No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Adviser Prefers Cotto Next, Not Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao's Adviser Prefers Cotto Next, Not Mayweather

It's looking more and more likely that Floyd Mayweather Jr. [should he beat Juan Manuel Marquez] will have to wait until 2010 to get a crack at Manny Pacquiao. The Filipino icon's promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, prefers WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto [also promoted by Top Rank]. Cotto faces Joshua Clottey on June 13 in New York's Madison Square Garden. Pacquiao plans to be at ringside. [details]

they dont want him fighting pure boxers any more...they want str8 ahead fighters....imo

Comment

Pac is all heart. Props, but Cotto will ****in ice him. This is stupid by Arum. If Cotto wins over Clottey, why the **** not rematch SSM? If this fight goes down, Mr boat buyer damn well better fight SSM.

Comment

wtf???????????? what?

Comment

i dont think many peolpe would pick to see cotto vs pac, over mayweather vs pac!

is there a hint of "ducking" by pac-man???

Comment

This is all noise..... the big money is with Mayweather and they know it. Pacman advisor is just setting the negotiating plainfield with a strong option B in order to get the upper hand with Egoweather.

By the way.... Cotto is not a straight up fighter.... the kid can box. If not ask Mosley, I'm sure still has flashbacks of Cottos Jab hitting him in the face. And as beautiful as Pacmans right hooks is in the inside, Cotto has a wonderful Left hook as well.

I agree that the fight will be more exciting and has more questions marks.... but they are going for Egoweather and this is just smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by Kbmunro View Post
              i dont think many peolpe would pick to see cotto vs pac, over mayweather vs pac!

SMART MOVE!! Better keep him away from FMJ if they want to keep milking the "PAC COW".. He will be in trouble against any boxer with lateral movement (ie..FMJ or JMM). I know you pac huggers are going to say he beat JMM twice but JMM has gotten better just like pac has improved his skills.

Comment

Ducking floyd now

Comment

Originally posted by larrysmith View Post
                  they dont want him fighting pure boxers any more...they want str8 ahead fighters....imo
                  I personally like to watch a fight where two fighters come to fight, not one run potshot, roll yore shoulder then runn , then runn,,,,,so boring .

May runs runs and runs then when he gets his man frustrated cause May is such a fast runner the guy chasin makes a mistake and POP ! May gets him,

If they fight it will be funny to watch da shickenmang run from the little guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kbmunro View Post

NOPEY,,,,,,,Pacmang ducks no man his size, he is probably duckin the two Vitaly and brother Vladimir and Haye, so I suppose you could say he is duckin somebody but NOBODY IN HIS WEIGHT CLASS

Comment

Working...
                    X