No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beasty View Post
    Floyd is class he could of easily KO Cotto in the 12th round..
    Woulda, coulda, BUT didn't. He can't. He won't. Same difference for Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
      Again this was as decisive as Floyd-Oscar but it was just more exciting than Floyd-Oscar.
      Not hard to be more exciting than Floyd-Oscar to be honest. Tonight wasn't that great of a fight imo, very slow paced.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoxingMaster View Post
        115-112 was the true score for Floyd... Cotto do a great fight if you see Floyd easy.. Then that weed was good.. Everyone see it close and a war fight..
        Cotto won 2 rounds in my book, 3 rounds tops. And he only won those rounds because Mayweather made it competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
          Also give Floyd props for being a man and apologizing to Merchant. That was ***** **** after the Ortiz fight and he knew it but made it right.
          I also liked the fact that he brought up Pac's name before Merchant had a chance to ask him about it. Maybe he is realizing time is running out to make this fight and will cut the bs roadblocks and make it happen.
          After tonight he will never fight Pacquiao.

Comment

• Just checking through Twitter, FB, etc and it's weird to see how many people are being critical of Floyd. I know he should some vulnerability tonight (and had a couple of weirdly poor rounds at one point) but I always felt he was in control. It's like anything other than a whitewash isn't good enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Pacquiao looks better against all common opponents (bar Marquez)
              Mayweather fought the better DLH and Hatton.

Mayweather fought the worst Cotto of the two.

Pacquiao fought an older and more past it Marquez.

Everything evens out.

Cotto is the only "better win" for Pacquiao of both of their resume. Floyd's wins over DLH and Hatton were more impressive. His sole win against Marquez was more impressive than Pacquiao's 3 tries.

Comment

• Larry explicitly asked him about the PURSE SPLIT and what does Floyd answer with? The same ol' trusty 'take the test' routine. Its getting really old Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by indystress View Post
                  and pac destroyed cotto...and hatton, and delahoya, and mosley...
                  hey, atleast floyd/floyd fans can brag about his fight with marquez, in which floyd ignored the catchweight, paid off the overage weight fee...ignoring to make the catchweight is much worse than pac having cotto lose 1 pound off of his normal 146 official weigh in weight for their 145 catchweight...and needless to say, the sucka punch against ortiz
                  jmm beat pac

Comment

• Floyd is the best man. He just always finds a way to win no matter what. ATG fighter. 10 top working on moving up that list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                      You think this Cotto is better? How much better? Who would favor? You would favor this Cotto over Pac?

I just think it's a style thing more than anything. I think Pac has the style, stance mindset to always dominate Cotto. But, I think Floyd won decisively too. But, i think Pac has an easier time with Cotto than floyd would. However, Floyd would have an easier time with JMM than Pac could ever dream of doing. Just a styles thing. That's all it is. This Cotto is no different. That Cotto would have been the same fight with this Floyd as well.
                      Nailed it bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X