Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Demetrius Andrade: I Never Ducked Charlo, That's Crazy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doubledagger View Post
    That would be true if that were the only time he ducked Jermell Charlo.

He actually ducked him AGAIN after that.

Many people, for reasons beyond me, don't know that Andrade was Jermell's mandatory challenger in 2016 and Andrade chose to go and fight Jack Culcay for the WBA REGULAR belt instead of fighting Charlo, thereby losing his mandatory spot.
    You have no clue. Andrade signed The contract to fight Jermell Charlo right after the Roc Nation thing happened within 3 weeks after the fight fell through once he realized Jay Z was going to go back on his promises. He signed the contract in early January after the deal fell thru in December.

Charlo refused to sign it and that’s a Fact ! I’ve seen the contract.

Then he waited around over 6 months to get Lara to fight him after he beat Willie Nelson and Showtime promised him they would get Lara to fight him. In the end they couldn’t get Lara’s side or a Charlo’s side to fight him and That’s the only reason Andrade went over to Germany to fight Culcay for less than $75k !!! Get real !!! Everyone was hiding from Andrade and they still ARE !!!

lol ok you seriously think he ran from Charlo AND went over to Germany in Culcays back yard to fight him for 1/5 of the money ?? Yea right

Comment

I think Andrade is a really good fighter but he’s got to take control of his career.
      He’s wasting what prime years he has left by waiting for top guys to come to him.
      He gave up a lot of control to go to DAZN chasing a big fight with GGG or Canelo with no other clear plans. Now he’s been in stay busy fights and wondering why those guys aren’t interested in him.
      Time to do what it takes to make good fights then worry about chasing the big fish. He’s pretty much forgotten right now.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
        I think Andrade is a really good fighter but he’s got to take control of his career.
        He’s wasting what prime years he has left by waiting for top guys to come to him.
        He gave up a lot of control to go to DAZN chasing a big fight with GGG or Canelo with no other clear plans. Now he’s been in stay busy fights and wondering why those guys aren’t interested in him.
        Time to do what it takes to make good fights then worry about chasing the big fish. He’s pretty much forgotten right now.
        jacobs and saunders as well

Comment

Many people, for reasons beyond me, don't know that Andrade was Jermell's mandatory challenger in 2016 and Andrade chose to go and fight Jack Culcay for the WBA REGULAR belt instead of fighting Charlo, thereby losing his mandatory spot.
          Ducked him again? You musta not read my comment after I just explained what happened the first time and just wanna knock the guy. The Culcay debacle was his management dropped the ball more than once on the purse bid thinking they could get a more favorable position and they got stuck in that situation. His management has always been horrible, adding along with his own bad decisions. Why would a guy(Andrade) who's supposedly ducking another dude(Charlo) be harassing him everywhere he goes looking for a fight with him? If a person is ducking somebody, they wouldn't wanna be seen anywhere near that person. Would need a good explanation for that one. Folks be accusing everybody of ducking too much. Boxing is a business first.

Comment

Say what u will but think logically for a moment. Anytime u see a guy who no top fighters seems to ever make a fight with, and he keeps calling them out, and no one mentions him, it's because they or their management don't want it for some reason or the other. Andrade has the same problems Crawford has, same problem that Ennis and Haney might have soon enough. Same problem that Paul Williams, Margarito, Aaron Pryor, Tony Ayala, James Toney, Mike McCallum, Georgie Benton, Aaron Tiger Wade, Holman Williams, Jack Chase, Archie Moore, Charley Burley Eddie Booker had, Sam Langford, Peter Jackson and many other great fighters from the past had. Ppl can be creative and lie about why fights don't get made, but it's a historical fact that fighters and managers avoid certain fighters because they know they'll lose, period. So they run or wait till he's half dead already

Comment

He actually said:

“He wants to fight the guys that are on the way out. He wants to fight the guys that don’t look as good."

Had to take a double take, sounded like he was talking about Crawford.

Comment

I see no lies in what Andrade said.
                Ppl think anytime two fighters names are linked & they don't fight it automatically equals ducking. There's no middle ground with some people it's either duck or bust. It just ain't work out cause Andrade was misled. People pretend as if he was like "oh no he's so good & talented I can beat him. Lemme find a way out the fight." Jermall, Canelo, BJS are better in my eyes & Andrade tried to fight them. Not even going back to 154 days..

But this interview came out weeks ago, why is it just now being posted?
                Last edited by MPDKSAB; 01-16-2021, 11:45 AM.

Comment

GG VS ANDRADE & CHARLO VS CANELO. I'm sure everybody wants these fights.

Comment

29 fights, 29 garbage opponents. Shut up and fight somebody. Most hollow resume of any 2 division champion in recent history.

Comment

Originally posted by Themanager View Post
                      You have no clue. Andrade signed The contract to fight Jermell Charlo right after the Roc Nation thing happened within 3 weeks after the fight fell through once he realized Jay Z was going to go back on his promises. He signed the contract in early January after the deal fell thru in December.

Charlo refused to sign it and that’s a Fact ! I’ve seen the contract.

Then he waited around over 6 months to get Lara to fight him after he beat Willie Nelson and Showtime promised him they would get Lara to fight him. In the end they couldn’t get Lara’s side or a Charlo’s side to fight him and That’s the only reason Andrade went over to Germany to fight Culcay for less than $75k !!! Get real !!! Everyone was hiding from Andrade and they still ARE !!!

lol ok you seriously think he ran from Charlo AND went over to Germany in Culcays back yard to fight him for 1/5 of the money ?? Yea right
                      Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
                      Say what u will but think logically for a moment. Anytime u see a guy who no top fighters seems to ever make a fight with, and he keeps calling them out, and no one mentions him, it's because they or their management don't want it for some reason or the other. Andrade has the same problems Crawford has, same problem that Ennis and Haney might have soon enough. Same problem that Paul Williams, Margarito, Aaron Pryor, Tony Ayala, James Toney, Mike McCallum, Georgie Benton, Aaron Tiger Wade, Holman Williams, Jack Chase, Archie Moore, Charley Burley Eddie Booker had, Sam Langford, Peter Jackson and many other great fighters from the past had. Ppl can be creative and lie about why fights don't get made, but it's a historical fact that fighters and managers avoid certain fighters because they know they'll lose, period. So they run or wait till he's half dead already
                      Some good posts in this thread. Very informative. I forget about the 2016 situation. I'd like to hear Andrade speak on that, not sure it'd make a difference now. But I can't see Andrade outright not wanting to fight Jermell. Especially since he was tryna fight Lara who at that time was clearly a more difficult/harder fight for Andrade. I can definitely see networks, promoters, managers pulling strings behind the scenes.

Comment

Working...
                      X