Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford To Spence: Take Your Panties Off And Sign The Contract!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spence playing the Waiting Game

Clearly Crawford wants to fight and has been taunting Spence. But Spence is waiting for Crawford to show decline.

Meaning Spence doesn't believe he can beat Crawford.

And when Crawford does decline, he won't fight Spence or anybody else. He'll retire on his own terms. He said as much in interviews.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      Would you give Top Rank and Crawford the same pass your giving the PBC & Spence? I seriously doubt you would.

Do you want to see the fight or did you prefer Spence-Garcia and do you prefer Spence-Danny Garcia? As a boxing fan you should hope Spence just says **** it and tries to make it? It will make money for them and be good for the fans. You are speculating that Arum would do that. Maybe he would. But you’d never give him the same pass.

Crawford made a guarantee of $5m before PPV vs. Khan, whereas Porter and Spence was $2m each. Crawford gets a minimum guarantee of $3.5m per fight with this new contract.

My last question is, do you think Charlo should sign for a different promoter since the PBC aren’t paying him Crawford money nor landing him meaningful fights?

I feel a lot of PBC fanboys are cool missing out on Crawford-Spence because they don’t like what the result will be and that’s weird to me. Why are boxing fans so emotionally behind promoters these days? It should be about the fighters and the best fights.
      first off...crawford made a guarantee and probably didnt make much more considering what khans guarantee also was...you remember that right? and with the overall sales of that i dont think there was much upside for crawford

and its long been known that als big names always get side checks....its likely that spence was taking home at least as much as crawford did....but thats nonconsequential anyways

yeah...if arum was doing this id say "its what arum does...im not suprised" because well thats what arum does if he has the resources...it wouldnt shock me and i wouldnt be suprised...id say "from a company standpoint it makes sense...he has a bunch of guys he can put against each other, in good fights, and still make money....so i get it".......bob has done this before and you know hed do it again in a heartbeat if he had the PBC WW roster....id expect it out of him so i wouldnt knock him for it

of course i want to see spence/crawford..and no i dont prefer spence/garcia...but from a company perspective I get it...and Id get it if bob was doing it too....i believe spence/crawford is going to happen I just hope both are still unbeaten making it a big fight....i believe the pbc will be looking to do this in 2021....they arent looking to help top rank or do things on crawford timetable......thats just how the business works

you are just in denial here that business side of boxing exists and is part of the sport because you are on the wrong side of it here......if I said "the best fight the best and the best fights than why did golovkin tell ward no and fight dom wade and a WW" youd give me some tired BS about how it just made sense for golovkin....all promoters and fighters make business decisions.....golovkin made fun of canelo for khan then turned around and fought brook cause it was good money and UK exposure.....so dont give me this "best fights" BS(but im sure you will try to sell me the line the promoters did about how that was really the only fight available to them lol)

im not scared of anything....if spence loses he loses...i wouldnt lose a wink of sleep over it....hes a fave of mine...but bud is too..i like him alot....i could care less who wins....accept that business is a part of it and crawford is on the wrong side right now......the pbc will still want this fight....after they make some good inhouse fights for their company and get their guys paid in the process....cause we know thats what bob would do and he has done it......

bob cant go around and talk all the noise he does about his top competion and then expect them to come running to him when they dont need to

in the end spence could be coming to the table with 3 belts and several decently successfull ppvs under his belt....can crawford potentially say that?(I want u to really think about this and answer).

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        first off...crawford made a guarantee and probably didnt make much more considering what khans guarantee also was...you remember that right? and with the overall sales of that i dont think there was much upside for crawford

and its long been known that als big names always get side checks....its likely that spence was taking home at least as much as crawford did....but thats nonconsequential anyways

yeah...if arum was doing this id say "its what arum does...im not suprised" because well thats what arum does if he has the resources...it wouldnt shock me and i wouldnt be suprised...id say "from a company standpoint it makes sense...he has a bunch of guys he can put against each other, in good fights, and still make money....so i get it".......bob has done this before and you know hed do it again in a heartbeat if he had the PBC WW roster....id expect it out of him so i wouldnt knock him for it

of course i want to see spence/crawford..and no i dont prefer spence/garcia...but from a company perspective I get it...and Id get it if bob was doing it too....i believe spence/crawford is going to happen I just hope both are still unbeaten making it a big fight....i believe the pbc will be looking to do this in 2021....they arent looking to help top rank or do things on crawford timetable......thats just how the business works

you are just in denial here that business side of boxing exists and is part of the sport because you are on the wrong side of it here......if I said "the best fight the best and the best fights than why did golovkin tell ward no and fight dom wade and a WW" youd give me some tired BS about how it just made sense for golovkin....all promoters and fighters make business decisions.....golovkin made fun of canelo for khan then turned around and fought brook cause it was good money and UK exposure.....so dont give me this "best fights" BS(but im sure you will try to sell me the line the promoters did about how that was really the only fight available to them lol)

im not scared of anything....if spence loses he loses...i wouldnt lose a wink of sleep over it....hes a fave of mine...but bud is too..i like him alot....i could care less who wins....accept that business is a part of it and crawford is on the wrong side right now......the pbc will still want this fight....after they make some good inhouse fights for their company and get their guys paid in the process....cause we know thats what bob would do and he has done it......

bob cant go around and talk all the noise he does about his top competion and then expect them to come running to him when they dont need to

in the end spence could be coming to the table with 3 belts and several decently successfull ppvs under his belt....can crawford potentially say that?(I want u to really think about this and answer).
        Whatever Khan made is irrelevant. Crawford got more guaranteed than Spence and Porter combined. I doubt their PPV sold all that well too. Spence-Garcia sold more due to Garcia. The Hispanic fan base runs boxing in America.

Crawford hasn’t proven to be a seller yet. I doubt he will be. He’s got the respect of being ranked in everyone’s pound for pound top two though and he’s known enough to have been one of HBO’s most viewed boxers and his regular ESPN appearances so he’s known. By 2021 both guys will be a little past their best and the fight currently makes the most financial sense for both sides. Maybe Pacquaio but wasn’t that a terrible fight when Pacquaio lost to Horn and was old? Spence-Garcia is trash in comparison. Why not just try and make it in good faith now and Pacquaio and Garcia will be there afterwards? Marination is crap. You lose fans and lose out on good fights.

Golovkin talk is tired. I get it, he’s a bum and a boring fighter and a coward etc; I remember Ward wanted “tune-ups” too. It’s all a big meh to me.

What’s your take on Charlo? Should he ditch the PBC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
          Give Boots some time to develop. A lot of time, he's still a baby
          I don't know? I know he's only 22 years old, but he's 24-0 w/ 22 KOs! You know who Errol Spence was fighting in his 22nd fight? Kell Brook! You know who Terence Crawford was fighting in his 24th fight? Yuriorkis Gamboa! Come to think about it, Tank Davis only has 22 fights, and he's a star! So I think Boots should fight Jamal James or Josesito Lopez next, and then if he does it like I think he will, it's time for the Top 5!

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
            I have no problem with this call out, would've made more of a impact if he showed up to Spence Jr vs Porter and did this at their Post Fight Presser maybe

I want to see this fight so if trash talking will get this fight done faster then have at it. Spence Jr. now have 2 Belts as well as a major network promoting the hell out of him. Danny Garcia is a solid opponents and potential fighting Pacquiao is even BETTER! Crawford on the other hand, he kinda needs this to happen now, I think Arum recently said that they not making any Big PPV Fights for him unless it is vs Spence Jr and dismissed Porter and the others at 147 so that is a problem as well.

Bud needs to call out his own promoter and the network he fights on, they're NOT doing anything to build up Spence Jr vs Crawford further. While Fox is going all in for Spence Jr! Even if they both take one more fight, why not set a date or Time Frame for 2020 like Wilder and Fury as done for their Rematch. If they can make Wilder vs Fury II then they can make Spence Jr vs Crawford.

How about a trade off, ESPN gets Wilder vs Fury II Exclusive and FOX gets Spence Jr vs Crawford...EVERYBODY WINS! Spence Jr vs Crawford is not big enough RIGHT NOW to split that fight between networks but trash talking like this can help build it up
            A lot will be riding on Wilder vs. Fury II. If that is a co-promotion, then we'll see if that's worth it or not! Numbers don't lie! Also, keep in mind that Wilder vs. Fury II was a go before Arum got involved! I know Haymon had to be pissed about that! Then the whole "Black" thing that Arum went on a rant about couldn't help either! Lastly, remember who sued whom! Bob and Oscar sued Haymon and they both lost! Haymon can't keep "turning the other cheek!" These cats are trying to destroy him!

Comment

• This isn't The View old ladies taking crap. The best fight the best everything else is just bull talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                Whatever Khan made is irrelevant. Crawford got more guaranteed than Spence and Porter combined. I doubt their PPV sold all that well too. Spence-Garcia sold more due to Garcia. The Hispanic fan base runs boxing in America.

Crawford hasn’t proven to be a seller yet. I doubt he will be. He’s got the respect of being ranked in everyone’s pound for pound top two though and he’s known enough to have been one of HBO’s most viewed boxers and his regular ESPN appearances so he’s known. By 2021 both guys will be a little past their best and the fight currently makes the most financial sense for both sides. Maybe Pacquaio but wasn’t that a terrible fight when Pacquaio lost to Horn and was old? Spence-Garcia is trash in comparison. Why not just try and make it in good faith now and Pacquaio and Garcia will be there afterwards? Marination is crap. You lose fans and lose out on good fights.

Golovkin talk is tired. I get it, he’s a bum and a boring fighter and a coward etc; I remember Ward wanted “tune-ups” too. It’s all a big meh to me.

What’s your take on Charlo? Should he ditch the PBC?
                spence/mikey sold cause of garcia yet spence is selling tickets everywhere lol....there was a thread not long ago busting the myth that mikey helped sell that

what khan did make is relevant...why? simply because bob had to pay khan more than most...meaning that would limit any upside that crawford could make seeing as he had to guarantee crawfords opponent the same money

you still deny the pbc sidechecks...its long been proven als top guys make more than their listed purses...even in non ppv settings....its just a fact of life right now that only the biggest pbc haters will deny...fighters have posted them checks

respect that crawford has will mean little if spence has 3 belts and 3 good ppvs under his belt.....respect for crawford wont stop spences team for asking more than 50 percent in that event....

spence doesnt need the fight now thats why....its crawford that is desperate.....al haymon can potentially make garcia/spence and get both of his guys good paydays and still come out with the winner(the ole bob arum method right) and take all the money.....yeah its not a great fight.....but just because you want it now for crawford doesnt mean they are going to give it to you.......

its like you completely understand the situation but are in total denial.....you cant even see the correlation to golovkin...when golovkin makes business decisions is ok to everyone....when haymon and the pbc makes one you all of the sudden dont care about none of that stuff and its "best fights i want the best fights i want the best fighting the best"....thats whats wrong with boxing fans like you...you act like you are different...youve been doing it for awhile...youre just like everyone else.......you can tell me what you think I think of golovkin but i dont care...i dont think he stinks or a is a bum...ive suggested hes taken an easier path and is overrated thats all

but look at the double standard...hes the darling and the pbc is hated....golovkin goes and makes fun of canelo for fighting khan and then fights brook and the golovkin fans yell "oh good payday and the UK exposure"....when the pbc does the thing best for them you all cry about how the fight needs to be now lol

when floyd wanted to fight pac years ago and bob stalled all that to make inhouse fights you all believed bob because you wanted to....when it was clear as day what bob was doing....now you all crying about the best fights and their expiration date....lol

2021 is fine....deal with it....spence still has another belt to grab if he wants and a good ppv fight there if it happens with pac....the danny fight is still one that will garner some interest

i know its sucks for you the prospect that spence could have 3 belts and several ppvs under his belt when he goes to the table with crawford making crawford have to consider less than 50 percent of the pie...the thought of that probably eats at you a little...or else you wouldnt be here crying and youd fully understand it makes sense for spence and the oufit that he works with

Comment

• Spence should just man up and fight Crawford. This is boxing. Get it done.

This is like GGG chasing Canelo.

The girls always run away....

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    spence/mikey sold cause of garcia yet spence is selling tickets everywhere lol....there was a thread not long ago busting the myth that mikey helped sell that

what khan did make is relevant...why? simply because bob had to pay khan more than most...meaning that would limit any upside that crawford could make seeing as he had to guarantee crawfords opponent the same money

you still deny the pbc sidechecks...its long been proven als top guys make more than their listed purses...even in non ppv settings....its just a fact of life right now that only the biggest pbc haters will deny...fighters have posted them checks

respect that crawford has will mean little if spence has 3 belts and 3 good ppvs under his belt.....respect for crawford wont stop spences team for asking more than 50 percent in that event....

spence doesnt need the fight now thats why....its crawford that is desperate.....al haymon can potentially make garcia/spence and get both of his guys good paydays and still come out with the winner(the ole bob arum method right) and take all the money.....yeah its not a great fight.....but just because you want it now for crawford doesnt mean they are going to give it to you.......

its like you completely understand the situation but are in total denial.....you cant even see the correlation to golovkin...when golovkin makes business decisions is ok to everyone....when haymon and the pbc makes one you all of the sudden dont care about none of that stuff and its "best fights i want the best fights i want the best fighting the best"....thats whats wrong with boxing fans like you...you act like you are different...youve been doing it for awhile...youre just like everyone else.......you can tell me what you think I think of golovkin but i dont care...i dont think he stinks or a is a bum...ive suggested hes taken an easier path and is overrated thats all

but look at the double standard...hes the darling and the pbc is hated....golovkin goes and makes fun of canelo for fighting khan and then fights brook and the golovkin fans yell "oh good payday and the UK exposure"....when the pbc does the thing best for them you all cry about how the fight needs to be now lol

when floyd wanted to fight pac years ago and bob stalled all that to make inhouse fights you all believed bob because you wanted to....when it was clear as day what bob was doing....now you all crying about the best fights and their expiration date....lol

2021 is fine....deal with it....spence still has another belt to grab if he wants and a good ppv fight there if it happens with pac....the danny fight is still one that will garner some interest

i know its sucks for you the prospect that spence could have 3 belts and several ppvs under his belt when he goes to the table with crawford making crawford have to consider less than 50 percent of the pie...the thought of that probably eats at you a little...or else you wouldnt be here crying and youd fully understand it makes sense for spence and the oufit that he works with
                    It's just a fact that the Hispanic fans drive the PPV in America. If Spence-Porter (a far better fight) did less sales (than Mikey and Spence), surely that's some kind of proof, right?

You didn't give Joshua the same kind of pass when he fought Klitschko then Parker but then you gave Wilder a pass when he turned down a huge offer. Can you admit that you have a bias at least? The side that you don't like or the fighter that you don't like is always the one being ducked but when your side (PBC guys) come out and admit they are looking at different (inferior and less challenging) fights then you change your tune and defend it. You don't think it's odd that your side is never in the wrong and the side/fighter you dislike is always in the wrong? You are still not over Golovkin moving up and fighting Ward, whilst waiting on a far better and bigger fight with Canelo yet your defending Spence from swerving the match and Crawford is the smaller man who's moved into his division. If you had consistency, you'd at least be disappointed with Spence since that's THE fight.

I don't really care who makes more money and it certainly doesn't "eat at me" that Spence may ask for more than Crawford. I don't see a penny of it. I'll lose money because I'll have to spend to attend it. Not sure why PBC cheerleaders celebrate their fighters money like that. How is that side check stuff legal? Surely, it's unethical at least, paying under the table and all? My point is that people act like Crawford is frozen out, but he's making more than PBC guys. Do you think Spence got more than $3/4m in "side checks" and PPV upside from the Porter fight? I don't. Crawford's deal is $5m minimum plus PPV upside regardless if it's Khan or not. I think a good deal for a Crawford-Spence fight would be Top Rank pays their guy a minimum, Spence gets his minimum from PBC and the split is what it is. It's not going to do Golovkin-Clenelo numbers.

What's your take on Charlo? I'm genuinely interested. Surely, he's got to leave PBC, right? Or are those suspect checks paying him more than Sergiy's $5.5 from Saturday and poor Golovkin's $15.25m?

Comment

• It's time for Spence to recognize, P4P #1 is calling you out....make the fight or, duck and keep making PBC weak WW stable match ups!

Comment

Working...
                      X