Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I'd Like to Sign Both Charlo Brothers, Pay Them More Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Charlos are stars man. The fact Jermall was on Broner's undercard was a travesty. But if theyre not gonna be fighting on American TV then they shouldn't sign with Hearn. If they get televised Jacobs style then it could make sense. They are undervalued commodities and both are near the top. I don't see anyone really threatening Jermall except maybe Jacobs. He gets GGG, Canelo, and Blow Job beat up if they fight.

Comment

Is Hearn paying Jacobs more than Harmon?

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
        But you believe in lil g....LOL
        Yes especially after that ped cheat Connelo had tested dirty trying to gain an advantage. Saying he's going to go fight Mexican style only to reatreat and fight off his back foot the whole fight. Hit Everything but the kitchen sink and still didn't faze him. That's how you know its not a myth when other fighters risk their reps to try to beat you and still came up short with the gift draw paid by the company of Golden Boy. What else you got razorback.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
          Don't even try and act like Centeno was a test man. He is probably not even top 20 at middleweight.
          He did put hot shot prospect Aleem to sleep with one shot. He displayed one punch KO power so he was a threat. Sure Sulecki would have been a slightly better opponent but he's still not big time. The bigger fish are Jacobs, GGG, Clenelo and Blow Job. A fight with any of those guys has yet to be offered to Charlo so he is fighting whoever they put in front of him. That J Rock win is looking pretty good in retrospect with the way Williams has bounced back too I'll have you know. I agree fighting the cripple was a waste of Charlo's time and he looked disappointed because he looked ready for a real fight. The guy trains his ass off. He's hungry for these big fights. He will knock out Grolovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
            He did put hot shot prospect Aleem to sleep with one shot. He displayed one punch KO power so he was a threat. Sure Sulecki would have been a slightly better opponent but he's still not big time. The bigger fish are Jacobs, GGG, Clenelo and Blow Job. A fight with any of those guys has yet to be offered to Charlo so he is fighting whoever they put in front of him. That J Rock win is looking pretty good in retrospect with the way Williams has bounced back too I'll have you know. I agree fighting the cripple was a waste of Charlo's time and he looked disappointed because he looked ready for a real fight. The guy trains his ass off. He's hungry for these big fights. He will knock out Grolovkin.
            The Aleem fight was a good win, but it was strange; Aleem was walking him down pretty easily then goes down on one pretty harmless looking shot.

I like J Rock, but he is not a top level guy at all, come on. He is probably top ten at 154? That's not really that impressive. If he had beaten Trout or someone good in his last 3 fights, I would agree he 'bounced back.' But the only guy of note J Rock fought is Charlo, and he proved he could box with Jermall but he couldn't be in with a big puncher.

Heiland would have been a test imo if he was healthy. Just unfortunate he wasn't. Not really Charlo's fault.

My main point is Jermall has fought Trout; and Jermell has fought Vanes and Rosado. Those are the only 3 real guys they have ever fought, and they went the distance in each fight with no KDs. Jermell was getting cleanly outboxed by John Jackson for God's sakes.

I like the Charlos and think they are improving, I just think people are putting too much on them right now based on what they've shown. Similar to what people were doing with Andrade; then he went life and death with Culcay and everyone dropped him.

When Jermall next fights a guy with a big punch, it will be the first time he has done so. No one really knows what his level is yet, but he does look the part.

Comment

Main point is that Jermall is clearly top 10 right now at middleweight. But no one knows if he is really closer to 10 or closer to 1. If he fights someone like Lemieux or Monroe we will have a better idea.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                Charlos can't make big money unless they are fighting a legit opponent, and that's something neither of them seem willing to do under any circumstances.
                Your absolutely right cuz lil g not a legit opponent!

Comment

And Jermell is top 5 at 154. But is he closer to 1 or 5? No one knows. Lubin fight showed us something, as will the Trout fight. Then Hurd or Lara should be next.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                    Ortiz never got a straight shot because every time Ortiz fought, he looked like ****.

Ortiz was the mandatory though, so would have got his shot after AJ satisfied his IBF mandatory, but Ortiz went in Wilder's direction then failed a drug test so he was stripped by the WBA of his mandatory spot.
                    SMH....So every other opponent that Aj fought looked great huh?

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
                      Hearn is more of a trainer than a promoter.....The way he keeps AJ running
                      Lol....that's funny

Comment

Working...
                      X