No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Adviser Prefers Cotto Next, Not Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FistoftheDallasStar View Post
    Whateverrrrrrr, bro. That fight was needing to happen before Mayweather went AWOL. It was either Cotto or Margarito at that time. Dude take off your "money" goggles and see what happened with your own two eyes. Floyd ducked out of boxing so he wouldn't be pressured to fight Margo or Cotto. It's pretty obvious!
    i agree, i wanted to see that fight.....to this day, i wanna see cotto-mayweather.....

BUT cotto NOR arum had expressed any interest in making the fight before mayweather retired.....or even now for that matter.

truth is, arum is so blinded by hate, he'll do anything he can to keep his guys away from mayweather at this point, even though its the biggest money fight either of his guys can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
      Miguel Cotto IF he would have beaten Antonio Margarito would have
      fought in a mega payday with Oscar De La Hoya and if he would have
      won that fight then Floyd Mayweather Jr was going to get at him
      for all the marbles at 147 and Roger already said they were eyeing
      Cotto but wanted to see how he would do against Antonio Margarito.
      Why do you feel that Mayweather should call the fights for all the marbles? He retired, right? So now he needs to beat one of the best in WW or hell even Jr WW before he can even throw his two cents in. He lost the right to name his opponents when he retired. He left a lot of money on the table but more importantly he left a bad taste in many boxing fans mouth by not giving them a chance to fight. Now he should automatically be given that back. I say no, let him earn it first.

P.S. Fighting JMM doesn't cut the mustard.

Comment

• Originally posted by bray26 View Post
        I'm the rookie so let me respect my elders! Give me a little veteran knowledge. Do you think a defense against hatton @147 when hatton is natural 140, a worhty defense? Second why do you feel it's more important who u beat for a title than who you fight period over your career? I respect your loyalty to floyd all I ask is that you don't disrespect cotto's resume of fights. He has fought the best wheteher for a title or not. Floyd since he got to 140 & 147 has not fought any of the best fighters in those divisions. Period, Defend that!
        He fought a past his prime SSM who had turned down a fight with FM. Fought Margs and we all know what happened. Cotto has fought 6 current or former champs. Floyd fought a part time fighter in DLH a prime JLC and Corrales. 10 or 11 current of former world champs. See you cant just look at part of his resume look at the whole resume than come to a conclusion. Now you DEFEND that. If you ask a boxing expert who will get in the hall of fame 1st, who do you think they will say?

Comment

• Originally posted by FistoftheDallasStar View Post
          Why do you feel that Mayweather should call the fights for all the marbles? He retired, right? So now he needs to beat one of the best in WW or hell even Jr WW before he can even throw his two cents in. He lost the right to name his opponents when he retired. He left a lot of money on the table but more importantly he left a bad taste in many boxing fans mouth by not giving them a chance to fight. Now he should automatically be given that back. I say no, let him earn it first.

P.S. Fighting JMM doesn't cut the mustard.
          get real man....it doesn't matter who retired when, or who last fought who.....commercial appeal decides which fights get made. mayweather is the bigger draw, so whether you like him or not, he's gonna have plenty say when the negotiations come about for any fight.....

Comment

Makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by bray26 View Post
              I'm the rookie so let me respect my elders! Give me a little veteran knowledge. Do you think a defense against hatton @147 when hatton is natural 140, a worhty defense? Second why do you feel it's more important who u beat for a title than who you fight period over your career? I respect your loyalty to floyd all I ask is that you don't disrespect cotto's resume of fights. He has fought the best wheteher for a title or not. Floyd since he got to 140 & 147 has not fought any of the best fighters in those divisions. Period, Defend that!
              I hear you and understand where your coming from but
              a lot of fighters ducked Floyd too or the fight wasn't possible
              like for instance the fight with Kosta Tsyzu. Floyd wanted
              that fight but he was on HBO and Tsyzu on Show Time so
              it just wasn't coming together. Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton
              were both at the Arturo Gatti fight because they were next in
              line. When the camera was on Miguel Cotto Jim Lampley said
              "Miguel Cotto could be next up for Floyd Mayweather Jr but
              I think it would be best for him to think it over" Hatton/Cotto
              were his next fights and both opted not to take it. Mosley had
              2 chances and both time chose not to. Floyd went to 147
              chasing Mosley and Oscar, even said it after the 8RD stoppage
              of Bruseles. This is all information that a lot fight fans don't
              know or just choose to ignore but it happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                You know what? That simply does not wash. You want to be P4P#1? well be prepared to fight guys deserving of that role even if they don't measure up financially. That is exactly what is wrong with this sport.

You want to be a legend, then get out and fight like one. Every fight does ot have to be a 20 million dollar fight. What is wrong with 10 Million and keep active? Floyd could have made about another 60 million during those two years he decised to party on the vegas strip.

Sorry but Cotto and Mosley paid their dues and deserve a shot at Manny more than anyone. You cannot close the door on the bread and butter of the sport just because they don't measure up financially. That is a terrible way of thinking. With that way of thinking they would never get a shot and always have the door closed on them.
                To be honest paying your dues doesnt count for anything anymore. Don King changed all that in the 80 & 90's when all his HW would get a shot at the title first and if you wasnt his fighter and wanted a shot you had to give him options on your next fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by scraddick View Post
                  What a waste of a fight. Everyone knows that Cotto is flat footed .... Pac can dance around him for 12 rounds straight. If he stops Cotto, it would be on cuts and not KO.
                  boxing isnt for you stop posting BS please

Comment

Roger said that after Cotto lost lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
                      It says exactly what I said it said. It says the title was already vacant when the article was written; that no fight had been signed; that the WBO's two leading contenders were Cotto and (rather ridiculously) Jennings; and that neither boxer had yet expressed any interest in fighting the other at that point.
                      It was just proving my point that every title Cotto has won had been vacated.

Comment

Working...
                      X