No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Adviser Prefers Cotto Next, Not Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by handler000 View Post
    To be honest paying your dues doesnt count for anything anymore. Don King changed all that in the 80 & 90's when all his HW would get a shot at the title first and if you wasnt his fighter and wanted a shot you had to give him options on your next fight.
    It will count for something if they make it happen this time around. It looks like it just might happen that way. You saw the damage Don King made to the sport and you are here trying to justify it? Cotto isn't getting a shot because he is easy pickings. He is getting a shot for two reasons:

1: Arum keeps the star in house for the time being regardless of the winner.

2: He has been out there fighting badasses and deserves a shot at super stardom.

Comment

• Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
      get real man....it doesn't matter who retired when, or who last fought who.....commercial appeal decides which fights get made. mayweather is the bigger draw, so whether you like him or not, he's gonna have plenty say when the negotiations come about for any fight.....
      I am real man. Let Mayweather fight a top dog at Welter or Jr. Welter what's so unreal about that, bro? Is it that he's too cool to fight a scrappy fighter or scarred he won't make enought money?... come on. You guys are full of it. If he fights a top fighter .. guess what? The money will come also. I'm not paying for a farce PPV fight of Mayweather vs Marquez. Nope, if you guys want to play the fool on account that's your favorite fighter be my guest. I'd rather watch a COTTO vs CLOTTY any day of the week before that garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        It will count for something if they make it happen this time around. It looks like it just might happen that way. You saw the damage Don King made to the sport and you are here trying to justify it? Cotto isn't getting a shot because he is easy pickings. He is getting a shot for two reasons:

2: He has been out there fighting badasses and deserves a shot at super stardom.
        Man Pacquiaos team is getting real cokcy. They are overshooting by a wide margin on this one. Already comparing Cotto to Hatton??

Pshh

If they let manny fight miguel , everything manny has worked up until now will end.

Mark my words Cotto KOs pac. Pacs chin hasnt even been tested with heavy hitters like Cotto

Comment

• Originally posted by handler000 View Post
          It was just proving my point that every title Cotto has won had been vacated.
          You said before that it was proving that Cotto signed to fight Jennings before Williams vacated the WBO title:

Originally posted by handler000 View Post
          No NO and NO...He was already signed to fight Jennings before Paul vacated title.
          http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3702662
          http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=17449
          But it didn't say anything about the fight already having been signed - in fact it said that neither Cotto nor Jennings had yet expressed any interest in fighting each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5punchcombo View Post
            Man Pacquiaos team is getting real cokcy. They are overshooting by a wide margin on this one. Already comparing Cotto to Hatton??

Pshh

If they let manny fight miguel , everything manny has worked up until now will end.

Mark my words Cotto KOs pac. Pacs chin hasnt even been tested with heavy hitters like Cotto

I would not be surprised if that happened either. I do give Manny a lot of credit for considering Cotto for a fight. That takes balls IMO.

Same with Cotto. He could potentially lose to Manny. Lets face it, Manny, as small as he is, is a tough fight for anyone. He has really come into his own and will give anyone fits.

Comment

• Originally posted by FistoftheDallasStar View Post
              I am real man. Let Mayweather fight a top dog at Welter or Jr. Welter what's so unreal about that, bro? Is it that he's too cool to fight a scrappy fighter or scarred he won't make enought money?... come on. You guys are full of it. If he fights a top fighter .. guess what? The money will come also. I'm not paying for a farce PPV fight of Mayweather vs Marquez. Nope, if you guys want to play the fool on account that's your favorite fighter be my guest. I'd rather watch a COTTO vs CLOTTY any day of the week before that garbage.
              he's already a top draw. he doesn't have to do any of that. at this point, floyd could get a fight with anyone he wants....unless bob arum wants to be totally disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post

Thats not justifying it. Thats just stating what happen to boxing. Mark my words Cotto and PAC will not fight because it would have to be at a catch weight and according to ALL of Cotto's fans he cant make anything below 147. I feel what you are saying but DESERVE has nothing to do with it. Its all about money.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5punchcombo View Post

Pshh

Don't they have a little right to be cocky? It's more Freddy Roach than anything but who else believed in Manny when they first started.. Thats right no one did. So what if PAC loses to Miguel at least they made that fight. Pac isn't prancing around saying he's the best looking for a way to avoid a tough challenge. Nah brah he's there willing to fight putting all he has on the line for a chance to win. Cotto vs Pac will be an instant classic and it is primarily happening because Miguel and Manny don't duck fights or great fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
                    You said before that it was proving that Cotto signed to fight Jennings before Williams vacated the WBO title:

But it didn't say anything about the fight already having been signed - in fact it said that neither Cotto nor Jennings had yet expressed any interest in fighting each other.
                    Your right...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorruel View Post
                      Roger said that after Cotto lost lol
                      No he didn't.......PROOF!

CHECK 3:30

Comment

Working...
                      X