Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bud effectively retired if Canelo won't give him a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawford is looking for a mega-fight but there are no real big names around him. He still can do good bank with some options but he has had a history of overpricing himself. He prices himself more than what the paying public is willing to pay to see him.

More than likely he will be rematching Spence at this point.

Comment

I'm guessing Crawford fights Manny and canelo fights berlenga. I'd love for Crawford to try and go undisputed at 154 but I think he's just looking to cash out at this point. He should petition the wba to fight madrimov for the vacant title, then he can fight murtazeliev while tyszu fights fundora with the winners facing off for all the marbles. In 1 year he could b the first and only person to ever fully unify 3 divisions in the 4 belt era. I understand he wants to secure his family's finances before he retires, but him sitting around waiting on a payday sucks from a fans perspective.

Comment

Some guys are bad at self promotion, bud is one of them. he came off a huge win and hes not even in the news or anything. he should have atleast tried to stay active in the boxing media with some interviews and chit. He complained that he was underpaid by arum while arum says he lost money on bud overall by overpaying him on guarantees when bud cant sell chit for PPVs.

Canelo was the dream fight obviously for the payday and every fighter wants that fight just like everyone wanted DLH back in the day. well its probably not happening so what is crawford's plan B? or if crawford was smart he could have gotten and beaten a charlo before their marketability of both guys just tanked in the last year. Now there are no names unless he wants to fight Tim Tszyu who is probably the biggest realistic fight out there.
        Last edited by elfag; 02-21-2024, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Bud seems determined to only fight for big paydays so given he isn't much of a draw by himself he needs a dance partner. The Tszyu fight is only big in Australia, but what evidence is there to suggest Crawford would travel to fight?
          Why not, if the money is right.

He fought in Scotland before.

He doesn't strike me as the kind of fighter that worries about leaving USA.

Comment

Crawford might as well take a stay-busy fight while waiting for Canelo. It would certainly be a long wait. First of all, if Alvarez fight happens at all, it certainly won't be this Cinco de Mayo. Otherwise, it would have been announced by now.

Comment

I think hes cool retiring on the Errol W if nothing ***y with a nice number on it comes along.

And fair play to him, the dude is 36yrs old (37 this yr), hes won several belts at several weights, hes been undisputed twice.

I mean at some point boxers reach a point where they did all they wanted & if there are no more true goals, a nice check or at minimum the desire to take a victory lap fight whats the point?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I think hes cool retiring on the Errol W if nothing ***y with a nice number on it comes along.

And fair play to him, the dude is 36yrs old (37 this yr), hes won several belts at several weights, hes been undisputed twice.

I mean at some point boxers reach a point where they did all they wanted & if there are no more true goals, a nice check or at minimum the desire to take a victory lap fight whats the point?
                Absolutely up to him what he wants to do. A lot of people responded to his "I'm bored" tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
                  Some guys are bad at self promotion, bud is one of them. he came off a huge win and hes not even in the news or anything. he should have atleast tried to stay active in the boxing media with some interviews and chit.
                  Well he does a lot of YouTube interviews and Tweeting. He seems to be a social media addict. The key was to get another fight organised quickly rather than stagnate again.

Crawford - Spence 2 bombs in my opinion, I can't see anyone putting up sufficient money for a rerun for either of them to actually do it.

Originally posted by brettWall View Post
                  Absolutely up to him what he wants to do. A lot of people responded to his "I'm bored" tweet.
                  He should try filling his time with things that don't involve his smartphone.
                  TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                    Tim Tszyu vs Keith Thurman winner
                    Jermell Charlo
                    Danny Garcia
                    Brian Castano
                    Brian Mendoza
                    Tony Harrison

Any of those is a better option than Ennis or Canelo. Crawford needs to fight at 154 next, period.
                    If he stays at WW, then no other fight matters more than Ennis. Beating the young lion heir apparent and recovering his IBF belt adds plenty to Crawford's resume before he retires. If he moves up, then the only fights that matter are title fights. That means Jermell Charlo (if he ever fights again) or Tim Tszyu after he steamrolls Keith Thurman. The rest of the matchups are meaningless to Crawford who only has time for big money legacy fights.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
                      He should try filling his time with things that don't involve his smartphone.
                      Maybe BLK Prime will make him do an interim fight. I think he's itching to put someone on the canvas, earn a few easy million dollars.
                      Last edited by brettWall; 02-21-2024, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X