No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
    100% agree with this. I do think that Floyd could've knocked Cotto out, or at least knocked him down if he wanted to. Floyd was consistently doing damage to Cotto on that last round, but I felt that he held back a bit.
    No, if he wanted to it would have happened, which it didn't.
    12th round showed he could have had Mayweather opened up more, the thing is higher chance he would get hit with a good shot as well.

You rarely see Mayweather trade. He don't need to he's that good with his defense, but enough of this he could have if he wanted to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Main Source View Post
      Why? You know that Pacquiao doesn't want Cotto at 154 or even 147. He made a welterweight go down to 144 - just like he's done with other top-fighters in the past to steal crappy belts. So, do you really want to see this again?
      Of course not. Pacquiao will end Cotto's career if that happened. Let Cotto earn more money against the hype job stars like Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by egodfather View Post
        Here's how I saw it: Cotto outfought Mayweather but Mayweather outboxed Cotto. I had it close and depending on what you look for, the close rounds could've gone either way. I gave Miguel at least 5 rounds. He was caught by Mayweather's effective aggression but at the same time controlled the Ring Generalship. This fight shows you that had Mayweather fought Cotto in 2007-2008, Cotto would've done even better. To all of those people who thought Mayweather would 'Gatti' Cotto, give praise to Cotto's proud performance. Well done Mayweather.
        No way in hell Miguel won 5 rounds. 9-3/10-2, with 9-3 being the most neutral. A wide and comfortable UD, what I thought would happen.

I thought Floyd would go for the KO once he had Miguel hurt in the 12th but he didn't. He should have pressed it and forced the ref stoppage.

Comment

• I thought Cotto did better than expected, but I thought Cotto won no more than 4 rounds. He started gasing out around round 9, just when he had turned the momentum, he just couldn't hold it. He did show a way to be effective against Floyd, namely to put him up against the ropes and unload heavy short combos. Because you're not going to out box floyd. The problem for pacman is he's not big enough to push Floyd into the ropes, I think Floyd is a bad style match up for Pacquiao. But really that's all that's left for Floyd.

Cotto did well, probably helped himself get another big payday.

Comment

• Am glad fans on here are actually paying tribute to both fighters without trolling, It was a good fight, more competitive than I thought, am not going to give Cotto rounds out of pit but I thought he won more rounds than the scorecard suggest.

Comment

• Went to war?

Floyd won that fight comfortably. Cotto won maybe 2 rounds.

Comment

• thats exactly what Floyd needed to bring him back to earth, a bloody asswhoopin! yall noticed how humble he was after the fight.. and even apologized to the commentary. no way in hell he gon dodge Pacqs punches. that bloody smile Floyd gave Cotto made me respect him for real. Cotto said you guys will see the blueprint to beat Mayweather and he delivered. Mosley, Alverez, Quintana, Cotto, and Floyd thank you for a excellent night of boxing. NOW! on another note if Pacq looks out of the ordinary like Floyd did against Miguel. then the is permanently dead! expect a brand new Floyd in 90 days.

Comment

• the whole card overall was trash too

Comment

• Fight was really close if you ignore the replays which 95% of them was Mayweather landing shots, and the commentating. I'll probably rewatch it tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                      I think he could have closed the show in the 12th, but he doesnt take too many risk.
                      you are so right about floyd not taking many risk...
                      just as he wouldnt risk his health against pac

Comment

Working...
                      X