No announcement yet.

Greatest Heavyweights Of All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoneyKasha View Post
    Fury ending Wlad's reign is imo more impressive than AJ's knockout (Wlad almost knocked him out) even if Wlad looked better in the AJ fight

AJ has the overall quanity of names, but Fury's top 2 wins>>>>AJ's top 2 wins
    Fury only has 2 top wins in his career. He has only been in 3 title fights. No way is he top10 he shouldn't even be on this list

Comment

Against Lewis, the eyebrow cut was not bothering him, and not dangerous on any way.

Right firstly to be clear i rate Vitali way above Wilder he deserves a place in this list and he tried to fight everyone in his era not related to him.

However that cut vs Lewis was awful and the fight was rightly stopped. The real shame was Lewis not wanting a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
        What number ? I caught Fury at 7 ? I can’t watch the entire video on here bc it crashes . I kept having to skim through it .

Edit : Never mind I saw you have him at 12 or something but how is Fury number 7 ? Doesn’t add up anyway . Nothing warrants Fury a top 10 right now . If he defeats AJ then yea but he has no history and very selective picking in between fights this isn’t knew but how would that get him a number 7 spot with no defenses ?
        Raging...

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post

Like and subcribe guys, comment what y'all think
          Tunney and Dempsey are big misses bro. Both are easily top 15.

Floyd Patterson and Ken Norton should probably be in there as well.

Comment

None of the current crop are near the top 10 based on resume but I think all time head to head wise Fury at his best would rank pretty highly.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Tunney and Dempsey are big misses bro. Both are easily top 15.

Floyd Patterson and Ken Norton should probably be in there as well.
              With Fury at 7, I knew this would be a shortsighted list with some major omissions.

Comment

Originally posted by 786 View Post
                With Fury at 7, I knew this would be a shortsighted list with some major omissions.
                Fury has some very impressive accolades tbf. 2 time lineal champion for example, only Ali, Patterson, Foreman, Holyfield and Lewis have also done that. He’s the only man to accomplish that feat whilst remaining undefeated too.

He’s also the first HW to dethrone two champions with 10+ defences to my knowledge.

He’s also the one of only two HW’s along with Riddick Bowe to have won all four (WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO) major titles.

Only thing he really lacks is title defences.

Maybe not as high as 7 but Fury’s certainly in the top 15 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  No he didn’t come anywhere close to fighting everyone of his era. I’m no expert but the list of HWs he didn’t fight is long. I never said he ducked anyone but he never fought a lot of good HWs that were active during his career. Wladimir is an ATG but Vitali is not in my opinion.
                  Vitali over Wladimir for me.

In terms of accomplishments and resume it’s Wlad for sure but I think Vitali was the better fighter. Without the injuries he’d have achieved a lot more IMO.

Who do you think he missed btw?

There’s no glaring omissions IMO.

Comment

he is a good heavyweight and probably the best heavyweight fighting now. I don't think he is the best heavyweight in history or even close to being that. I have seen lots of heavyweights live or on film who I think would beat him. I think many of them would knock him out just as mediocre champion Wilder came within one second of doing with a slow counting multiple testing referee.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                      Vitali over Wladimir for me.

In terms of accomplishments and resume it’s Wlad for sure but I think Vitali was the better fighter. Without the injuries he’d have achieved a lot more IMO.

Who do you think he missed btw?

There’s no glaring omissions IMO.
                      He never ducked anyone & he probably would have beat most if not all of them but from his first meaningful fight in 1999 to 2012 here are some of the guys he never fought who were all active... Holyfield, Golota, Tua, McCline, Maskaev, Toney, Rahman, Grant, McCall, Oquendo, John Ruiz, Botha, Tyson, Mercer, Brewster, Ibragimov, Liahkovich, Austin, Williamson, Tony Thompson, Chagaev, Chambers, Haye, Stiverne, Povetkin, Valuev... those are the names who were active at different periods from 99-2012. Again he may have beaten all of them but we will never know because he didn’t fight them. I threw Williamson in there because he had fought Wlad & dropped him but fight was stopped because of a cut on Wlad’s face. He beat a few decent HWs too. There was just too many notable names that were there at different stages of his career.
                      Last edited by joe strong; 10-28-2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X