Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do many (not all) people consider Earnie Shavers the hardest puncher of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Money is giving away boxing wisdom, amo get me some. I won't let his pugnacious attitude deny me his knowledge.

Comment

• I like this vid featuring Shavers.

In the mid-70s, Howard Smith was considered to be the hardest puncher among the heavyweight prospects.
      His future looked more promising than another prospect at the time, i.e. Larry Holmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by YGriffith View Post
        I feel like alot of superheavyweights punch harder than him and foreman.

I am certain that Wilder is the hardest punchers in history, wladimir is up there too.
        vid proves you right but since your here with a bunch of crazy idiots they can't see vid they think it doesn't exist or they can see but not to good so the person there watching they think its not as we can see it
        either way its crazy
        Last edited by Ascended; 07-11-2022, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Maybe. But like Teddy Atlas said on the Ringside episode on Rocky Marciano. It's not just about how hard you can hit. But also how accurate someone is and scoring those crucial KOs when it counts most. Like they call it in other sports, coming through in the clutch/under pressure. Wlad didn't do that later in his career against Fury or AJ. He didn't step up against those better contenders. Be it past prime or not as good, he didn't get it done when it counted then, but had a good run before that. Wilder seems to rely a little too much on his punching power, especially on his right hand. Gotta have a plan B, as we saw when Ronda Rousey could no longer take down anyone and win with just an armbar. Even Joe Frazier effectively landed and won with more than his trademark left hook from time to time or Marciano his Suzy Q right hand. I like him though.
          Stupid quotes doesn't matter if a person is fighting a big name or not power is power

George hit mutiple no names many times before they even were stopped let alone dropped that should tell you there he isn't even top 10

Lennox hits way hardee then George Anthony does to bowe and others its easy to see this

Comment

• [QUOTE=Willie Pep 229;n31490956]
            Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            Money has killed us all with powerful logic. This cannot be denied, no matter how you feel about him personally. The man speaks plain, batting off objectors like flies. He must be given his due, by buggery. Learn from him! [/QUOTE]

OK should I hit myself first in the head with a ball-peen hammer or a straight claw?

Actually I had close to a reasonsble interaction with him over Dempsey's movement in the first minute of the Willard fight, I think I did.

He's kind of an unintentional Queenie, you got to figure out the message like it is a puzzle.

He's never met punctuation he didn't hate and refuse to use.
            Getting glasses would be good enough for you all
            Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
              I like this vid featuring Shavers.

In the mid-70s, Howard Smith was considered to be the hardest puncher among the heavyweight prospects.
              His future looked more promising than another prospect at the time, i.e. Larry Holmes.

Agreed.

Comment

• [QUOTE=moneytheman;n31491103]
                Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Getting glasses would be good enough for you all
                - - A white cane would improve U movement.

Comment

• [QUOTE=QueensburyRules;n31491482]
                  Originally posted by moneytheman View Post

- - A white cane would improve U movement.
                  You realize that is not my post you are replying to! - Why is my attached to that statement?

Boy this is all phucked up - I was replying to Queensbury.
                  Last edited by Willie Pep 229; 07-12-2022, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Willie Pep 229;n31491729][QUOTE=QueensburyRules;n31491482]

You realize that is not my post you are replying to! - Why is my attached to that statement?

- - Sorry Pep, that's just the way mrmonkeyman operates. His slow movements have "piled" up since he lost his exlax prescription.
                    Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X