No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Adviser Prefers Cotto Next, Not Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dorruel View Post
    Why would you fight Williams when you just came off a KO im not gonna say that **** again its getting annoying. Cotto is dominating he will be #1 WW NO DOUBT in a little over a month.
    Cotto taking a tune up after a beat down is cool, no problem
    with that but in the same breath, Floyd is coming off of a TWO YEAR
    lay off and basically has to do a lot more to get prepared to fight
    a guy that even though people see as a tune is a tough fighter and
    is highly ranked unlike Jennings was. Bottom line is that people
    should just take it for what it is and stop making excuses on why
    a fighter is afraid or a punk for fighting a certain fighter because I'm
    pretty sure that Miguel recovering from a beat down after 7 months
    would heal faster than Floyd getting back in the ring after two years
    of inactivity. So if your not ready to bash Cotto then people shouldn't
    bash Floyd because I'm sure we all agree that JMM would kick Jennings
    ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by handler000 View Post
      Does this make you feel better rook? Floyd beat Genaro Hernandez who was 38 and 0 and defended the WBC belt 8 times at 130. Then his 1st fight @ 135 was against JLC defended it 3xs and moved to 140 fought Corley, Brussels and Gatti. Jumped to 147 and fought Mitchell and then Judah for the IBF title. Turn around and fought Baldomir for the WBC belt. Finished off fighting the champ DLH @ 154 for another WBC belt . See the pattern?? Always fighting champions.. Nothing VACATED!! If you didnt know his defense against Hatton was for his belt. So there goes your theory of NO defenses.
      I'm the rookie so let me respect my elders! Give me a little veteran knowledge. Do you think a defense against hatton @147 when hatton is natural 140, a worhty defense? Second why do you feel it's more important who u beat for a title than who you fight period over your career? I respect your loyalty to floyd all I ask is that you don't disrespect cotto's resume of fights. He has fought the best wheteher for a title or not. Floyd since he got to 140 & 147 has not fought any of the best fighters in those divisions. Period, Defend that!

Comment

• Originally posted by handler000 View Post
        Dave. Glad to see you back after the Hatton fight. I never use the "hater" word. Just because I dont buy into some one's opinion, I have to be a hater? I believe in disagreeing. Who avoided Clottey? It was Arum that kept him on the shelf. Even if Cotto hadnt lost to Margs do you honestly believe Arum would have put him in there with PWill? Didnt think so.
        I was posting, and giving Manny props, on the morning after the fight. Shame Ricky forgot to duck, though!

You can't rationally criticise Cotto for fighting Jennings after taking a brutal beating. If he had beaten Marg, he certainly wouldn't have fought Jennings next.

As for whether he'd have fought Williams next if he'd beaten Margarito, I don't know, but if he hadn't, it would have been because of the Arum-Hayman feud, not because Cotto was ducking.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          And it is not like he will have to wait in line long. Hell he could fight Mosley while Manny fights Cotto, the winners then meet in the ring.

That scenario would clean up a hell of a lot of "what ifs?" Would that not be a perfect situation? I personally think it would be fantastic.
          I think the best scenerio is Cotto/Mosley 2 to clean up the Welter
          Weight Division (Unless Clottey beats Cotto) and Pacquiao/Mayweather
          then the winner of each fight puts it all on the line because Cotto/Mosley
          have unfinished business and history between them:

Cotto>Mosley>Margarito>Cotto>Mosley>Margarito= Mosley/Cotto2!

Comment

And two ****ing years ago everyone wanted Floyd to fight Cotto. I certainly don't remember you in here bitching about Floyd not giving the fans what they want.

Hypocrite Much?

You damn well know Floyd won;t fight a welterweight right now unless he is forced too. Make him work for it like the rest have done.
            Schaefer said it best. Floyd is the new DLH of PPV so he doesnt have to wait in line. PAC has proved in his last 2 fights its about the money and FMJ brings the most money.

Comment

And two ****ing years ago everyone wanted Floyd to fight Cotto. I certainly don't remember you in here bitching about Floyd not giving the fans what they want.

Hypocrite Much?

You damn well know Floyd won;t fight a welterweight right now unless he is forced too. Make him work for it like the rest have done.
              chill with that cotto ****.......neither arum, NOR cotto had expressed interest in making that fight before floyd retired....hell, larry merchant expressed more interest in the fight than either cotto or arum, for that matter....

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                This is the **** I am talking about. All this gay ass emotion "ohhh my gosh Floyd left the sport. This is boxing dude act like a MAN and want the two best fighters on earth to fight each other PERIOD. As a note, I want Floyd to fight Cotto and Mosley and Williams. However I want a Floyd-Pac fight now because IT IS THE TWO BEST FACING EACH OTHER PERIOD. Whoever doesn't want that isn't a ****ing fan of the sport, they are just a nutthugging *******.
                Nobody wants to see Pac chasing Gayweather all night running like a *****!!!

Comment

And it is not like he will have to wait in line long. Hell he could fight Mosley while Manny fights Cotto, the winners then meet in the ring.

That scenario would clean up a hell of a lot of "what ifs?" Would that not be a perfect situation? I personally think it would be fantastic.
                  Thank you.. You sir are a pure fight fan! That scenario would be the most logical.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                    Cotto taking a tune up after a beat down is cool, no problem
                    with that but in the same breath, Floyd is coming off of a TWO YEAR
                    lay off and basically has to do a lot more to get prepared to fight
                    a guy that even though people see as a tune is a tough fighter and
                    is highly ranked unlike Jennings was. Bottom line is that people
                    should just take it for what it is and stop making excuses on why
                    a fighter is afraid or a punk for fighting a certain fighter because I'm
                    pretty sure that Miguel recovering from a beat down after 7 months
                    would heal faster than Floyd getting back in the ring after two years
                    of inactivity. So if your not ready to bash Cotto then people shouldn't
                    bash Floyd because I'm sure we all agree that JMM would kick Jennings
                    ass.
                    So basically you admit that you know Cotto shouldn't get **** for not fighting Williams, and the only reason you were saying that is because you're sick of people giving Floyd **** for the JMM fight?

Dude, don't let the haters make you start sayin crazy ****. This place does that to you.

Comment

• What a waste of a fight. Everyone knows that Cotto is flat footed .... Pac can dance around him for 12 rounds straight. If he stops Cotto, it would be on cuts and not KO.

Comment

Working...
                      X