No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Adviser Prefers Cotto Next, Not Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by handler000 View Post
    Thats not justifying it. Thats just stating what happen to boxing. Mark my words Cotto and PAC will not fight because it would have to be at a catch weight and according to ALL of Cotto's fans he cant make anything below 147.
    I bet it will happen. There will be some pushing and pulling, but the fight will happen at about 144-145. Arum will make sure it happens as he will get all the gravy regardless.

Two pounds will not kill Cotto, but it may prevent him from coming into the fight at 160. Arum is a smart man. He knows how to make the most and milk the sport. He is not going to throw all his eggs in one basket with a fight with Floyd immediately. He needs to milk the situation some first.

Comment

He fought a past his prime SSM who had turned down a fight with FM. Fought Margs and we all know what happened. Cotto has fought 6 current or former champs. Floyd fought a part time fighter in DLH a prime JLC and Corrales. 10 or 11 current of former world champs. See you cant just look at part of his resume look at the whole resume than come to a conclusion. Now you DEFEND that. If you ask a boxing expert who will get in the hall of fame 1st, who do you think they will say?
      Who cares who gets in 1st. I promise you at the end of the day they'll both be there! And I'm not looking at part of his resume. He fought a prime castillo period! He won one and got a gift! Corralles was not in his prime my freind hewas fresh out of jail and took the fight for the money! He was out of shape and everything, that's fact! But in true floyd fashion he chose that exact time to go after him! And again you keep bagging on cotto's resume, defend Floyd's! What are his signature wins, what exactly is gonna define him. How about great talent and no heart or desire to truly test it? And oh again with former and current champs. In the lenght of entire careers cotto's opponents accomplishments will 10 times that of the opponents floyd has faced. Case in point what exactly has castillo accomplished? Where is carlos baldomir? What was ever so great about gatti besides his base. Do you know the names of the belt holderS in the major divisions? I bet u don't and u know y? Because there r so many how can u ever keep up. At the end the day names matter not titles people forget weights classes, how many titles you had, and even how much money you made. They remember the fights! And fights aren't made in opinion or what could be they r made in the ring and that's where Floyd refuses to go with the best! For the one loss or losses, the blood and guts, even taking a knee to margarito, u r gonna remeber Cotto! And his legAcy will speak for itself

Comment

• Originally posted by bray26 View Post
        Who cares who gets in 1st. I promise you at the end of the day they'll both be there! And I'm not looking at part of his resume. He fought a prime castillo period! He won one and got a gift! Corralles was not in his prime my freind hewas fresh out of jail and took the fight for the money! He was out of shape and everything, that's fact! But in true floyd fashion he chose that exact time to go after him! And again you keep bagging on cotto's resume, defend Floyd's! What are his signature wins, what exactly is gonna define him. How about great talent and no heart or desire to truly test it? And oh again with former and current champs. In the lenght of entire careers cotto's opponents accomplishments will 10 times that of the opponents floyd has faced. Case in point what exactly has castillo accomplished? Where is carlos baldomir? What was ever so great about gatti besides his base. Do you know the names of the belt holderS in the major divisions? I bet u don't and u know y? Because there r so many how can u ever keep up. At the end the day names matter not titles people forget weights classes, how many titles you had, and even how much money you made. They remember the fights! And fights aren't made in opinion or what could be they r made in the ring and that's where Floyd refuses to go with the best! For the one loss or losses, the blood and guts, even taking a knee to margarito, u r gonna remeber Cotto! And his legAcy will speak for itself
        Corrales went to jail AFTER the Mayweather fight!!! I see you are still green and just spewing nonsense. So peace to you my friend.

Corrales, a Hall of Fame cinch, had the opportunity to climb high on pound for pound lists when he accepted a challenge to hand Floyd Mayweather Jr. his first loss, on January 20, 2000. But Corrales' head wasn't fully on the task at hand, as he was facing jail time for assaulting his wife, Maria, who was pregnant at the time. He was convicted, and sentenced to two years jail time. Mayweather knocked Corrales to the floor five times, and "Chico" was stopped in the tenth round. Corrales then served 14 months in a state facility.
        Last edited by handler000; 05-12-2009, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          I bet it will happen. There will be some pushing and pulling, but the fight will happen at about 144-145. Arum will make sure it happens as he will get all the gravy regardless.

Two pounds will not kill Cotto, but it may prevent him from coming into the fight at 160. Arum is a smart man. He knows how to make the most and milk the sport. He is not going to throw all his eggs in one basket with a fight with Floyd immediately. He needs to milk the situation some first.
          I will bet you 10k points Floyd fights Pac 1st.

Comment

The only two names that define Miguel Cotto a 147 was the close
            fight with Shane and the lost to Antonio Margarito. Zab and Cotto
            fought Floyd (Floyd fought him first) Cotto fought Alfonso Gomez
            and Michael Jennings? To me, Carlos Baldomir is a better name to
            have on your resume considering Baldomir beat Zab who was the
            UNDISPUTED Welter Weight champion, was the lineal champ at
            147 and Carlos also went up to 154 at one time and fought Vernon
            Forrest. Gomez was a fighter on the show contender and Jennings
            was/is playing the drums in a band. Quintana can be considered
            a good win because he was undefeated and IF he beats Clottey
            will be a good look as well for him. But in all actuality, what has
            Miguel Cotto really achieved at 147 besides beating Mosley and
            losing to Anotnio Margarito? All his titles were won vacantly?
            Floyd beat the men who were the big deal at 147 at the time and
            took their titles. Your talking about fighting the best names
            but Alfonso Gomez and Michael Jennings has got to be the biggest
            X'S on Miguel Cotto's resume and is the worst and weakest competition than any fighter Floyd has fought by far.
            Last edited by GRUSTLER; 05-11-2009, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Corrales went to jail AFTER the Mayweather fight!!! I see you are still green and just spewing nonsense. So peace to you my friend.
              You're right , I was wrong

Comment

• cotto at ww/title would better pac's legacy than a mayweather win

he would break henry armstrongs record

Comment

You're right , I was wrong
                  Green K to you my friend for doing your homework.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                    The only two names that define Miguel Cotto a 147 was the close
                    fight with Shane and the lost to Antonio Margarito. Zab and Cotto
                    fought Floyd (Floyd fought him first) Cotto fought Alfonso Gomez
                    and Michael Jennings? To me, Carlos Baldomir is a better name to
                    have on your resume considering Baldomir beat Zab who was the
                    UNDISPUTED Welter Weight champion, was the lineal champ at
                    147 and Carlos also went up to 154 at one time and fought Vernon
                    Forrest. Gomez was a fighter on the show contender and Jennings
                    was/is playing the drums in a band. Quintana can be considered
                    a good win because he was undefeated and IF he beats Clottey
                    will be a good look as well for him. But in all actuality, what has
                    Miguel Cotto really achieved at 147 besides beating Mosley and
                    losing to Anotnio Margarito? All his titles were won vacantly?
                    Floyd beat the men who were the big deal at 147 at the time and
                    took their titles. Your talking about fighting the best names
                    but Alfonso Gomez and Michael Jennings has got to be the biggest
                    X'S on Miguel Cotto's resume and is the worst and weakest competition than any fighter Floyd has fought by far.
                    I appreciate how you broke that down for me and you got me looking at it in a different light but in your opinion even u just give him credit for shane. Does floyd have that kind of fighter on his resume?

Comment

Also Sharmba Mitchell looks better to me at 147 then Oktay Urkal.
                      I can understand people giving Cotto props for fighting Mosley and
                      Margarito but to say Cotto has fought better competition than Floyd
                      Mayweather Jr throughout their careers would be going too far
                      in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X