No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
    Cotto vs Alvarez would be a great fight imho.
    i think molina vs alvarez should be next l

Comment

• I think the reason this fight was close was Cotto's strength. Everytime Floyd tied him up, he would walk Floyd to the ropes. I think if Cotto was not so strong, Floyd would not have got taken to the ropes so much and it would have been a more dominant performance.
      All in all, I thought the rounds were close, I didn't score it at the time but I would say Cotto won 3 rounds clear, Mayweather won 6 rounds clear and the others were up for grabs.
      Mayweather does not have the accuracy he once had, I noticed this in the Ortiz fight (which I was ringside).
      He is not as calm when he is in the action anymore and this is causing him to close his eyes a bit when getting hit and this is why his counters are missing more.
      Mayweather is way past prime but Cotto looked really strong and fast so it was a great win at 35 as thats the best I've seen Cotto in a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jg77 View Post
        I thought the first few rounds were given to Floyd by default, when they were actually pretty close. Everyone probably just saw the instant replays of Floyd landing shots, but Cotto did his thing too.

this ^^^..................

Comment

• Originally posted by slim kings View Post
          Larry explicitly asked him about the PURSE SPLIT and what does Floyd answer with? The same ol' trusty 'take the test' routine. Its getting really old Floyd.
          i heard that one, too ha ha ha. but based on that ans. he still wants the bigger purse, he just don't want the fans to hear it directly so he eluded it and instead said "if you're the best, take the test" LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
            Cotto can't beat Martinez. Martinez has too much stamina, leg speed and power for Cotto.

Cotto vs Alvarez is the next logical fight imo.
            I don't know about that Martinez looked like **** in his last fight, it took him a while to get into the fight you can't do that with cotto.

Comment

• Floyd Should have goen for the TKO in the 12th.

Comment

• Floyd still dominates pacman easy, i love it that the pacman fans i think pac can win, hopefully they put the put that money where the mouth so i can make me the easiest money ive ever made, lol peo

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  No way in hell he won 5 rounds. 4 rounds if you really really favored him. 3 rounds being neutral. 2 rounds if you were favoring Mayweather.
                  Rounds 2-3 were close and round 5-6-8 were Cotto rounds unlless u are a blind mother****er. The scorecards were bs this was a 116-112 fight at worse. 118-110 scorecards are for beatdowns and Cotto was very much in the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
                    floyd would had put kneeguel down had they been wearing 8 oz....but hey it is what it is kneeguel got his way
                    floyd staggered him a few times but struggled at times on his way to a clear win...

but your an assssshole for calling a warrior kneeguel

what have you ever done?

Comment

• I had it at 8-4 Mayweather. Really good fight!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X