No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by raskat View Post
    am I the only one who felt Cotto won this fight and got robbed?
    Probably. He was beaten, though certainly not down-trou'd.

I think both fighters stock went up. For mine Cotto fought a great fight but was simply out classed though not badly...Floyd got hit more than usual but I feel this shows just how good a fighter Cotto is, as well as Floyd being content to fight from the ropes, even so Floyd wasn't hit nearly enough. Even in losing this is the best Cotto I've seen...outside Floyd & Pac, I don't see anyone else troubling him a great deal.

Floyd wasn't bothered by Cotto's power but by his skill in cutting off the ring although it must be noted that Cotto's best rounds were when he was on his toes going backwards & forcing Floyd into coming forward as the aggressor. Floyd got tagged a bit then but this was only in a couple of rounds.

Comment

• cotto got robbed plain and simple....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Went to war?

Floyd won that fight comfortably. Cotto won maybe 2 rounds.
        I thought you weren't going to watch the fight:

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Nah I dont think I'll watch. Miguel's a nice guy. I don't need to see him get ****d again.
        Change your mind?

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
          The scorecards were BS I had it 115-113 for Mayweather and it was a hell of a fight. Cotto proved once again he is not shot and is one of the best fighters in the world. I think he beats Martinez.

Cotto can't beat Martinez. Martinez has too much stamina, leg speed and power for Cotto.

Cotto vs Alvarez is the next logical fight imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
            I agree, the weight bothered him. He's better at 147, and he overtrained imho. He looked more tired in those mid and late rounds than i have ever seen him. Father time is getting him.
            I'd say you get tired when you get hit. Cotto hit the body, arms and head quite hard. Sure, most missed, but getting hit takes some out of you, and usually Floyd doesn't get hit that hard.

Comment

• Great fight, that's what matters to me. Both guy's put in a lot of hard work and made it a real spectacle.

117-111 was my score also, the accurate and effective shots were with Mayweather. He's not a 154lb fighter though, as you could see in the clinches as he was getting backed up. I suppose that makes the win a bit more impressive though.

Great effort from Miguel, he's the best he's been since the first Margarito fight and has plenty of big fights and wins left in him.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Floyd wins a wide UD, 117-111/118-110 and we have people saying he was embarassed, my god what have young boxing fans come to??? He won a comfortable UD, out landed Cotto BIG TIME in the fight, and Cotto won 2-3 rounds. Cotto proves he's not shot or done, what I've been saying for awhile, and Floyd still looked the same skill wise as he did in the Mosley and Ortiz fights.
                Don't know about that, he could do worse than to retire at this point.

Comment

• So what's next for both fighters now? Well apart from jail..

Comment

• Clottey beat Cotto up way worse than floyd did

Floyd got his ass beat and got a gift decision in one of the worse robbery's ever

This is how history ill remember this fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                      Again this was as decisive as Floyd-Oscar but it was just more exciting than Floyd-Oscar.
                      I had Floyd-DLH 7-5 for Floyd, I also have had it 8-4 Floyd.

I had Floyd-Cotto 10-2 for Floyd. But I was more impressed with Floyd against DLH. Despite it being closer.

Comment

Working...
                      X