Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I'd Like to Sign Both Charlo Brothers, Pay Them More Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DocGreenThumb. View Post
    Ok walk away from more money that He wasnt't going to make fighting Charlo. Jermall went silent when the big dog walked in the room. So called Lion turned into a kitty kat. The angle that Jacobs has a fight so I'm going to call him out and groupie fan boys like you believe this shyt. GTFOH BROWN NOSE WIPE IT OFF already!
    I'm calling out JRazor! If he don't fight me tomorrow he duckin!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Sulecki is ranked at LMW (WBC,IBF) and MW (WBA), which is weird.

Maybe Jacobs/Murata will happen next because both will have fought in April. Maybe we'll get Derevyanchenko (IBF #1) vs. Jacobs (IBF #3) for the belt instead. Unlike Jermall, Jacobs is ranked in every sanctioning body; therefore, he seems to have more opponent options.

Jermall's issue is inactivity. 2 fights in 2016, one fight in 2017, and one fight this year. They need to continue building on his positive momentum, regardless if he gets a title shot next. He beat someone (Heiland) who complacently sat on the #1 position, and I hope that Jermall doesn't do the same.
      They're all sitting and waiting on GGG and Canelo! Even GGG is scared to risk his chances at Canelo! They're all scared to take risks and miss out on the money train! Hopefully the IBF strips GGG soon. I think Dervy will become more attractive in a title fight, vice a non-title fight! If Arum makes Murata a star in Japan, he might become more attractive too! It would help if they (WBA) ordered Murata vs. the winner of Jacobs vs. Sulecki too!

Comment

• Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel on it all. Centeno bounced back with the win against Aleem, who was hot coming off the KO win of Khytrov (sp?), but he looked bad against Sulecki. J-Rock is a skilled boxer but he seemed a little hesitant of Gallimore's power and I think maybe that chin is a little suspect.

The Heiland fight was painful to watch and I have no clue how he was allowed to fight when he could barely walk.

The Charlos seem to be skilled fundamentally and have recently been starching the opponents placed before them. They haven't been placed in true adversity that would answer what questions we have about them.

Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
        The Aleem fight was a good win, but it was strange; Aleem was walking him down pretty easily then goes down on one pretty harmless looking shot.

I like J Rock, but he is not a top level guy at all, come on. He is probably top ten at 154? That's not really that impressive. If he had beaten Trout or someone good in his last 3 fights, I would agree he 'bounced back.' But the only guy of note J Rock fought is Charlo, and he proved he could box with Jermall but he couldn't be in with a big puncher.

Heiland would have been a test imo if he was healthy. Just unfortunate he wasn't. Not really Charlo's fault.

My main point is Jermall has fought Trout; and Jermell has fought Vanes and Rosado. Those are the only 3 real guys they have ever fought, and they went the distance in each fight with no KDs. Jermell was getting cleanly outboxed by John Jackson for God's sakes.

I like the Charlos and think they are improving, I just think people are putting too much on them right now based on what they've shown. Similar to what people were doing with Andrade; then he went life and death with Culcay and everyone dropped him.

When Jermall next fights a guy with a big punch, it will be the first time he has done so. No one really knows what his level is yet, but he does look the part.

Comment

• Hearn is getting so annoying....does this idiot ever shutup?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
            The Aleem fight was a good win, but it was strange; Aleem was walking him down pretty easily then goes down on one pretty harmless looking shot.

I like J Rock, but he is not a top level guy at all, come on. He is probably top ten at 154? That's not really that impressive. If he had beaten Trout or someone good in his last 3 fights, I would agree he 'bounced back.' But the only guy of note J Rock fought is Charlo, and he proved he could box with Jermall but he couldn't be in with a big puncher.

Heiland would have been a test imo if he was healthy. Just unfortunate he wasn't. Not really Charlo's fault.

My main point is Jermall has fought Trout; and Jermell has fought Vanes and Rosado. Those are the only 3 real guys they have ever fought, and they went the distance in each fight with no KDs. Jermell was getting cleanly outboxed by John Jackson for God's sakes.

I like the Charlos and think they are improving, I just think people are putting too much on them right now based on what they've shown. Similar to what people were doing with Andrade; then he went life and death with Culcay and everyone dropped him.

When Jermall next fights a guy with a big punch, it will be the first time he has done so. No one really knows what his level is yet, but he does look the part.
            I will say I think Jermall is the better twin so be careful when comparing them. John Jackson probably would have gotten knocked out before ever building a lead on Jermall. Having said that, I think Jermell is a different animal now that he switched camps to go with Spence and has really started sitting down on his shots more. Hurd is a tough match up for him. Thats close to a 50/50 fight even though I favor Jermell. If Hurd goes up to 160 I think Jermall beats his ass though. So lets not let one twins performance lower the stock of the other. These guys fight out of two different camps now and are different commodities. I hear what your saying. Your saying Trout is Jermall's best win based on Trout's resume and accolades. Meanwhile, I'm just looking at how J Rock looks in the ring. The quickness, the ring smarts, and honestly he is hard to hit flush. That uppercut Charlo landed was something I had never seen before. I mean it was like a pull counter uppercut with the hand he blocked with! And it had full leverage behind it!! Line up Vanes, Trout and Rosado and I think J Rock beats them all but thats just me. He doesn't have the resume yet to back any of that up but I can just see he's really good. I'd personally say J Rock is top 5 in the division easy. You obviously have to rate Hurd, Jermell and Lara ahead but I certainly wouldn't imagine a Sadam Ali could beat him. I'd love to see him fight Brook but can't see a situation where that would get made anytime soon. I think if Ali steps up to J Rock he could really prove he's a real force at 154. I see J Rock becoming a world champion at 54 sooner or later. Its only a matter of time before he becomes a mandatory again.

Comment

And Jermell is top 5 at 154. But is he closer to 1 or 5? No one knows. Lubin fight showed us something, as will the Trout fight. Then Hurd or Lara should be next.
              Well Jermell and Hurd look like they both want to get it on. Jermell's got a fish to fry in Trout and maybe they can get it on in the later half of the year. The narrative seems to indicate they both want that. Winner of that fight is the best at 54 imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                I will say I think Jermall is the better twin so be careful when comparing them. John Jackson probably would have gotten knocked out before ever building a lead on Jermall. Having said that, I think Jermell is a different animal now that he switched camps to go with Spence and has really started sitting down on his shots more. Hurd is a tough match up for him. Thats close to a 50/50 fight even though I favor Jermell. If Hurd goes up to 160 I think Jermall beats his ass though. So lets not let one twins performance lower the stock of the other. These guys fight out of two different camps now and are different commodities. I hear what your saying. Your saying Trout is Jermall's best win based on Trout's resume and accolades. Meanwhile, I'm just looking at how J Rock looks in the ring. The quickness, the ring smarts, and honestly he is hard to hit flush. That uppercut Charlo landed was something I had never seen before. I mean it was like a pull counter uppercut with the hand he blocked with! And it had full leverage behind it!! Line up Vanes, Trout and Rosado and I think J Rock beats them all but thats just me. He doesn't have the resume yet to back any of that up but I can just see he's really good. I'd personally say J Rock is top 5 in the division easy. You obviously have to rate Hurd, Jermell and Lara ahead but I certainly wouldn't imagine a Sadam Ali could beat him. I'd love to see him fight Brook but can't see a situation where that would get made anytime soon. I think if Ali steps up to J Rock he could really prove he's a real force at 154. I see J Rock becoming a world champion at 54 sooner or later. Its only a matter of time before he becomes a mandatory again.
                I hear ya - I brought up both Charlos since this thread was originally about the Charlos...but the thread did kind of get all over the place haha.

And I definitely agree that Jermall to me seems to be the more dangerous twin at this point. That uppercut was very impressive. J Rock isn't a scrub so it did tell us something about Jermall. That is a punch I could see possibly landing on GGG.

I feel GGG is susceptible at times to that uppercut with his guard, and with GGG's style (and age) I could possibly see him staying too long in the pocket at some point and getting caught...I would like to see that fight, but who knows what we will get the next couple years.

Jermell's knockout of Jackson was actually really impressive to me as well. To have KO one punch power that late in a fight is not common. Was just surprised he was getting outboxed that clearly since he was supposed to be the better boxing twin (based on what I've read).

I hope we see Hurd/Lara/Jermell fight each other a couple more times at least! Those should be some good fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                  Eddie needs a plan b to move forward because Wilder is coming to break the neck of his golden goose.

Not mad at this at all. The Charlos promote themselves good enough already but fighting in the UK would make them bigger.

Shut up with that whole “everyone has to fight in the uk to become bigger”

That is biggest bull!!!!

UK only interested in UK fighters.

Comment

• ???

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    Not for the wbc that would be Charlo and he earned his first
                    I never said WBC. He is now the WBA mandatory but the IBF is the next in order to be fought.

Comment

Legit question for y'all - How is what AJ is doing any different than what Floyd did to Pacquiao?
                      Floyd asked #48 to fight but #48 didn't want to take the test. Then #48 loses 2 fights in a row with one being put to sleep. Then #48 has tax issues & all of the sudden they want to go back to the table but this time Floyd says you AIN'T getting 50/50 after 1 failed attempt & 2 L's. Third time Floyd had to run up on #48 & made him fight.

NOTHING like Aj/hearn ducking D.Wilder to keep riding the gravy train cuz if he fights D.Wilder now & gets put to sleep then the gravy train stops.

Comment

Working...
                      X