Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bud effectively retired if Canelo won't give him a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
    Because he's not actually interested. He's just using Bud's name for clout without actually fighting anyone.
    His entire career is a scam to me. They're still scamming people by saying no one wants to fight him. It may be harsh, but the details are in his record. To me it all boils down to this terrible thing in boxing about losing once as if it's the end of the world. I for one don't expect anyone to be so perfect they can't possibly lose a step. I mean why keep selling this thing about being the future of boxing when you hardly fight? What's the hesitation all about?

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post

I understand being diplomatic and all, but do you think Thurman actually has a chance to beat Tszyu?
      Nah not really. Thurman has been waiting to cash out for years. He hasn’t been serious about boxing in years at this point. I could see him quitting tbh.
      SUBZER0ED SUBZER0ED likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrider View Post
        His entire career is a scam to me. They're still scamming people by saying no one wants to fight him. It may be harsh, but the details are in his record. To me it all boils down to this terrible thing in boxing about losing once as if it's the end of the world. I for one don't expect anyone to be so perfect they can't possibly lose a step. I mean why keep selling this thing about being the future of boxing when you hardly fight? What's the hesitation all about?
        And the same people talking him up also like to put down Inoue, who has literally fought the best available competition his whole career and uses his cash cow status to make the fights the fans want to see.

Comment

And the same people talking him up also like to put down Inoue
          Yes, Americans, who think they're the centre of the universe. Yeah, let's send Inoue to America so he can become inactive and spend more time on social media talking about "muh A side", "muh split".
          drablj drablj likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Yes, Americans, who think they're the centre of the universe. Yeah, let's send Inoue to America so he can become inactive and spend more time on social media talking about "muh A side", "muh split".
            You got a bit of a bias thing going on. The British are just as bad. Particularly Tyson Fury, who is as bad or worse than any of them. Even Juan Francisco Estrada turned into that, which is rare for the lower weight divisions. Meanwhile you've got American Bam Rodriguez making the good fights without any of that.

Not sure why you hate us Americans so much, but you're over generalizing.
            dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Because he's not actually interested. He's just using Bud's name for clout without actually fighting anyone.

Look at his history. He was the #2 ranked contender with the WBO in 2022, after Vergil Ortiz Jr. At that point Spence v Bud wasn't looking like it would be made. Ennis chose to avoid both Ortiz and Bud to take on Custio Clayton on the IBF route, in May 2022.

He then had until the end of March 2023 before talks for Spence v Bud restarted. Didn't get the IBF to order his fight with Spence, and instead fought Karen Chukadzian in January 2023. Had months after that to petition the IBF to fight Spence. IBF had only ordered ONE mandatory in 4 years, and they're generally good about following their rules. Apparently he didn't petition the IBF at all until Oct 2022, when Stanionis was petitioning for HIS shot v Spence. Then after Bud became champion, he waited until Spence said he was activating his rematch clause to petition IBF again. Didn't call out Bud until that rematch clause came into play. Didn't go to the fight to call out the winner.

Since then, he hasn't called out Stanionis or Ortiz. Had to be ordered to face Crowley, and was going for a guy who lost to a guy whose best claims are at 130lb. Stanionis would have fought him. Didn't aim for Ugas, is avoiding Connor Benn, and wouldn't fight Avanesyan either. No offers to Thurman or Butaev. That's Ring 2022 top 10.

As near as I can tell, he's spent years avoiding anyone actually top ranked.

The fight isn't getting actively chased for the same reason he hasn't really pursued a fight with ANYONE who could reasonably be expected to fight him in the top 10 for the last 2 years.
              Nice summary. You filled in what is missing in my version. Posters need to save this post.
              I don't want to rehash how the Ennis team dealt with his WBO mandatory 2 years or so ago.
              Whatever Ennis did certainly haunted him and he's now being pressured to redeem himself
              by calling out Bud. In other words, he has to act like he really want Bud.
              Except it's just all talk and no substance without the corresponding action to really make the fight happen.
              And nobody knows what they expect of Bud exactly. Bud is network homeless and he's no longer with ESPN/TR.
              Ennis' fans are acting like little kids just happy to induce guilt on Bud. The more Bud is feeling guilty, the happy they get.
              It's not the fight they want. It's weird.​ Bud would rather think about his kids than feel guilty about some silly nonsense.

Comment

Since then, he hasn't called out Stanionis or Ortiz. Had to be ordered to face Crowley, and was going for a guy who lost to a guy whose best claims are at 130lb. Stanionis would have fought him. Didn't aim for Ugas, is avoiding Connor Benn, and wouldn't fight Avanesyan either. No offers to Thurman or Butaev. That's Ring 2022 top 10.
                Ennis wouldn't even look at Kavaliuskas, who's been looking for a dance partner and is very much available on any PBC card. Kava and Avanesyan are actually his peers. Career welterweights just like him. Those guys should have been in Boots' resume starting from his 25th. And here is Bud Crawford who started at 135 fought those guys with not much fanfare, no big deal, no buzz.

Comment

Bud is now a free agent, Canelo has signed for a fight and Ennis is committed to a mandatory. What's he going to do?

Comment

261 days and still no announcement.

Comment

Working...
                    X