Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do many (not all) people consider Earnie Shavers the hardest puncher of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ivich View Post

In my mind it makes Larry look heroic!
    Very. When Holmes arose, everyone fighting at heavyweight to make their living knew that it would be a long road ahead.
    Ivich Ivich JAB5239 JAB5239 like this.

Comment

• I feel some company in the 70s missed out on a golden opportunity to make a men's grooming kit or razor named after Shavers and have Earnie endorse it. Maybe if he had won more big fights. Just think of the slogan possibilities. "Always stay clean and smooth with your own Earnie Shavers. Men, never travel anywhere without it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        I feel some company in the 70s missed out on a golden opportunity to make a men's grooming kit or razor named after Shavers and have Earnie endorse it. Maybe if he had won more big fights. Just think of the slogan possibilities. "Always stay clean and smooth with your own Earnie Shavers. Men, never travel anywhere without it."
        Weaver chicken vs. Tyson chicken

Comment

• Only crazy idiots who dont watch others think he hit harder then anybody he isn't top 10

Comment

• My favorite one-punch artists are Shavers and Julian Jackson.

In The Ring mag, in an article signed by Jackson, he reveals that
            I really wanted to fight Sugar Ray Leonard. I wanted Leonard so bad … I thought it might happen after I beat Terry Norris. But Norris got the Leonard fight …
            It ticked me off so much that I went to the weigh-in for Leonard-Norris. After Leonard got off the scale, I yelled, “You can’t call yourself a champion when you’re fighting a guy I beat!”
            Leonard calmly said, “I hear you, Julian, but you know what? You hit too hard.”

Pretty cool reply, Mr. Leonard.

JAB5239 JAB5239 likes this.

Comment

• Shavers and Foreman were two of biggest punchers in my lifetime. I've seen Foreman clip fighters on the jaw and knock them out. Shavers was a big puncher and that's it. Not sure if this is true. when Shavers fought Jimmy Elis. Ellis broke Shavers jaw then 20 seconds later Shavers KOed Ellis for the count 200. All in the first round. Not the only big punchers but two of the biggest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
                My favorite one-punch artists are Shavers and Julian Jackson.

In The Ring mag, in an article signed by Jackson, he reveals that
                I really wanted to fight Sugar Ray Leonard. I wanted Leonard so bad … I thought it might happen after I beat Terry Norris. But Norris got the Leonard fight …
                It ticked me off so much that I went to the weigh-in for Leonard-Norris. After Leonard got off the scale, I yelled, “You can’t call yourself a champion when you’re fighting a guy I beat!”
                Leonard calmly said, “I hear you, Julian, but you know what? You hit too hard.”

Pretty cool reply, Mr. Leonard.
                Yeah wise choice for Leonard at that stage in his career, if ever. Jackson was so dangerous

Comment

• Originally posted by moneytheman View Post
                  Only crazy idiots who dont watch others think he hit harder then anybody he isn't top 10
                  Only crazy idiot here is you...
                  The Old LefHook The Old LefHook likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    I feel some company in the 70s missed out on a golden opportunity to make a men's grooming kit or razor named after Shavers and have Earnie endorse it. Maybe if he had won more big fights. Just think of the slogan possibilities. "Always stay clean and smooth with your own Earnie Shavers. Men, never travel anywhere without it."
                    The acorn!

Comment

• Originally posted by mrbig1 View Post
                      Shavers and Foreman were two of biggest punchers in my lifetime. I've seen Foreman clip fighters on the jaw and knock them out. Shavers was a big puncher and that's it. Not sure if this is true. when Shavers fought Jimmy Elis. Ellis broke Shavers jaw then 20 seconds later Shavers KOed Ellis for the count 200. All in the first round. Not the only big punchers but two of the biggest.
                      Well your living still time to watch the 80s-00s you will see people who hit way harder with better tech only a stuck person would say what you said as if nobody else ever existed which is idiotic
                      Last edited by Ascended; 07-10-2022, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X