Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bud effectively retired if Canelo won't give him a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Danny Garcia is an overly recycled name at this point. His fight with Amir Khan was nearly 12 years ago.
    Wow , time really does fly

Comment

No. Canelo is a cash out only for him, I give Crawford zero chance to win.

Crawford should fight Benn or Ennis at 147 or whoever top 10 at 154.

Comment

My question is why he won’t move up to 154? It’s clear as night and day that the Spence rematch if it happens won’t be at 147.

So my question is if he is reluctant to moving up to 154; Then why is he allowing these sanctioning bodies to strip him of his titles rather than defending them?
        Last edited by champion4ever; 02-21-2024, 04:29 AM.
        Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

My guess is if Canelo isn't fighting Bud, then Bud will wait for Tim v Thurman and go after the winner

Crawford still has the WBO and Tim Kazoo has the WBO at 154. Their rules state that if you drop your WBO title to move up, you become mandatory

I'm sure him and Tszyu can cut a deal to fight at 154. And same with Thurman if he were to win

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            My question is why he won’t move up to 154? It’s clear as night and day that the Spence rematch if it happens won’t be at 147.

So my question is if he is reluctant to moving up to 154; Then why is he allowing these sanctioning bodies to strip him of his titles rather than defending them?
            he has held on to the WBO because their rules allow you to move up a division, drop your title and then become mandatory in the division you moved to. That's how Usyk become AJ's mandatory.

Seems to me he's waiting for Tszyu v Thurmam outcome and targeting them.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Seems to me he's waiting for Tszyu v Thurmam outcome and targeting them.
              Most likely.

Fighting Benn in Uk is also a big money fight for him.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Most likely.

Fighting Benn in Uk is also a big money fight for him.
                The thing is Crawford made 10m for fighting Avenesyan, which was madness, then even more fighting Spence.

I doubt he gets near those figures fighting Benn in the UK.

I reckon the Tim Tszyu fight arguably makes more money because it'd be on amazon prime, one of the most used services in the world, which would be massive with the US and Australian audience. I reckon Amazon would put up plenty of money for that, especially as their first real mega fight.

The Australians bring in plenty of money which is why the likes of Pac and Haney went there. They could easily do Tszyu vs Bud in a stadium in Australia, then add the Amazon money on top...

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

The thing is Crawford made 10m for fighting Avenesyan, which was madness, then even more fighting Spence.

I doubt he gets near those figures fighting Benn in the UK.

I reckon the Tim Tszyu fight arguably makes more money because it'd be on amazon prime, one of the most used services in the world, which would be massive with the US and Australian audience. I reckon Amazon would put up plenty of money for that, especially as their first real mega fight.

The Australians bring in plenty of money which is why the likes of Pac and Haney went there. They could easily do Tszyu vs Bud in a stadium in Australia, then add the Amazon money on top...
                  Bud seems determined to only fight for big paydays so given he isn't much of a draw by himself he needs a dance partner. The Tszyu fight is only big in Australia, but what evidence is there to suggest Crawford would travel to fight?

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Bud seems determined to only fight for big paydays so given he isn't much of a draw by himself he needs a dance partner. The Tszyu fight is only big in Australia, but what evidence is there to suggest Crawford would travel to fight?
                    Why wouldn`t he?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Why wouldn`t he?
                      Same reason Mayweather didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X