Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIDEO of how I see Mayweather-Cotto playing out

Comment

• I wonder if Merchant will be allowed anywhere near the post fight interview(?)!!

Comment

• Well a ton of people don't remember that FLoyd was calling out Cotto in 05-06, but Top Rank said "Cotto isn't ready for Floyd". Than, when Floyd announced he was retiring after Hatton, they started the whole he's avoiding this guy or that guy thing.

I think it proves Floyd has no problem fighting TR guys, it's Arum who has the problem. He doesn't want to see Floyd get any money.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
          Well a ton of people don't remember that FLoyd was calling out Cotto in 05-06, but Top Rank said "Cotto isn't ready for Floyd". Than, when Floyd announced he was retiring after Hatton, they started the whole he's avoiding this guy or that guy thing.

I think it proves Floyd has no problem fighting TR guys, it's Arum who has the problem. He doesn't want to see Floyd get any money.

It sure does look like Arum is the cause now. There relationship has obviously worsened over the years.

But, I can post articles from the time right now.

The main reason the fight didn't happen in early 08 was because Mayweather felt Cotto's fan base wasn't big enough.

Mayweather then went on to negotiate a 2nd fight with DLH and talk about moving to MMA with Mark Cuban to officially retiring from boxing.

Nothing about Arum was really mentioned like it is now with Pac. This is what happened.

Comment

• inb4 "it's Floyd's fault" pacfag defense of Arum.

Comment

• I guess Floyd "retiring" played no part?

Comment

• What year was it exactly that Floyd said he wants Cotto?

Comment

• They say he ducked Hatton, Mosley, Cotto, Baldomir, ect...

Undefeated, defensive GEEENNNYUUUSSS

42 have tried!

42 have came up short!

when you talkin bout pretty boy floyd...MONEY mayweather

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    I guess Floyd "retiring" played no part?
                    I don't recall Floyd being "retired" at the time Cotto-Gomez was signed and Floyd had no fights lined up. Apparently, Arum felt that Alfonso Gomez was a more viable opponent for Cotto than Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deal With It- View Post
                      I don't recall Floyd being "retired" at the time Cotto-Gomez was signed and Floyd had no fights lined up. Apparently, Arum felt that Alfonso Gomez was a more viable opponent for Cotto than Mayweather.
                      You don't have a very good memory then

Comment

Working...
                      X