Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Adviser Prefers Cotto Next, Not Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hate to break to everbody but i dont think pac at this point beats any of the elites including marquez. his victory over hattan will be his last win. pac has a decent defense which is not good enough to hang with any of the elites. he is to hit-able. if pac thinks he is going to run over cotto he is on crack.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Stopping Ricardo Mayorga isn't proof that you'll do it to Cotto. Shane Mosley looked far worse against Mayorga than he did versus Cotto yet he still pulled out a KO on that no-defense having so and so. Other than Mayorga, who else did Oscar beat to make you say that? Fernando Vargas? Because that was 5-6 years before. Oh, and in between he was stopped by a 156lb Hopkins and won a controversial decision over...Felix Sturm.

Cotto is leagues better than all of those guys. In his prime, Oscar might stop him but the version that fought Floyd would probably do what he did against every good fighter he fought...lose.
      Miguel had a difficult time fending off Mosley at times during
      their match. The way Oscar pressured PBF I could see Oscar
      doing the same because Cotto is smaller than PBF and he wouldn't
      respect Cotto's power. PBF was/is an inch taller than Cotto and
      has a longer reacher with solid defensive skills. I could see a
      Cotto/Oscar fight going in the direction of a Cotto/Margarito fight,
      with Oscar pressing the action and Cotto moving around picking
      his shots but technically Oscar was better than Margarito so
      Cotto would not have been pounding on Oscar like that without
      paying for it, plus Oscar has a solid chin. Oscar KO'd Mayorga
      in the 5th, that means he is a big puncher. 154 Oscar that
      fought PBF I feel would have beat Cotto but that's just my
      opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by sycomantz View Post
        for real, one of the biggest things to separate the two is intelligence.

it never once dawned on Cotto to stop head hunting Marg, circle him, go to the body and continue to outbox him

the dumbass kept going with the same game plan as Marg got stronger and then Cotto gave up.

thats one of the many reason why Cotto wouldnt beat PBF
        Cotto tried to box but his defensive simply isn't good enough to overcome a guy who throws that many punches a round. He went to the body early but stopped when he realized he bloody after only two rounds. I can't knock anything he did in that fight, really I can't. He tried everything--he just wasn't good enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorruel View Post
          So 98% of boxingscene(2%mexican Tony cumchuggers) mustve hated him from the beginning huh because besides you, i havent seen anyone else with that ******ed legion of plaster ****. oh yeah and spill some on the floor for your daddy manos de yeso margarito because in most peoples eyes this cheater is as good as dead. So instead of telling me to shut up, i think you should
          Even if we say Marg had plaster in his gloves; the fact is Cotto quit. There is a point to be made both ways if Marg had plaster why didnt he knock Cotto silly like Corley or Torres did? Cotto was more tired than anything. He was still conscious of what was going on in the fight he was taking knees and quit because he had no more stamina.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorruel View Post
            So now an old Oscar at 154 would beat Cotto? seriously man stop with the hate. To you, everyone and there mother can beat Cotto , i know Cotto proved you wrong before in the past, and hes going to do it again next month, and again if he fights Pac in Dec. I cant wait. And i dont even kno why u mentioned 154 Cotto is a WW a not so big one too, so just the fact you mentioned that shows your hate for the man. Cotto is the #1 WW no doubt after June 13th your gonna have to live with it man
            Why would I have to hate on Cotto. You just said it, Cotto is a small
            Welter Weight so he wouldn't be able to hang with Oscar at 154.
            Your getting it mixed up with hate and style matching.

Comment

• Originally posted by handler000 View Post
              He wasnt at the top of the division!! When has Cotto taken a belt from a champion? ANSWER: NEVER. He has claimed ALL his belts from fighting for a vacant title. When has FMJ fought for a vacant title NEVER. He always fought the champ WITH a belt. I guess thats beating the best competition to you? Pinto for the VACANT WBO strap at 140 yeah he is a world beater, Quintanna for the VACANT WBA belt at 147 and lets not forget Jennings for the VACANT WBO strap. Kinda like a cake walk to claim his belts, dont you think?
              id rather Cotto fight Quintana for the 147 belt, then Baldomir, who Floyd fought

Comment

• **** You SALUD stop poisoning the mind of PAC you already leeched him a lot of money for your nonsense advice!!!!! **** you Again!! PAC vs Mayweather should happen (if he wins in Againts Marquez).

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                  Miguel had a difficult time fending off Mosley at times during
                  their match. The way Oscar pressured PBF I could see Oscar
                  doing the same because Cotto is smaller than PBF and he wouldn't
                  respect Cotto's power. PBF was/is an inch taller than Cotto and
                  has a longer reacher with solid defensive skills. I could see a
                  Cotto/Oscar fight going in the direction of a Cotto/Margarito fight,
                  with Oscar pressing the action and Cotto moving around picking
                  his shots but technically Oscar was better than Margarito so
                  Cotto would not have been pounding on Oscar like that without
                  paying for it, plus Oscar has a solid chin. Oscar KO'd Mayorga
                  in the 5th, that means he is a big puncher. 154 Oscar that
                  fought PBF I feel would have beat Cotto but that's just my
                  opinion.
                  Having difficulty "at times" and getting KTFO are two very different things. Cotto had difficulties against Mosley, Mayorga ended the bout - and his career - flat on his back.

Count me in Cotto's corner against any version of Oscar's last chapter. With that body work the fight would end quicker than you think. Like I said, in Oscar's prime it would've been a different story (perhaps?) but you somehow want to prop the old version just because Floyd fought him. But De La Hoya hadn't had a proven win against anyone in years. Lots of 'em.

Comment

Why would I have to hate on Cotto. You just said it, Cotto is a small
                    Welter Weight so he wouldn't be able to hang with Oscar at 154.
                    Your getting it mixed up with hate and style matching.
                    Cotto would beat Oscar at 154 now, but just the fact you try to downplay like him like that clearly shows your hate, thats all im trying to say.

Comment

Corley rocked Floyd's ****? Are you smoking? Corley caught
                      Floyd flush but did he lose his composure or did he keep
                      fighting? Zab caught Floyd coming in and Floyd went back
                      and his glove touch the mat (a knock down in my book)
                      but clearly Floyd wasn't hurt because he didn't fall down
                      but more was pushed back. Are those your examples of
                      him being hurt? Look at Cotto? Rocked by Torres, Corley,
                      Judah......Come on man. Cotto would put up a fight with
                      Floyd but the way he gets tagged, he would lose. Cotto
                      has only looked dominate against guys that can't take
                      his power. Guys who are tough and can put it down
                      Cotto doesn't look dominate against.
                      as i recall cotto almost killed quintana whom in turn whupped paul williams pfff cott far more street cred that" needs money gayweather"

Comment

Working...
                      X