Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now we see the difference of Cotto at 144lbs and Cotto at 154lbs. Selective matchmaking at it's finest. **** Bob Arum, Top Rank, and all of Team Pacquiao.

Man up, and take th ****in' tests already! Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto all did!

Where you at Manny?

Floyd just called you out last night, and you're only going to hide behind your promoter, as usual.

Let's see what you look like with random OST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
      Great fight. Cotto made it competitive and stole more rounds than I thought he would have and was in rounds late when I thought he'd have been completely outclassed. Floyd got humbled. It's that simple. He isn't some mythical boxing unicorn that can cast a magical knockout spell on Cotto.
      Exaclty, they create this illusion floyd is not hittable when infact if you have a great gameplan he is just a mere mortal..

He definitley got humbled down..

Comment

• lol funny how I know whose gonna say what just by their username. Anyway I had it 8-4 for floyd. Good fight though.

Comment

• Mayweather beat cotto! Like I said He Would!

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
            Merchant asks Floyd about the money split with Pac and Floy'd s answer is "Just take the test"??????????? When he knows damn well that Pac agreed to full Olympic style WADA and USADA testing. Talk about avoiding the question. Anyone who thinks Pac would be an easy fight for Mayweather is dumb as a rock. Easy? No way in hell.
            classic floyd dodging.. he knows whats up..

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
              The results tonight just showed why FIGHTS HAVE TO BE FOUGHT IN THE RING. NOT ON PAPER.

What happened tonight bodes well for pac's chances against floyd.

Floyd can be got with the straight left (his weakness) and a well timed right hook to the body. That whole right side is wide open whenever floyd goes to the shoulder roll.

Zab Judah, Demarcus Corley, and now miguel Cotto put hands on floyd using the straight left.

& with floyd's ever increasing propensity to go to the ropes, pac's chances to beat floyd has grown immensely tonight.
              I've been saying this along time ago.. Floyd's achilles are southpaws and straight left if not stiff left jabs..

Comment

• Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
                While i agree that styles make fights, floyd's slow footedness and diminished handspeed have to give him concerns against pacquiao (who is also slower now). Erik morales was befuddled by pacquiao's foot speedce****ially in the third fight. Not sure what mayweather could do about that. Shoulder rolls don't help. Have you ever seen mayweather go straught back like he did multiple times tonight? It was weird. His vaunted defense looked like it had real holes onight. When cotto did the double left hook, to the body and then the head, floyd was too slow on occasion to block or roll the head shot. Very dangerous development against pacqiuao who has substantially faster hands than cotto.
                Pac's speed is a big factor that is why this fight should be made.. but I have a feeling floyd's new excuse fight me @ 154 punk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Story View Post
                  Very, very close fight in my eyes. I thought Floyd was going to steamroll Cotto but I guess I was wrong. Cotto fought well in the inside and took control of the fight at times. They should fight again.
                  Actually cotto does deserve a rematch. It was a close fight, those body punches of cotto must have really hurt Floyd.. tragic is how the commentators were really biased for Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1PrettyB0y1 View Post
                    As A long time mayweather fan ill say a few things... Floyd didnt lose sPeed or a step, cottos Pressure and bullying made it look like that...i dont know why floyd wants to please the blood thirsty boxing fans that never liked him anyway by trading when he can sit back and Outbox these guys easily...and if floyd fights like he did with ortiz cotto and mosley, he will have real problems with manny, and i would pick pacquiao to win right now
                    Floyd didn't choose to slug it out he was forced to fight that fight coz cotto pushed him.. He fought cotto's game plan coz cotto made him do it..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky=Ward View Post
                      Pacman destroys cotto, knocks him out and wins every single round easily
                      Mayweather gets in a much tougher fight than expected, loses 4 rounds and gets a bloody nose. Plus, he got hit with the left over and over again, and whos the best at left hands?

Feel the triangle burn theories floyd fans, because it's exactly what you did with marquez and pac.
                      lol so true.. triangle theory doesn't work..

Comment

Working...
                      X