No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dunks View Post
    huh?..he had success early?...he was knocked down in the 3rd round....i mean I guess he had success cause Pac wasnt fighting back int he first 2 rounds really, my guess was to gauge power....

look at the power shots...Landed Pac=276 Cotto=93
    this is what happens when you dont actully watch fights and look at numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxer1590 View Post
      Yes he did, absolutely. Watch the fight. Don't just look at stats. Don't tell me Cotto wasn't giving Pac all he could handle early on. Like I stated, once Pacquiao's power & pressure got to him he was broken down. However, he was not outclassed skill-wise by any means.

& I would rather look at the actual power shots than numbers representing the power shots.

define...early on....i just stated Cotto was knocked down in rd 3 then knocked down in round 4....after that it was over....

so you are giving Cotto credit for 2 rounds?...

they both landed 12 punches in the first rd (8 of those punches from Cotto were jabs....in the 2nd rounds Pac landed 40 punches to Cottos 23...

as a matter of fact Cotto NEVER landed more punches than Pac in any round in the fight...so please tell me what success did Cotto have early on?

Comment

• Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
        He's trying to make statistical inferences based on irrelevant data. He's just throwing numbers around trying to make sense.

Comment

Yes he did, absolutely. Watch the fight. Don't just look at stats. Don't tell me Cotto wasn't giving Pac all he could handle early on. Like I stated, once Pacquiao's power & pressure got to him he was broken down. However, he was not outclassed skill-wise by any means.

& I would rather look at the actual power shots than numbers representing the power shots.
          Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
          All he could handle for what 2 rounds? And, it wasn't all he could handle. It wasn't like he was putting a JMM performance in there for 2 rounds. He didn't clearly win the first 2 rounds. And, the rounds that you could give Cotto were competitive enough that a couple could have gone to Pac as well. Again it wasn't a JMM or Morales type of performance.

The first couple rounds were more filling out rounds. Not rounds that Pac couldn't handle. Once Pac got going, you saw how the fight went.

Floyd is a notorious slow starter, takes some time to figure one out. Cotto might give Floyd "all he could handle" for the first few rounds. But, once Floyd gets going. It's going to be Floyd either embarrassing him or just cruising to a victory like he did against Oscar.
          Last edited by jrosales13; 02-02-2012, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post

see post #16....

Comment

He's trying to make statistical inferences based on irrelevant data. He's just throwing numbers around trying to make sense.

ummm ok..so Cotto has success yet never outlanded Manny in any round? round 3 was his best round early in the fight and he was knocked down.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                All he could handle for what 2 rounds? And, it wasn't all he could handle. It wasn't like he was putting a JMM performance in their for 2 rounds. He didn't clearly win the first 2 rounds. And, the rounds that you could give Cotto were competitive enough that a couple could have gone to Pac as well. Again it wasn't a JMM or Morales type of performance.

The first couple rounds were more filling out rounds. Not rounds that Pac couldn't handle. Once Pac going, you saw how the fight went.

Floyd is a notorious slow starter, takes some time to figure one out. Cotto might give Floyd "all he could handle" for the first few rounds. But, once Floyd gets going. It's going to be Floyd either embarrassing him or just cruising to a victory like he did against Oscar.

this is what im saying.....Cotto didnt have success...Pac was feeling him out...

these guys have no memory of the actual events....

Comment

• This is why I felt Pac II at any weight, even at 154 was a waste of time. It was a garbage ass fight. And, shame on Pac and Arum to even make this plan A their first choice. Embarrassing for Pac to even demanding this taking place at 147. But, even at 154 it would have been crap.

Because, the first fight was competitive at all. It was a domination. A couple feeling out rounds don't change that.

Comment

• Originally posted by nwo riggs View Post
                    This fight will look more like the gatti fight. Cottos corner throws the towel in the 7th-9th rounds. I don't like this match up, never did.

I agree with this.....I dont see anyway that Cotto can nullify Mayweathers speed

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      All he could handle for what 2 rounds? And, it wasn't all he could handle. It wasn't like he was putting a JMM performance in their for 2 rounds. He didn't clearly win the first 2 rounds. And, the rounds that you could give Cotto were competitive enough that a couple could have gone to Pac as well. Again it wasn't a JMM or Morales type of performance.

The first couple rounds were more filling out rounds. Not rounds that Pac couldn't handle. Once Pac going, you saw how the fight went.

1st round- cotto won

2nd round- manny won

3rd round- started with the flash knockdown, cotto came back strong and it was an even round

4th round- cotto was winning, until the last seconds when he got caught rushing.

5th round- cotto won

6th- i dont remember, but it was going downhill.

Point being, cotto had more success than people like to acknowledge. How did the bigger faster stronger more skilled de la hoya do?

Comment

Working...
                      X