No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    He does, thats why he tried to rematch Oscar. Cotto could not bring that type of money and was actually risky so no fight.
    And Oscar low balled him so he couldn't easily work with GBP right then so that was Arum's chance.

If Arum was willing to pay the cost for a Cotto fight it could have happened then, he wasn't so it didn't.

So he took a break and came back when he needed bread and it just so happened GBP needed him to fill the big shoes Oscar left behind~ so GBP was willing to meet his price.

Arum has never been willing to meet Floyd's price as he has never found him worth it~ if he did we wouldn't be having this conversation. That is Arum's mistake not Floyd's

Comment

He does, thats why he tried to rematch Oscar. Cotto could not bring that type of money and was actually risky so no fight.
      the fight was suppose to happen @ 140 when both were under the top rank brand.........team cotto said that they weren't ready for mayweather. arum in no way wanted cotto getting gattied so early in his career so the fight didn't happen @ 140 (where this was the greatest chance of them fighting each other)

anything after mayweather leaving top rank is IRRELEVANT BECAUSE ARUM WASN'T GONNA DEAL WITH MAYWEATHER ON THOSE TERMS............

get a clue...............

Comment

You clearly don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.
        OK. Correct me where i'm wrong. Did Mayweather NOT say in that exact same interview you cited, that "he would love to fight Cotto" (in those exact words).

Did he not say in that same interview that all Cotto needed to do was contact him with an offer and a fight can be made?

Where exactly am i wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          And Oscar low balled him so he couldn't easily work with GBP right then so that was Arum's chance.

If Arum was willing to pay the cost for a Cotto fight it could have happened then, he wasn't so it didn't.

So he took a break and came back when he needed bread and it just so happened GBP needed him to fill the big shoes Oscar left behind~ so GBP was willing to meet his price.

Arum has never been willing to meet Floyd's price as he has never found him worth it~ if he did we wouldn't be having this conversation. That is Arum's mistake not Floyd's
          Floyd was mad that Oscar didnt give him a 50/50 split. Irony of the highest degree. But yeah, he was "lowballed".

Man you Floyd fanatics are hilarious. Under no circumstance would Mayweather have fought Cotto. The only reason hes fighting him now is because he has become a ppv attraction

Comment

• link

Ellerbe criticized Cotto's HBO and pay-per-view ratings, and said the Puerto Rican is not fiscally or historically appealing enough.

"It has nothing to do with Cotto's ability or talent, because I happen to believe he's a very good fighter," Ellerbe said. "I just don't think he brings enough to the table. Right now, he's not a draw in boxing. Outside of the hardcore press, nobody cares. If nobody's watching, what makes the guy important?

"We can't say what's going to happen a year from now, but at this moment, he's not in the stratosphere."

Comment

• Originally posted by americanbot View Post
              the fight was suppose to happen @ 140 when both were under the top rank brand.........team cotto said that they weren't ready for mayweather. arum in no way wanted cotto getting gattied so early in his career so the fight didn't happen @ 140 (where this was the greatest chance of them fighting each other)

anything after mayweather leaving top rank is IRRELEVANT BECAUSE ARUM WASN'T GONNA DEAL WITH MAYWEATHER ON THOSE TERMS............

get a clue...............
              It was the hottest fight in boxing in 2008. And Mayweather wasn't ever willing to negotiate.

Comment

• I suppose it's Arum's fault Floyd went on "vacation" too?

gtfoh

Comment

Floyd was mad that Oscar didnt give him a 50/50 split. Irony of the highest degree. But yeah, he was "lowballed".

Man you Floyd fanatics are hilarious. Under no circumstance would Mayweather have fought Cotto. The only reason hes fighting him now is because he has become a ppv attraction

They had the biggest fight in history and Floyd won, they tried to give him the same deal, sorry that they didn't make the offer to make the fight happen on a fight nobody really wanted. It could have happened though had his price been met~

Cotto was never that sort of threat, for the right offer Floyd would have fought him. You can say whatever because that has been proven out, how many guys would Floyd not fight but when the right offer comes along he does.

Floyd is a ****y SOB you seriosuly don;t think if he gets his number he won't fight anyone, if that number is a lot or more than you feel he is worth is not important what he would actually do if his demands are met are

Get off your high horse~ the fall is going to be steep
                  Last edited by The Gambler1981; 02-03-2012, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deal With It- View Post
                    OK. Correct me where i'm wrong. Did Mayweather NOT say in that exact same interview you cited, that "he would love to fight Cotto" (in those exact words).
                    This is not even worth addressing. I mean the fact you think it represents a valid point shows how naive or perhaps ****** you are. Saying he'd love to fight Cotto doesn't mean he would have fought him. Its called saving face. What else would he say? The only thing to take from that interview is that he said Cotto wasn't a big enough name or a big enough attraction and he lives in PR.

Originally posted by -Deal With It- View Post
                    Did he not say in that same interview that all Cotto needed to do was contact him with an offer and a fight can be made?
                    I dont remember him saying that. But same response really. He was already setting up the Oscar rematch. Saying he'd fight x, y or z doesn't mean anything.

Comment

• puerto kneetomatocans

Comment

Working...
                      X