• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
    I think the best scenerio is Cotto/Mosley 2 to clean up the Welter
    Weight Division (Unless Clottey beats Cotto) and Pacquiao/Mayweather
    then the winner of each fight puts it all on the line because Cotto/Mosley
    have unfinished business and history between them:

Cotto>Mosley>Margarito>Cotto>Mosley>Margarito= Mosley/Cotto2!
    Well with my scenario, a Cotto vs Mosley rematch is possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
      I was posting, and giving Manny props, on the morning after the fight. Shame Ricky forgot to duck, though!

You can't rationally criticise Cotto for fighting Jennings after taking a brutal beating. If he had beaten Marg, he certainly wouldn't have fought Jennings next.

As for whether he'd have fought Williams next if he'd beaten Margarito, I don't know, but if he hadn't, it would have been because of the Arum-Hayman feud, not because Cotto was ducking.
      Miguel Cotto IF he would have beaten Antonio Margarito would have
      fought in a mega payday with Oscar De La Hoya and if he would have
      won that fight then Floyd Mayweather Jr was going to get at him
      for all the marbles at 147 and Roger already said they were eyeing
      Cotto but wanted to see how he would do against Antonio Margarito.

Comment

In 1998, Mayweather won his first world title, the WBC junior lightweight (130 lb) championship, when the corner of Genaro Hernandez stopped the fight after round 8. Hernandez had never been defeated at the weight class.
        De la Hoya took his 0 in 1995 at 135lb

Comment

• Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
          chill with that cotto ****.......neither arum, NOR cotto had expressed interest in making that fight before floyd retired....hell, larry merchant expressed more interest in the fight than either cotto or arum, for that matter....
          Whateverrrrrrr, bro. That fight was needing to happen before Mayweather went AWOL. It was either Cotto or Margarito at that time. Dude take off your "money" goggles and see what happened with your own two eyes. Floyd ducked out of boxing so he wouldn't be pressured to fight Margo or Cotto. It's pretty obvious!

Comment

• Originally posted by handler000 View Post
            Dave. Read the article again (ESPN)...Better yet I will copy it just for you.

The vacant title could be filled by a match between the WBO's leading contenders, former titlist Miguel Cotto and England's Michael Jennings, although it remains to be seen if either side is interested in the fight.
            It says exactly what I said it said. It says the title was already vacant when the article was written; that no fight had been signed; that the WBO's two leading contenders were Cotto and (rather ridiculously) Jennings; and that neither boxer had yet expressed any interest in fighting the other at that point.
            Last edited by Dave Rado; 05-11-2009, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              Well with my scenario, a Cotto vs Mosley rematch is possible.
              I'd rather see Cotto/Mosley 2 after Clottey IF Cotto wins then seeing
              a Pacquiao/Cotto fight. I'd prefer to see Mayweather Jr/Pacquiao
              before the end of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by handler000 View Post
                Schaefer said it best. Floyd is the new DLH of PPV so he doesnt have to wait in line. PAC has proved in his last 2 fights its about the money and FMJ brings the most money.
                You know what? That simply does not wash. You want to be P4P#1? well be prepared to fight guys deserving of that role even if they don't measure up financially. That is exactly what is wrong with this sport.

You want to be a legend, then get out and fight like one. Every fight does ot have to be a 20 million dollar fight. What is wrong with 10 Million and keep active? Floyd could have made about another 60 million during those two years he decised to party on the vegas strip.

Sorry but Cotto and Mosley paid their dues and deserve a shot at Manny more than anyone. You cannot close the door on the bread and butter of the sport just because they don't measure up financially. That is a terrible way of thinking. With that way of thinking they would never get a shot and always have the door closed on them.
                Last edited by deanrw; 05-11-2009, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FistoftheDallasStar View Post
                  Floyd ducked out of boxing so he wouldn't be pressured to fight Margo or Cotto. It's pretty obvious!
                  His next fight was supposed to be a rematch with DLH when he retired, so I don't see your logic. I agree with you that he should have fought Cotto or Margs before retiring, but I don't see any evidence that they were his reason for retiring. If they were, he'd just have gone ahead with the DLH rematch, made another $20 million, and then retired.

Comment

• Originally posted by FistoftheDallasStar View Post
                    Whateverrrrrrr, bro. That fight was needing to happen before Mayweather went AWOL. It was either Cotto or Margarito at that time. Dude take off your "money" goggles and see what happened with your own two eyes. Floyd ducked out of boxing so he wouldn't be pressured to fight Margo or Cotto. It's pretty obvious!
                    Nah brother, Floyd had another MEGA payday with Oscar De La Hoya
                    lined up but Oscar wanted it to be the same split and Floyd wasn't
                    feeling that. I'm sure if Cotto was where Manny is right now that
                    Floyd would have been kracking at him. Floyd's motivation is
                    being in the lime light and on everybody's mind. WE may want
                    the Cotto/Mayweather fight but Floyd doesn't. I heard an interview
                    with Roger on Youtube and he said after Pac they want Mosley.

Comment

I'd rather see Cotto/Mosley 2 after Clottey IF Cotto wins then seeing
                      a Pacquiao/Cotto fight. I'd prefer to see Mayweather Jr/Pacquiao
                      before the end of the year.
                      If they contractual make the Winner of Manny and Floyd fight the Winner of Cotto Mosley, then i would be all for it. I'm just afraid that floyd will pull the money issue thing and avoid them otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                      X