Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bud effectively retired if Canelo won't give him a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Bud effectively retired if Canelo won't give him a fight?

Whilst Crawford gloats about Teo's bad performance, he still has no fight of his own arranged. 196 days and counting since his last.

His trainer can talk about "muh nothing to the table" about Boots all he likes, but he brings a fight - any fight - to the table, which is better than being an inactive social media addict.

Is Bud effectively retired if Canelo won't give him a fight?​

I doubt it there are a number of fights he could do.

Comment

Just fight Ennis. Let's face it, before beating spence, bud wasn't known as a take on all comers type guy. I mean, I think 2 or 3 weight undisputed flatters Bud, because bud don't seem that guy.
      Ennis is good warm up for Tim, Charlo and nelo
      Last edited by hugh grant; 02-10-2024, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Nah I think he’ll take a fight at 154. Tszyu-Thurman winner would be a good option.

Comment

Sounds like you're butthurt over him slamming Teo.

He did have a fight arranged against Spence. It's not Bud's fault Spence can't follow through due to eye injuries. And for the record, there's nothing abnormal in fighting once a year, especially in late 30s.
          OnePunch OnePunch likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            Sounds like you're butthurt over him slamming Teo.
            Incorrect. Not particularly fond of Teo and named him my list of inactive American social media addicts recently.

He did have a fight arranged against Spence.
            Incorrect. There was a rematch clause written into the contract for their first fight. That's not quite the same thing.

And for the record, there's nothing abnormal in fighting once a year, especially in late 30s.
            Let me guess. You're a Mayweather fan in your late 20s?

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Incorrect. Not particularly fond of Teo and named him my list of inactive American social media addicts recently.

Incorrect. There was a rematch clause written into the contract for their first fight. That's not quite the same thing.

Let me guess. You're a Mayweather fan in your late 20s?
              Uh.. no idea what that list is or care.
              ... arranged fight and rematch clause are different things? Sure if that makes you feel better.
              Mm I respect Floyd's accomplishments, but no, wouldn't say I'm a fan of his, and nope on the age.

I'd guess 70% of stars in their 30s fight once a year. Calling Crawford retired after "196 days" is silly.

Comment

Bumped for Gary Coleman

Comment

Tim Tszyu vs Keith Thurman winner
                  Jermell Charlo
                  Danny Garcia
                  Brian Castano
                  Brian Mendoza
                  Tony Harrison

Any of those is a better option than Ennis or Canelo. Crawford needs to fight at 154 next, period.

Comment

Not a huge fan of Bud. I rooted for Spence. I don't even mind Bud vs Boots happening. But nothing is being done about such fight. BLK is the only door paving the way for that fight to happen, yet even when Showtime had already exited boxing, the Ennis camp won't even want to consider it. How would you convince people like me who are skeptical in Boots' alleged seriousness of the Bud fight when no effort is being made? Ennis claims he wants the fight. Then show people you're making efforts to make the fight.
                    Last edited by Bullrider; 02-20-2024, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X