Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

breaking down this heavyweight era and others: Why today stinks!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    That was they're ranking at the time of each fight, my rather slow, dull friend.

so? it means nothing at all, what a ****** poster!
    how does any of this prove that one era is better then another?
    lol
    According to your logic Lous' and Tyson's eras are the strongest, when most boxing experts agree that they are the weakest.
    Why would an era be strong if mediocre fighters are ranked in top 10 by ring ****zine and lightweight Sphinks is HW champ. Wouldn't it mean that the era is weak? lol
    Some of the fighter Holmes fought were ranked in top 10 but were awful, for example Snipes. The guy even lost to Norris, who was later KOed by Vitaly's jab in 1st round lol

The only thing this list shows is that Tyson and Luis fought higher ranked contenders then other champs, but not by much. And you can't prove that the fighters they fought are better then modern fighters.

numbers on the list are probably made up. You didn't post any links to support your argument, which does not prove anything anyway.

Where's Lennox on that list? the numbers didn't fit your agenda?
    Where's Marciano? Ali? Foreman? Johnson? Patterson
    you are not a very logical person, just a hater or a troll

Also, before major fights, fighters appear on top of the Ring's ratings all of a sudden, it just shows how corrupt the ring is in the first place.
    There's no way you can legitimately prove that one era is better then another.
    You can only have a subjective opinion.
    Last edited by A_Jeffrey; 12-05-2013, 11:51 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE]
      Originally posted by A_Jeffrey View Post
      so? it means nothing at all, what a ****** poster!
      how does any of this prove that one era is better then another?
      lol
      It proves the champion I listed were more willing to fight better comp and more often.

According to your logic Lous' and Tyson's eras are the strongest, when most boxing experts agree that they are the weakest.
      Why would an era be strong if mediocre fighters are ranked in top 10 by ring ****zine and lightweight Sphinks is HW champ. Wouldn't it mean that the era is weak? lol

Are you really this dense? I clearly stated in my opening post I chose these era's BECAUSE people call them weak.

Some of the fighter Holmes fought were ranked in top 10 but were awful, for example Snipes. The guy even lost to Norris, who was later KOed by Vitaly's jab in 1st round lol
      Do you really want to get in a skills debate about this with me? It takes more than looking at boxrec if you really want to go there.

The only thing this list shows is that Tyson and Luis fought higher ranked contenders then other champs, but not by much. And you can't prove that the fighters they fought are better then modern fighters.
      Again, I have to ask you if you're dense? I clearly addressed this in my opening post. But answer me this smart guy. If Tyson, Holmes and Louis fought in weak era's, yet their comp fought higher ranked comp than todays contenders choose to fight, and they fought higher and more ranked contenders than either Klit, than how does that make todays era better?

numbers on the list are probably made up. You didn't post any links to support your argument, which does not prove anything anyway.
      I don't need links, it was my research alone. And anyone can check up on it since I told everyone exactly how I came to each point. If you doubt me feel free to check it out and stop acting feeble minded.

Where's Lennox on that list? the numbers didn't fit your agenda?
      Where's Marciano? Ali? Foreman? Johnson? Patterson
      you are not a very logical person, just a hater or a troll
      Lmao, do you really want me to make it worse fore the morons claiming this is a good era?
      Also, before major fights, fighters appear on top of the Ring's ratings all of a sudden, it just shows how corrupt the ring is in the first place.
      There's no way you can legitimately prove that one era is better then another.
      You can only have a subjective opinion.
      My God you're right!! What was I thinking by not using the pristine ranking of the WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF, IBO, IBA, WAA, WFF, WBF and the rest of those wonderful uncorruptable orgs?

Comment

Leave Wlad alone Jab, he had a bad showing against Sasha but he was really the highest ranked opponent he had not already faced excluding big bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Leave Wlad alone Jab, he had a bad showing against Sasha but he was really the highest ranked opponent he had not already faced excluding big bro.
          I"m sorry Spray, I been a very bad boy.

Comment

I"m sorry Spray, I been a very bad boy.
            You have been, poor Wlad could beat everyone other than his brother and has but no one cares because its been boring or no one knew who his opponents were but what can he do really?

Comment

Originally posted by Fantastic One View Post
              HW division never died, guys you like just aren't dominating.

It has a lot to do with countries and origins. Most people love to follow their own based on something(flag, race,etc).
              I usually treat people with respect but please do me a favor and stfu.

Im black and my idol in the world of fighting is flexing in my signature; a Chinese man from Hong Kong. Everybody aren't casual fans like you; I like good fighters & good fights. I don't care if they're from Mars.

There is no division to dominate; there's nobody there. Nobody exciting, nobody technically gifted, nobody mentally gifted. There is no HW on the top P4P list there is no highly anticipated potential ppv fights there.

Save that bull**** you kickin

Comment

You have been, poor Wlad could beat everyone other than his brother and has but no one cares because its been boring or no one knew who his opponents were but what can he do really?
                Duh I dunno...he's great...I'm sorry....duh!

Comment

Duh I dunno...he's great...I'm sorry....duh!

He needs to do some sort of freakshow fight because he is just going to keep winning and hugging his opponents tired while mixing jabs until they are soft enough to push over for a TKO, what would you suggest?

Comment

He needs to do some sort of freakshow fight because he is just going to keep winning and hugging his opponents tired while mixing jabs until they are soft enough to push over for a TKO, what would you suggest?

There's really not much he can do. He's a great fighter in a crap era. The best thing he could do is drop the belts and just go after the best fighters. No one is really going to call anyone else champion until Wlad either loses or retires, whether they have a belt or not. That would make a great statement saying he wants his legacy to be remembered fondly instead of for fights like Leapai, Pianeta, Wach, etc.

Comment

A good New Year's resolution would be to get in the ring with Pulev and Stiverne and throw some serious leather. They're expecting jabs, so give them something new. Unload the power shots and sit them down early. As Emanuel Steward said in the Chambers fight, "You don't need another bull**** decision."

Comment

Working...
                      X