No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaro Knocks Pongsaklek Wonjongkam Out For WBC Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
    Not sure how P4P not mattering to Marquez or Viloria would have been favorite over him relates.

You acting as if people saw Wonjongkam as unbeatable and that's not the case. Yes Marquez was beating by a journeyman, no one is saying Marquez is unbeatable either so your point is irrelevant.

Yes stuff happens in boxing. The biggest cliche in the sport is that anything can happen in any giving night. Not sure how that relates to Wonjongkam being at the tail end of his career.

At the end of the day Wonjonkam being at the tail end of his career with a foot outside the door doesn't take away from this fight being the upset of the year thus far.
    ofcourse it matted...that is why you were wrong for sayin viloria or marquez would be favored to beat a top p4p fighter..

and yes , prior to this loss, wonjongkam was believed to be unbeatable...but realisticly speaking, everyon can be beat..

at the end of the day, this bum beat a top p4p fighter (the best flyweight in a long time) , so no legit excuse can be made here...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      A lot of people seem shocked, to be honest, I'm not at all surprised.

I saw this coming a mile off, I knew he was going to lose sooner or later. He's been on a visible decline for quite a while now.

Not that I thought Jaro would beat him, but, I'm not surprised he lost because I knew it was coming.

He's lucky the fight with Segura was never made.
      I agree 100%.

Comment

83 wins, 78 bums!!

He beat Naito, Miranda, Kameda & Sosa. Naito got a win and a draw against him afterwards and other 3 guys aren't what you call top fighters. I implore you to tell me what other boxer, of any relevance what so ever, has he ever beaten......

Comment

Originally posted by punchville View Post
          ofcourse it matted...that is why you were wrong for sayin viloria or marquez would be favored to beat a top p4p fighter..
          No because one doesn't have to do with the other. You're holding a mythical opinion based ranking to a much too high regard.

and yes , prior to this loss, wonjongkam was believed to be unbeatable...but realisticly speaking, everyon can be beat..
          No he was not seen as anything close to unbeatable going into the fight. Maybe no one thought that Jaro would be the one but no one saw him as unbeatable.

at the end of the day, this bum beat a top p4p fighter (the best flyweight in a long time) , so no legit excuse can be made here...
          No one is making and excuse. Again it has been said repeatedly thus far this is the upset of the year.

The poster below Shadows saw the writing on the wall long before this fight however.

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
          I agree 100%.
          As you can see in his post that is in December of 2010. Look at the date

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=11

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
          I thought he was somewhere in the 6-10 range on both The Ring website and here.

Either way, regardless of what people think of Wonjongkam's record, he was a damn good fighter in his prime. He's very old for a flyweight now, the end could be near for him.
          I don't know why you have the opinion that people saw Wonjongkam in his prime or unbeatable. That wasn't a popular belief at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
            It's easier to do that against complete bums.....

Would u give Donaire a pass for doing the same thing if he fought 4-5 times a year???
            How nice of u to make an appearance..... R u going to answer the ?

I figure u won't but that is the very thing I'm talking about.... Double standard... Pong can do that but no other fighter in the p4p top ten can....

Not that I would want to see it happen but u get my point.....
            Dude, ur a man. Act like it. Stop looking for attention. And as it stands that's nit what donaire does now is it? If he had 70 something fights or the like then yes, it would be totally different than him taking tune ups for one orctwo years before he fights another quality opponent. Pong has fought heavily for a little over a decade. Donate doesn't. He says he's gonna do this n that, and wat does he do? This thread is about pong tho so I don't get how that matters. If u don't think donaire should be called out or u don't think pong should be a hofer that's ur opinion. Many disagree tho.

Comment

Thank god. Wonjongkam was one of the worst champions the sport has ever seen. He fought garbage competition and disgraced the belt.

Comment

show me a thread with you sayin pongsaklek is in decline and i'll shut up...

or something like " sonny boy jaro would be the one to KO pong"..
                Dude, seriously? How old are u? I may or may not have said it, either way doesn't mean i didn't think it along with plenty of others. Its not surprising he lost. It was bound to happen. Sux he lost to this guy but like it was mentioned before, no1 ever said it wasn't an upset.

Comment

Pretty much..... Can you imagine say a Floyd Pac or K2 brother announcing their next fight is with an opponent that is making their debut or 0 and whatever??? The outrage would be ridiculous....
                  Ummm maybe because they make a ton of money and he doesn't?

How do you think the man makes his bread? Flyweights aren't cashing in lol

Plus he lives in Thailand which is not the richest country by far

Comment

Can someone explain to me why Pongjngkam is even considered for P4P or HOF status when his resume is padded:

With boxers who have more loses then wins
                    With boxers making their debut
                    With boxers who have had less then 10 fights total
                    When he very rarely (if ever) fought boxers that weren't Asian?

All this is just from a quick google search, if anyone else has any information, please post

Comment

look at these nostrdamuses of fights...pong just beat edgar sosa in a comfortable UD that even sosa was impressed...and now he's always been in decline?...

this could be a case of mayorga vs forrest gentlemen...
                      I have been saying Wonjongkam was on the decline for a very long time, actually.

He suprised me with Sosa, but other than that, he's clearly been on the decline.

Check my history, infact, check the conversations between me and Shadows on my page.

We have been talking about Wonjongkam being on the decline for a very long time.

Comment

Working...
                      X