No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaro Knocks Pongsaklek Wonjongkam Out For WBC Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by punchville View Post
    ofcouirse he's been on decline, he's 34 and had 80 soemthing fights but how how come no one was sayin he was before this upset?...plus , he is a top p4p fighter, a past prime fighter cannot be in that position..., theres always a kryptonite for evenryone, no matter how good you are or how bad, **** happnesn in boxing.....

i did'nt say he was as good as mayorga..jaro is a bum but even bums win big fights, look at singsurat and torrecampo, both bum but stopped the p4p king...mayorga was never that good either...but who knew mayorga was gonna beat forrest before he did?..no one..that's the comparison im making here...
    Cease fire on Demp..... He got owned in this thread and jumped to another one

Comment

ofcouirse he's been on decline, he's 34 and had 80 soemthing fights but how how come no one was sayin he was before this upset?...plus , he is a top p4p fighter, a past prime fighter cannot be in that position..., theres always a kryptonite for evenryone, no matter how good you are or how bad, **** happnesn in boxing.....

i did'nt say he was as good as mayorga..jaro is a bum but even bums win big fights, look at singsurat and torrecampo, both bum but stopped the p4p king...mayorga was never that good either...but who knew mayorga was gonna beat forrest before he did?..no one..that's the comparison im making here...
      So ur issue is we didn't call it earlier? Seriously? Smh...and pong is old and has been slowing down for some time. Fighters get old overnight too but this was a case of something that's been coming for some time. There's absolutely no way a prime pong loses to this guy so to me the primary factor in this loss is age. No doubt about it. This guy ain't no kryptonite. Please with that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
        Cease fire on Demp..... He got owned in this thread and jumped to another one
        Dude grow up.

Comment

P4P is a mythical opinion based ranking. His P4P standing is pretty irrelevant. Not sure why people put so much emphasis on P4P. P4P is just shits and giggles and at times it can be fun to discuss it. But, no one should take P4P rankings seriously.

Yes people were saying Wonjongkam reign was on its last legs. I think the majority of people would picked Viloria and Marquez to beat him. Even guys like Segura would have seemed the favorite over Wonjongkam. He had a foot outside the door. And, people thought that before. But, yea no one was picking Jaro. Thus is why it is the upset of the year so far.

And, yes this kind of things happened like Mayorga vs Forrest as you mentioned. And, even more recently Baldomir beating Judah. Not sure what your point is TBH.

Comment

Holy **** ! ! !, gotta watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              So ur issue is we didn't call it earlier? Seriously? Smh...and pong is old and has been slowing down for some time. Fighters get old overnight too but this was a case of something that's been coming for some time. There's absolutely no way a prime pong loses to this guy so to me the primary factor in this loss is age. No doubt about it. This guy ain't no kryptonite. Please with that ****.
              show me a thread with you sayin pongsaklek is in decline and i'll shut up...

or something like " sonny boy jaro would be the one to KO pong"..
              Last edited by punchville; 03-02-2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                Dude grow up.
                How nice of u to make an appearance..... R u going to answer the ?

I figure u won't but that is the very thing I'm talking about.... Double standard... Pong can do that but no other fighter in the p4p top ten can....

Not that I would want to see it happen but u get my point.....

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                  P4P is a mythical opinion based ranking. His P4P standing is pretty irrelevant. Not sure why people put so much emphasis on P4P. P4P is just shits and giggles and at times it can be fun to discuss it. But, no one should take P4P rankings seriously.

Yes people were saying Wonjongkam reign was on its last legs. I think the majority of people would picked Viloria and Marquez to beat him. Even guys like Segura would have seemed the favorite over Wonjongkam. He had a foot outside the door. And, people thought that before. But, yea no one was picking Jaro. Thus is why it is the upset of the year so far.

And, yes this kind of things happened like Mayorga vs Forrest as you mentioned. And, even more recently Baldomir beating Judah. Not sure what your point is TBH.
                  you claim p4p should'nt be taken seriously but claim viloria and tyson marquez would be the favorite vs him?.. no, no one was ever favored to beat wonjongkam, so cut the bS...esp not marquez who also lost to a juorney man in mepranum...

the point?.. you said it yourself, **** happnes in boixing not becase of some excuse...it just happens...

Comment

you claim p4p should'nt be taken seriously but claim viloria and tyson marquez would be the favorite vs him?.. no, no one was ever favored to beat wonjongkam, so cut the bS...esp not marquez who also lost to a juorney man in mepranum...

the point?.. you said it yourself, **** happnes in boixing not becase of some excuse...it just happens...
                    Not sure how P4P not mattering to Marquez or Viloria would have been favorite over him relates.

You acting as if people saw Wonjongkam as unbeatable and that's not the case. Yes Marquez was beating by a journeyman, no one is saying Marquez is unbeatable either so your point is irrelevant.

Yes stuff happens in boxing. The biggest cliche in the sport is that anything can happen in any giving night. Not sure how that relates to Wonjongkam being at the tail end of his career.

At the end of the day Wonjonkam being at the tail end of his career with a foot outside the door doesn't take away from this fight being the upset of the year thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                      Yes he was a 2x lineal Flyweight champion. So yes Jaro becomes the lineal champion.
                      Thanks Kuya Germs.

Comment

Working...
                      X