No announcement yet.

Chinese tourists are all over Tokyo, buying everything

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... You don't have to explain me things about the Chinese -- I'm studying the Chinese culture and society since the '80s... (and I've been there... several times...)
    I don't know what it's like to live under communism, that's for sure. I got plenty of friends that have lived in Russia and Poland during the communist years, hearing their stories is shocking and beyond my experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      I don't know what it's like to live under communism, that's for sure. I got plenty of friends that have lived in Russia and Poland during the communist years, hearing their stories is shocking and beyond my experiences.
      ... I lived under a Communist regime for 35 years of my life...

Comment

Romanian, I assume? Crazy place in the old days. The main guy, Nicolae Ceaușescu, was one whacko
        dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
          Romanian, I assume? Crazy place in the old days. The main guy, Nicolae Ceaușescu, was one whacko
          dude.
          All that power made him even more ****ed up.

Comment

... I lived under a Communist regime for 35 years of my life...
            And then you killed your commie dictator on Christmas morning and things have been pretty decent since then.

Comment

I'm glad Moosashi had good experiences in China. I had a few good times. Ate an excellent meal in my hotel restaurant, korned a few gold diggers, bought fake knock off handbags for my girl and my sisters. It was fun.
              My best time in China was when I went to Inner Mongolia (so really I had fun in Mongolia).

I did get to see Hangzhou though, and that was a pretty decent place (although when I went to leave, I couldn't even get on a bus to go to the train station because of all the Chinese tourists cramming their way on--had to stay an extra night and walk to a terminal the next day--true story. Though the Hangzhou busses weren't that bad. I was trying to get a bus at the wrong time. Trying to get a seat on a train in Dalian on the other hand...).

In Inner Mongolia, I also got to wrestle a match. I was the second guy, after another American; I lost quick. But it was king of the mountain style, and the local dude didn't lose a single match all night; and beat a bunch of Mongolian dudes who knew how to Mongolian wrestle well.

The best move he pulled was a foot sweep from the open (i.e., no ties, with arms or belt). Just timed the guy lunging in, and dumped him hard. Hitting the ground is an automatic fall.

Comment

You can't imagine what Communism managed to do to one billion of people...

... read and learn: those tourists (who came to acquire Chinese ancient artworks from Japan) were all sent in a "buyback mission" by their government...
                Don't doubt that at all.

The **** is way safer in Japanese hands, I wouldn't doubt it.

Comment

I see, they are trying to reclaim their historic art where Chairman Mao couldnt destroy it.
                  Mao destroyed so many cultural heritage sites, the Taliban who caused an uproar for dynamiting 6th century Buddhist statues (terrible tragedy) are far less than pre-schoolers.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                    My best time in China was when I went to Inner Mongolia (so really I had fun in Mongolia).

I did get to see Hangzhou though, and that was a pretty decent place (although when I went to leave, I couldn't even get on a bus to go to the train station because of all the Chinese tourists cramming their way on--had to stay an extra night and walk to a terminal the next day--true story. Though the Hangzhou busses weren't that bad. I was trying to get a bus at the wrong time. Trying to get a seat on a train in Dalian on the other hand...).

In Inner Mongolia, I also got to wrestle a match. I was the second guy, after another American; I lost quick. But it was king of the mountain style, and the local dude didn't lose a single match all night; and beat a bunch of Mongolian dudes who knew how to Mongolian wrestle well.

The best move he pulled was a foot sweep from the open (i.e., no ties, with arms or belt). Just timed the guy lunging in, and dumped him hard. Hitting the ground is an automatic fall.

You really had a good time. I was working for a few months in Shang Hai. I korned a few women, but didn't travel like you did. I did some shopping but, many things were very expensive.

In Hong Kong I had fun, but I was there for work. Lots of conference calls to NY & London, met some cool people, but had no time to hang out. I slept as much as I could go ver the weekends, and exercised in the hotel gym.

Mongolia sounds cool. I want to go there some day on vacation, Nepal too!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      And then you killed your commie dictator on Christmas morning and things have been pretty decent since then.
                      ... that guy demolished churches and monasteries, thus destroying a significant part of Bucharest's cultural heritage... he deserved his fate...

Comment

Working...
                      X