Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Adviser Prefers Cotto Next, Not Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sO THE ADVISERS SAY COTTO IS THE EASIER FIGHT THAT PACMAN SHOULD WIN... BUT ROACH SAYS PACMAN CAN BEAT FLOYD REGARDLESS...

WHO'S WHAT? AND WHO'S BEEN PICKING WHO HE FIGHTS ALL THIS TIME?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
      Salud said:
      "So why fight Mayweather this year and maybe affect your chances in the elections. Manny should take on Cotto, beat him, then run for Congress, and face Mayweather later on."

He definitely seems to me to be taking it completely for granted that Pac would beat Cotto. He's saying that Pac might lose to Mayweather but would definitely beat Cotto, which, unless Cotto performs badly against Clottey, looks like major hubris to me.
      that's just wishful thinking. you're taking it too seriously

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdcolon View Post
        I'm very happy about this! I'm a Cotto fan first but also a big fan of Pac Man. Most of all I'm a true fight fan! That is a fight that will be entertaining! It will be a war and pac is very much a challenge for Cotto. In Arums eyes it's a win, win situation. They are both his fighters.....PAC-MAN WINS, YOU GOT SUPER FIGHT WITH PAC-MAN/FLOYD....COTTO WINS,...SUPER FIGHT WITH COTTO/FLOYD, PAC GOES BACK DOWN HAS SUPERFIGHT WITH MARQUEZ AT MORE REALISTIC WEIGHT FOR BOTH FIGHTERS...HA! AMAZING HUH? NOW IT'S ALL STARTING TO MAKE SENCE TO YOU , RIGHT? As long as Marquez and Pac fight these bigger guys with honer they will loose no repect in a loss in most eyes . Don't be suprised though. Both can possibly beat the bigger guys...anyways Cotto has his hands full with Clottey..
        I agree u 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by elwills View Post
          co-sign. I agree 100%, Manny can't handle boxers very well. Milking fighters is the name of the game these days.
          you got that right man. Look at what happened to MC Hammer: guy got really rich then he sold albums; had his own tv show, and when Dr Dre showed up he was milked dry and kicked to the curb. Same thing happened to MAB when he no longer could produce for GBP...to the curb as well. it is all business, PPV's, Hype and fat wallets.
          Top Rank, Golden boy, Don King > Our wallets or Purses for you female boxing fans.

Comment

• Why does Pac want Cotto instead of Mayweather, because Cotto is the biggest fraud out there. Who has Cotto beat? Mosely, which was a hometown decision, ok I'll give you that. No other top WW, Quintana is a bum. Zab was a bottom feeder by the time Cotto got to him, Margo had plaster in his hands, but not in his chin, he walked through Cotto punches like they were slaps.

Comment

• Interesting point the one from Roach, but that joker talking like if Cotto is a walk in the park......what is scary is the way Roach predicts fights(Hatton Fight), and how he really uses the opponents weaknesses to his own advantage....

Comment

• Originally posted by ricky1978 View Post
                what is scary is the way Roach predicts fights(Hatton Fight), and how he really uses the opponents weaknesses to his own advantage....
                Yes the way he noticed and exploited Hatton's vulnerability to the right hook, a vulnerability which I'd never seen anyone else comment on before the fight (everyone expected Pac to focus on the straight left) was pure brilliance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorruel View Post
                  I was just playing if you didnt relise, but Roger also said Floyd was the GOAT so i doubt he would fight Cotto, talk is cheap
                  I just proved you wrong bruh. Cotto is a good fighter but not convinced
                  that he is that dangerous of a fighter to make a guy with Floyd's boxing
                  skill level afraid of him. Now Pacquiao's people don't even want to
                  fight Cotto because there's nothing to gain.

Comment

• Originally posted by formarkiz View Post
                    Why does Pac want Cotto instead of Mayweather, because Cotto is the biggest fraud out there. Who has Cotto beat? Mosely, which was a hometown decision, ok I'll give you that. No other top WW, Quintana is a bum. Zab was a bottom feeder by the time Cotto got to him, Margo had plaster in his hands, but not in his chin, he walked through Cotto punches like they were slaps.
                    Ha ha ha ha!! Man, you nailed it right on the nose.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                      I just proved you wrong bruh. Cotto is a good fighter but not convinced
                      that he is that dangerous of a fighter to make a guy with Floyd's boxing
                      skill level afraid of him. Now Pacquiao's people don't even want to
                      fight Cotto because there's nothing to gain.
                      You know Grus, even though I'm an admitted Floyd detractor I've never viewed Cotto as a threatening opponent for Floyd. He's too open for uppercuts and he fades at the end of fights. Add that to the fact that he has a history of cutting inside his mouth and this fight spells disaster for Cotto. I view Shane and Paul as the tougher challenges for Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X