender can still fight him...that's the way its always been and would have made this era stronger.

Comment

I don't need links, it was my research alone. And anyone can check up on it since I told everyone exactly how I came to each point. If you doubt me feel free to check it out and stop acting feeble minded.
        That's what I'm talking about, you made the whole thing up just to discredit Klitschkos.
        end of thread, another troll owned

Comment

Originally posted by A_Jeffrey View Post
          That's what I'm talking about, you made the whole thing up just to discredit Klitschkos.
          Lmao!!! Everything i posted can be checked. Im sorry it doesnt meet with your agenda, but facts are facts.

Comment

That's my point. A loss never ruined a fighters credibility in this sport if he was still among the best. That is up till the Klitschko era. Maybe they're just money grubbing and know a gullible public will buy into an undefeated fighter even if he's only ever fought stiffs. Or maybe as you pointed out They're cherry picking based on styles.
            And....the proof is in the pudding. Chisora had lost a majority of his fights. but by learning and winning he is close to a title shot. Judah also often seems to get shots after losing fights that everyone thinks are terminal loses.

Real fans seem to get the difference between a loss, a decision based loss, and being outclassed, beat up bad. jeff Lacy was beat up bad and took a career defining loss when he was outclassed by Joe Calzighe. All these heavyweight guys need to fight each other and the champions need to fight them....losses be damned!

Comment

Originally posted by A_Jeffrey View Post
              Dude:

Try graduating night school and you might grow a thumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                The idea that today's heavyweight era is 'weak' is bollocks. Champions don't become champions out of nothing, the title is not handed to them for free. Today's HW division is strong.

I know OP is not comfortable with the fact that the two headed dragon that is the HW champion is from an Eastern European country most Americans couldn't locate on the world map. It buggers him.

Many people also said the HW era was 'weak' when Larry Holmes, Joe Louis, Tyson, or even when Lewis dominated. Louis had his 'bum of the month club', remember? Lennox only became truly acknowledged as an ATG after he knocked out a much faded Tyson.

Point being, every champ Down history fought their share of 'bums'. The Klitschko's being no different. Doesn't mean this era is particularly weak compared to other eras.

The Klitschko's are dominating in their own fashion, just as past greats like Ali, Holmes, Louis, Jack Johnson, Tyson, etc. dominated in their own fashion. Each champion has his own way of dominating his era.

Boxing is never in a weak era. The best are always the best.
                Obviously... this makes sense!

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  Today's era doesn't have much depth. Saying that, the 'contenders' are sitting on the shelf waiting for the champions to retire. Its pathetic, really. They all know Wladimir/Vitali are in a league of their own, so they're preserving their unbeaten records and waiting for a belt to be freed up.
                  JABS list doesn't take this into account.. how many top 10 guys have ducked the brother's just to preserve there ranking.. It took two or three years just to get Haye & Povetkin in the ring & ofcourse Haye chose the inferior brother so Vitali's list looks that much smaller.... 47 fighters have gotten in the ring with Vitali regardless of rank & NEVER has one of them asked for a second helping & meant it.... that's what I look for when ranks & opinion of opposition & where they are positioned are treated as gospel for a fighter's worth.

Vitali Klitschko was the first to STOP 10 DIFFERENT opponents & 7 OF THOSE opponents have NEVER been stopped again.. that's how you gauge worth when there are corrupt governing bodies ranking fighters. A top 50 fighter in one era can be better than a top 20 in another..

It's all boxing politics where fighters are ranked... you got the belt around your waste for over a decade... so what JABS is saying that for 10 freakin' years no one has been able to break through against either Klitschko & it's because everyone else is weak... how about the Klitschkoi's are that strong.. now there's a thought.

Comment

No they're not one entity. And its not that they can't fight each other, they choose not to. And by this they have inadvertently weakened the era. Its not a slight, its just the way it is.
                    They choose not to is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard you say.. they didn't choose to be brother's so yes what one poster said.. sometimes they are put together because both have gotten in each other's ways in terms of faced opposition.. number of ranked top 10's.. belts won & so forth.. all because of the fact they can't fight each other & get rid of the other.. also this will have given them that one alltime great W everyone on here claims they don't have through no fault of there own & ofcourse a severe cut that halted that from occurring.

Both brother's have gotten in the way of each other's legacies & more so Wlad of Vitali as Vitali is clearly the superior brother but has allowed his brother to collect more belts because that's what big brother's do. Haye's beef all along was with the younger brother as that's who Haye stepped to & Vitali could've been selfish & said I'm going to shut his trap but he eventually allowed Wlad to humble him.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBRO View Post
                      Obviously... this makes sense!

This post was already taken apart by myself and others.

Comment

Working...
                      X