Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Demetrius Andrade: I Never Ducked Charlo, That's Crazy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
    Some good posts in this thread. Very informative. I forget about the 2016 situation. I'd like to hear Andrade speak on that, not sure it'd make a difference now. But I can't see Andrade outright not wanting to fight Jermell. Especially since he was tryna fight Lara who at that time was clearly a more difficult/harder fight for Andrade. I can definitely see networks, promoters, managers pulling strings behind the scenes.
    On the contrary, when he went and fought Culcay, there was an interview where they asked him why he fighting the regular champ instead of the Super Champ, Lara.

This clown actually said, from his own lips, that he would only fight Lara as a last resort because Lara is boring and he wants to be in exciting fights.

He also announced his move up to middleweight two weeks after the WBA announced their intentions to order negotiations between him and Lara.

Then he immediately ducked Derevyancheno, who called him out numerous times and sent him a contract, and then called him out again before announcing that he was giving up on Andrade because Andrade wasn't answering his calls and wasn't answering his call outs or the contract that was sent to him.

Andrade is a fraud bruh.

People make all these little excuses for him, oh he had short notice, he had bad management, he was misled by Roc Nation, he was getting paid less than Lara, all that bullocks.

At the end of the day, he is the common denominator in these fights not happening.

Its always him with the excuses for why the fights didn't happen.

Once is coincidence, twice is bad luck, but three, four, five times?

Come on.

Comment

Charlo was offered $7 million for the fight. He turned it down. So why are we still talking about this fight? Let's move on brothas.

The media needs to talk to Charlo and ask him why he rejected the fight.

Why ask something that is in the past? So dumb to me.

Comment

Andrade is boring

Andrade had Canelo and ggg same network but couldn’t land a fight!!! Because Andrade is a boring fighter!! Nobody will pay to watch a sleep festival!!!

Comment

Here is the difference in worth and populate it by where you sign

Jermell Charlo PBC - 359K followers Instagram

Boo boo Andrade Dazn - 104k followers Instagram

These fighters have zero business savvy. Boo Boo is a prime example

Comment

Originally posted by maguirre View Post
            Charlo was offered $7 million for the fight. He turned it down. So why are we still talking about this fight? Let's move on brothas.

The media needs to talk to Charlo and ask him why he rejected the fight.

Why ask something that is in the past? So dumb to me.
            Exactly !!!

Comment

Ducked out of Fear? Absolutely NOT! BUT he did back out of the Jermell Charlo Fight assuming he was getting a big deal with Roc Nation and that hurt his career for sure

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                He actually said:

“He wants to fight the guys that are on the way out. He wants to fight the guys that don’t look as good."

Had to take a double take, sounded like he was talking about Crawford.
                Did Crawford sexually assault you or something? You're beyond obsessed with the guy

Comment

miscalculated his marketability and he made a poor decision. he shouldn't have to pay a lifetime of consequences. shows that life comes down to a few moments.

Comment

Andrade is a straight up clown. After claiming a vacant belt, he had one defense against his mandatory in '14 then pulled out of the fight with Jermell and ended up spending well over a year out of the ring and got stripped due to the fallout-- and yet, he's recently been going around trying to spin the narrative that Canelo ducked him back then when he was busy fighting Lara (who Andrade refused to face even years down the line). Jermell is currently a unified champ at 154 while Andrade is acting surprised about his weak resume when he's refused the step up fights he was supposed to take.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledagger View Post
                      On the contrary, when he went and fought Culcay, there was an interview where they asked him why he fighting the regular champ instead of the Super Champ, Lara.

This clown actually said, from his own lips, that he would only fight Lara as a last resort because Lara is boring and he wants to be in exciting fights.

He also announced his move up to middleweight two weeks after the WBA announced their intentions to order negotiations between him and Lara.

Then he immediately ducked Derevyancheno, who called him out numerous times and sent him a contract, and then called him out again before announcing that he was giving up on Andrade because Andrade wasn't answering his calls and wasn't answering his call outs or the contract that was sent to him.

Andrade is a fraud bruh.

People make all these little excuses for him, oh he had short notice, he had bad management, he was misled by Roc Nation, he was getting paid less than Lara, all that bullocks.

At the end of the day, he is the common denominator in these fights not happening.

Its always him with the excuses for why the fights didn't happen.

Once is coincidence, twice is bad luck, but three, four, five times?

Come on.
                      You telling 1 sided stories & you lying. This shìt is like beating a dead horse I get tired of repeating myself so today I'm not going any further after this.

I followed both Lara & Derevyancheno situations closely at the time. He never ducked either. I don't recall him ever outright saying "I don't wanna fight Lara." There's multiple interviews of him saying he would fight Lara which was from what I remember the sole purpose of going to Germany to fight Culcay to get in position to fight Lara. Lara told his team to close a fight with Andrade in the summer. Not only did Lara not fight Andrade that summer he never fought in the summer at all that year! He fought Gausha in the fall. He said Andrade priced himself out, never gave a $ amount never said how much. Andrade did an IG video saying something like: price myself out? We never even got that far in negotiations (talking about finances). People chose to believe Lara's side because they don't like Andrade &/or want to pretend that cause of the isolated Roc Nation incident that he has a history of pulling out of agreed fights vs top comp. I've yet to see any unequivocal proof of what Lara said or addressing Andrade's denial so how anyone says who's ducking is beyond me.

Iirc Andrade said the WBA ordering the negotiations now? (which was after the summer) when we coulda been fought. Now that I think about it, you a funny guy. Lol you leaving out key moments. Yeah I remember that WBA shìt now. The WBA waited all that time to order the fight when Andrade fought that March & was ready to fight in the summer like Lara said. They gon order the fight around the time Lara fighting Gausha which is suspect as hell. That basically means they woulda had to fight in 2018 lol, Andrade woulda had 1 fight while Lara had two in 2017. So Andrade got tired of waiting & moved up. Which is understandable.

I've heard rumors for years Andrade was blackballed by PBC. Jermall said in an interview Andrade been pissing off promoters. The only scenario I can think of that he would have any involvement in is the DA/Roc Nation/Mell... The fighters both in question just happened to be affiliated with AL Haymon. Is it ludicrous to think Haymon don't wanna organize a title fight or wanna delay it cause of that one incident with Roc Nation? Especially when he might beat their guy & he don't got no deal with Al..

The whole shìt about Sergiy is you believing Keith Connolly who was tryna push a narrative cause he was tryna get any opportunity for Sergiy who had absolutely no leverage at the time. Andrade being aware of who Sergiy is gave him his props basically saying the time they gave him is not enough time to prepare for an opponent or Sergiy's caliber. This was in a YouTube interview explaining everything around that time with I wanna say IFL. If you remember in the Fox fight their was a time in the later rounds they was putting ice on Andrade's bicep. I don't know if it was an official injury or it just needed time to heal. All Andrade wanted was an adequate amount of time to rest &/or be notified of the fight to have time to train.

If Keith was so hell bent on getting Sergiy the Andrade fight, there was multiple times when they didn't have a fight lined up.. Why he wasn't so outspoken then? Andrade been saying he would fight him. I'm not sure how long since the 2017 scenario didn't work out. Cause I'm doing all this off memory. But even before Sergiy lost to Charlo, Andrade was saying he wanted to fight him. After Sergiy fought GGG his team was mad at the decision saying they deserved to be champion, they wanted a rematch - understandably so. Andrade said again he would fight him.

Again If Keith Connolly was so hell bent on his guy being a champion, ok you can't get the GGG rematch. Why he wasn't on Andrade aśs? Why wasn't he being vocal saying he wanted to get Andrade? My point exactly. Lastly Andre Rozier did an interview on YouTube refuting that pretty much everything Connolly was pushing. Rozier said Andrade doesn't duck people. Far as I'm concerned that's case closed.

When you look at Andrade, his style, who he is, & what he brings to the table & can't understand why a promoter, manager, or fighter wouldn't want to fight him then I think you got an agenda. From a non major promoter to now having one, they both say the same thing. "He's avoided & it's tough getting him fights." I don't think that's a coincidence.

Ending with this, I'm a man of principle an integrity. If I intentionally lied about anything I said or any man I spoke of in this post. God take my life tonight!

Comment

Working...
                      X