Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought the first few rounds were given to Floyd by default, when they were actually pretty close. Everyone probably just saw the instant replays of Floyd landing shots, but Cotto did his thing too.

Comment

• Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
      Mayweather fought the better DLH and Hatton.

Mayweather fought the worst Cotto of the two.

Pacquiao fought an older and more past it Marquez.

Everything evens out.

Cotto is the only "better win" for Pacquiao of both of their resume. Floyd's wins over DLH and Hatton were more impressive. His sole win against Marquez was more impressive than Pacquiao's 3 tries.
      Would be impressive if he did not weight cheated Marquez.

Comment

• floyd would had put kneeguel down had they been wearing 8 oz....but hey it is what it is kneeguel got his way

Comment

• Originally posted by el malo View Post
          And good job pedro diaz, he did a hell of a job with cotto. he proved he's a good trainer.
          steward is much better he understands a good jab and double jab is

helpful from floyds straight right counter

also WHY DONT THESE FIGHTERS GO TO THE BODY ONLY WHEN FLOYD IS

ON THE DAMN ROPES, YOU CANT HIT HIS HEAD, STAY ON THE BODY

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            Clottey beat Cotto up way worse than floyd did

Floyd got his ass beat and got a gift decision in one of the worse robbery's ever

This is how history ill remember this fight
            You're a f**king dip s**t. Why you're even allowed on here is beyond me. NO ONE NO ONE in their right mind had Cotto winning.

118-110/117-111 Floyd.

Comment

• Nothing for Cotto to be ashamed about, he showed true heart, skills, will, and strength to prove he belongs in the top tier of all boxers.

but Mayweather showed even better intelligence by showing his ability to adapt round by round. finding shot after shot and scoring point after point.

Both fighters remain top tier, and Cotto especially, finding a great fighter-trainer combination with whatshisname and Floyd being the pedigree fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
                I agree, the weight bothered him. He's better at 147, and he overtrained imho. He looked more tired in those mid and late rounds than i have ever seen him. Father time is getting him.
                Yaa I was getting scared for a sec there lol, He's waay better and also much quicker at 47! Floyds not a middleweight and this verified it, people should really appreciate what Floyd brings to the sport though, he only has a few fights left in him at this level, dont get me wrong the Floyd would has smashed Cotto at 147 I told people that floyd was more nervous than I ever seen him at the weigh in an b4 the fight as if he was unsure of himself at this weight an age, he gettin there though...
                Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 05-06-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  118-110 Mayweather.

Really enjoyable fight.

Mayweather dominated on the outside and he fought well on the inside too.

The ref did a great job of letting them fight on the inside.
                  Great points... Weeks did a great job moderating the action.

Comment

• Originally posted by IIG View Post
                    117-111 Floyd. Really enjoyed that!
                    Same....I scored it the same too.

Comment

• Mayweather Jr is getting old. He was good tonight, but Cotto landed some shots that Mayweather would have evaded a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X